Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

So the check cashing store next to me...

chainsaw

Oct 29, 2007, 8:08 PM
just got robbed at gun point for the 2nd time this month....by the same guy. WTF why can't cops keep this guy off the street.
StillNAOQS

Oct 29, 2007, 8:12 PM
if I gave you 1/3 of what I got from them would you be quiet?
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 11:19 AM
And how much is that?
StillNAOQS

Oct 31, 2007, 10:25 AM
yes or no question... then we will discuss amounts
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 29, 2007, 8:31 PM
Maybe you should stop robbing them, although it is a good idea knowing you're on the clock and have a quick place to hide out, out in the open. Plus I bet it makes it that much easier to case the joint huh?
bclark22

Oct 29, 2007, 9:31 PM
My room mate works next to a Hollywood video. The check cashing place there got robbed by gunpoint twice within a few months.

When does it become worth it to invest in security/let employees handle guns? My room mate carries everywhere, even when he's working at hollywood video. I know he would not hesitate to shoot any a$$hole that decides to pull a gun on him, neither would I.
arsimckhoi

Oct 30, 2007, 7:38 AM
he go all john woo i bet then all the sudden... pigeons!
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 12:15 PM
🤨 all the check cashing places around here have bullet proof dividers and 2 security doors to get into the back. How is he doing it?
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
I think they just have a counter that separates them for safety. Who knows, but they keep getting robbed.
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
They may upgrade their security now 🤣
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 1:03 PM
Hopefully not, I hope they get robbed to the point of going out of business. These stores are detrimental to society and are taking advantage of imigrant workers and military families.
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 1:07 PM
Well if illegal immigrant workers don't want to be taken advantage of then maybe they should become legal. How are they taking advantage of military families?
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 1:20 PM
You just said all imigrant workers are illegaly. Beleive it or not, some ARE here legally. And most of the ones using these services are LEGAL.

PEople, especially military families, have a very hard time getting out of debt once using a pay day loan from those stores. The interest rates are so high (nearly 36%), that once they take out one loan, they need to continually use this service to pay bills while slowly falling further and further behind.

Just google "pay day loans affecting society" and you'll find a few hundred thousand related links.

Why are you PRO pay day loan centers.
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 1:37 PM
I specifically said ILLEGAL as to prove the point that if they want rights then become legal. As far as legal immigrants getting taken advantage of, that's no different than any other legal citizen....everyone gets it, it's called taxes.

I am not pro for these shops, never said I was. I was curious also about why you specifically mentioned military families that's all. None of the military families I know go to these so I was wondering what that had to do with it. Never actually heard of Pay day loans before.
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 1:43 PM
Be happy that you aren't familiar with them, there are five pay day loan centers within one square mile of my work. This probably corresponds with the fact that we have the highest bankruptcy rate in america in my state. It has become so bad, that the state has banned any more of these stores from opening. I know all low income people are being affected, but the two that get the most publicity are military families and immigrant workers.
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 1:48 PM
🤨 Oh all the check cashing places around here don't do that, as far as I know. Their all Western Union places. Where are you?
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 1:50 PM
SLC UT.
charliegirl

Oct 30, 2007, 1:54 PM
👀 wow, didn't know that it was so bad there. We have check cashing places on every other corner in some places and starbucks on the other corners 🤣 🤣 🤣
chainsaw

Oct 30, 2007, 2:01 PM
haha same here. Several of our locations are next to a company called Check City. They own all their own property and try to have an adjoining cell phone store next to all their stores.
skippyvan

Oct 31, 2007, 11:49 AM
I watched a friend get f'd by those places. You're right that once people start using them they begin to totally rely on them, and before they can stop they are so far in debt it isnt even funny.
chainsaw

Oct 31, 2007, 11:51 AM
skippyvan said:
I watched a friend get f'd by those places. You're right that once people start using them they begin to totally rely on them, and before they can stop they are so far in debt it isnt even funny.

Ya see that it does happen 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.