Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Gosh Darn Mother Farting Doodie Head

hardcorehavok

Oct 27, 2007, 4:11 PM
Just had a customer who really pushed my buttons. He came in with his wife and son stating he had been getting messages from us (CellOne) to get a new phone because his contract is up.

C - What do you have to offer?

R - Every phone on this table is free and the others are priced with a contract renewal discount.

C - Do you have the RAZR?

R - Yes, sir. It is $100 with a new contract.

C - Really? I got a message from CellOne that said I could get one.

R - Free?

C - Yep.

R - We did have a promotion last month where it was free after a $50 mail-in-rebate, but that ended. Do you still have the text message?

C - I don't do rebates. Yep. "Add a line and get a free RAZR after rebate."

(Note: This was the promotion from ...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Oct 27, 2007, 4:22 PM
The RAZR? A... cool... phone? A.... great....phone?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH *takes deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
(continues)
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 27, 2007, 4:23 PM
^^ What he said. 😁
soldmysoul4cellular

Oct 27, 2007, 4:38 PM
hey i had the razr for two years and not one problem...he is exactly right...the more there are the more you will see problems...also i think quality control goes down a bit the more the make....
OfAMightDivine

Oct 27, 2007, 4:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAH
Sorry. I'm done laughing now.
hardcorehavok

Oct 27, 2007, 4:30 PM
Again, that is from my personal experience with the RAZR. It is true that there are TONS of RAZR horror stories, but there is a reason. There are more RAZRs in the world than any other phone. This means that the RAZR has a higher likelihood of having issues.

Example: If there are 100 RAZRs for every 1 Nokia 6126, then it is logical that the RAZRs are 100% more likely to have problems.

Also, I think most people still think of the RAZR as cool. Why else would it still be the most popular phone in the US, if not the world? Why has it been on the market for 3 years when most phones last only six months? Why are there 50 million different models of the RAZR and 50 million more colors?

Because Motorola knows how to milk the RAZR for ever...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Oct 27, 2007, 4:43 PM
I know there's more put there than any other phone. Count percentages dude, not total number. More of a PERCENT of the RAZRs have issues (I don't know the percent off-hand, granted, but this was presented to us in a training we had to take). The device also has more confirmed issues with it than most other devices.

Ever hear of mob mentality? More people that do something, the more will join because it's natural for people to want to be part of a group. Motorola made such a hype about the RAZR when it first came out, and due to good MARKETING of the device, it's continued to sell well. If you put an ad out that says (and I've seen this) "More people around the world have the RAZR... why don't YOU?" People will automatically think it's th...
(continues)
hardcorehavok

Oct 27, 2007, 4:50 PM
I'm sorry. The RAZR sucks. You win. 😢
sprintg19

Oct 27, 2007, 6:00 PM
I wish more sales reps would outright refuse to sell them in my area. Then everybody would have to come to me to get the phone they want!
OfAMightDivine

Oct 27, 2007, 6:03 PM
Yeah, and then you can deal with them when they all come back wondering why their phone fell apart 3 months after they bought it.
ac4321

Oct 27, 2007, 5:00 PM
If that's your worst of the day then you had it easy.
😛

I'll trade you that guy for my first customer of the day who needed to upload his videos. Showed him how on the first few and as I scrolled down I saw some of them were of... um... umm.. how do I put this... himself... um... you know...

Old guy, creepy looking, looked like a Chris Hansen interview candidate.
👀
hardcorehavok

Oct 27, 2007, 5:06 PM
Yesterday, I had a lady come in with a Blackberry 7130g. she had just upgraded to a Nokia 6126. She had not saved her contacts to the sim card. She asked me to do it. Did you know that Blackberries (at least the 7130g) do not offer the option to copy all to sim. You have to go one-by-one. I spent 30 minutes transferring them for her. She was an elderly lady who knew nothing about cell phones. Apparently, she got talked into the BB by the rep who upgraded her last time.
ac4321

Oct 27, 2007, 5:20 PM
We have this magic little box called Cellebrite that we use for phone book transfers. It works, usually, even with phones from different carriers or significantly different types as long as it is in the thing and we have the cable.
hardcorehavok

Oct 27, 2007, 5:32 PM
We don't. We have to do it with a sim card and two phones of the same carrier (ours). I wish we had something like that. I think the COR store does.
chainsaw

Oct 27, 2007, 6:10 PM
gotta love those customers.

I had a guy in here that was talking to himself for about 15 minutes before I helped him. I'm pretty sure he touches little boys....sexually.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.