Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

ASSIST ME.

vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 3:26 PM
Well, I don't really need assistance.

What I need is for Cingular/AT&T people to give me some feedback on activations/upgrades through that company.

I work for a 3rd party dealer selling Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

But in a couple weeks we're getting rid of Sprint and picking up AT&T, so I'd just like to know what I'm getting into.
devilsmafia

Oct 26, 2007, 4:05 PM
I thought Verizon didnt allow thier indirects to sell Cingular/AT&T also.
nuckingfuts

Oct 26, 2007, 4:15 PM
Thats what I thought aout the Death Star too
d3ity

Oct 27, 2007, 2:07 PM
Our account manager just let us know that the only new indirects bieng approved MUST be exclusive, and within the next year, all indirect stores will be exclusive in our area.
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 4:33 PM
for at&t indirect upgrade fee is only waived on upgrades..usually. That is based on whatever the account says but 90% of the time thats how it is. Umm gsm like tmobile. I dont know what company you work for so no idea if youll get any of the cool phones. As an indirect dealer we get the bottom of the barrel phones mostly - I've noticed.
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 4:33 PM
Activation fee I meant. 🤭
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 4:35 PM
How is it as far as difficulty level with activations and upgrades....

I went through and did a simulation activation and it seemed just about as easy as T-Mobile, but I wasn't sure if it was as easy as it looked.
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 4:37 PM
Like with everything else at&t does it is a bit complex and takes a little getting used to. It's definately more complex than tmobile but once you do a few you get the hang of it. Just prey the comp doesnt crap out on you during a unity plan cause that can be a bitch to call up.
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 4:40 PM
Okay, so what's a unity plan?
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 4:41 PM
It's where they combine their home at&t phone service with cell service. Different plan prices than the regular cell plans. You'll get the brochures I'm sure. 😉
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 4:48 PM
Sounds effing fantastic.
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 4:52 PM
Sorry gave you the wrong information I only sold one of these so far. It's the same price as the normal calling plans but if they have at&t at home it lets them call at&t landlines and business for free - as well as wireless users obviously.
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 4:54 PM
In any case, I'm still not looking forward to that.

Haha.
nization

Oct 26, 2007, 7:46 PM
I presume you work for Costco? I only say that because I know they are dropping a company and picking up ATT.
I worked for Best Buy and sold Verizon and sprint along with ATT. I would say it will be easier then sprint (I never liked sprints system) I prefered ATT over the two actually. Never sold T-mobile though.
It won't be too bad once you run through it a few times. Also depending on what area your in you may not need to worry about Unity plans. We don't have them here in Washington.
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 26, 2007, 8:08 PM
I have been selling att for a few years and it rocks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.