Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Folks......

vocalist

Oct 25, 2007, 2:51 PM
I'm slowly being drained of life due to absolute boredom.

No one wants to buy cell phones todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Let's play a game or something.

Any ideas?
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 4:31 PM
i only work tomorrow and tuesday for the rest of the month and i need to sell 6.5 more points!!
vocalist

Oct 25, 2007, 5:07 PM
You better get to selling!

I just got 2 new activations out and I have an add-line and an upgrade coming in about 10 minutes so I'm good for the night.

😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 5:42 PM
😢
Grantizzle

Oct 25, 2007, 5:52 PM
how does one acquire a "point?"
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 5:54 PM
haha, new activations are 1 point, upgrades are .5 and add ons are .5 (unless you upgrade the primary line, then the add on is 1) i need 30 points to get paid on my phones
Grantizzle

Oct 25, 2007, 6:02 PM
that sucks. you can't get out six new lines in 2 days?
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 6:09 PM
well tomorrow is a possibility to do some business...but the last day i work this month in a wednesday.

this mall has been dead the passed 2 months...its killing me
devilsmafia

Oct 25, 2007, 6:10 PM
You can get 6.5 points in 2 days. I've got faith in ya.
devilsmafia

Oct 25, 2007, 6:13 PM
I got 2 points today and some data 😛
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 6:30 PM
i got .5 and some data
Sprintkitty

Oct 25, 2007, 6:22 PM
Our mall's been dead too. But November'll pick up.
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 6:31 PM
i cant afford these checks....im going to talk to a bar manager tonight about getting me in there. im just no good at this. i belong behind a bar.
devilsmafia

Oct 25, 2007, 6:33 PM
or maybe a stripper pole? LOL
foxiangel5

Oct 25, 2007, 6:43 PM
chr....i mean devilsmafia!!

yeah youre probably right..
devilsmafia

Oct 25, 2007, 6:53 PM
I'll come and watch ya 😈
vocalist

Oct 25, 2007, 6:36 PM
foxiangel5 said:
haha, new activations are 1 point, upgrades are .5 and add ons are .5 (unless you upgrade the primary line, then the add on is 1) i need 30 points to get paid on my phones

1 point for new activations/add-line
.25 for upgrades/prepaids

However, we don't really get scoredo n the points, we get scored on how many phones we put out.

And if we don't meet goal, it doesn't matter as far as commission, because we still get paid.

The only time we don't get paid is if the paperwork is wrong.
arsimckhoi

Oct 26, 2007, 8:46 AM
ah ha! the secret revealed! that's why customers get so many add on's put on with out their permission... can't say that I blame you though... if I was 2 points away and one day to go I might be tempted to pull some shady stuff too... also would explain why store reps at just about every provider don't lie but then again they don't say the whole truth.

good to kno
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 26, 2007, 5:02 PM
Those us that have to make quotas/goals and get paid off of them try to do the best we can with every customer interaction.

I will not lie and say that I have not told the whole truth to a customer, and I will also not lie when I say that I have also with held information from a customer. But, in a situation where I am judged on my numbers and have very little traffic coming into the store I need to make the most of every transaction.

Indirects can be shady, but corps can be just as shady too. Nobodies hands are clean, and once you accept that then you can move on with life. 😉
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 5:04 PM
Haha that goes for SOME indirects, yes.

Not for me though.

I don't necessarily want a customer coming back to me screaming about extra charges on their bill.

And it's just not ethical.
nuckingfuts

Oct 26, 2007, 8:54 AM
I sell over 100 lines per month, between upgrades and new lines.

I am loving life!!
vocalist

Oct 26, 2007, 5:05 PM
Do you have a lisp?
reppinP-W-1

Oct 27, 2007, 1:21 AM
i get paid salary and commission... commission coming off of revenue for the month. i have a 10k quota to meet. how do you folks do it?
vzwcripplesphones

Oct 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
I get paid in bananas for working, seeing as how I need customers to sell things to in order for me to make my commission.

Seriously, I am bored. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.