Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Kicking A$$

mooiscoow

Oct 21, 2007, 4:19 PM
Radio Sh!t new thing now is to give someone a new phone, and feel not obligated to transfer the phone book. We had to take a class saying that when we do an upgrade we transfer the phone book. If you can't get it to work, you call tech, NOT TO SEND THEM TO A STORE. They were with me in the class, so I know that they went. I don't have time to deal with it. I just got fed up. I went over there and told them if they send one more person, I would be their worst nightmare. This was 2 days ago.

They sent someone else. So everytime I get a call about the iPhone NO MATTER WHAT I tell them to call Radio Shack, and give them their number. 😈
sckoisks17

Oct 21, 2007, 10:31 PM
I work for a RadioShack kiosk, and we don't have the ability to transfer phone books. Maybe it's different in an actual RadioShack store, but I know no store like mine has the equipment.
Hombre07

Oct 22, 2007, 12:13 AM
Well he mentioned the iPhone, so I will assume he's working with AT&T. Point being, if you can't transfer the phone book of an AT&T phone you should be fired. Unless your TDMA the SIM card is all the 'equipment' you need.
beeferjay

Oct 22, 2007, 8:59 AM
the iPhone doesnt have a SIM card.

imbecile
Hombre07

Oct 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
Really now? So how do these unlocked iPhone's get on T-Mobiles network? It run on ESNs does it?
Hombre07

Oct 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
Oh, and I missed the obvious, Radio Shack doesn't sell iPhones. I was just using that reference to link it to AT&T.

asshat.
beeferjay

Oct 22, 2007, 10:38 AM
youre fired
Guy Montag

Oct 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
Of course Iphones have simcards. They come shipped with them and are capable of having them replaced just like any other GSM phone.
spidermon

Oct 23, 2007, 11:11 AM
The iphone does have a sim card you MOE RON...i've personally placed a tmobile sim card inside an iphone.....go cuck a sock!
Guy Montag

Oct 22, 2007, 11:52 AM
It is generally easy to do. Just put the new sim card in the old phone. Go to the contact list and depending on the brand there is usually a copy all. The only exception is older samsungs. Copy all to new sim, and put new sim in new phone. The contacts will then be present on the new phone. That simple. The only time you need a device is going from CDMA, TDMA, or other party GSM to ATT. There are ten dollar devices that will move sim to sim as well for those other party GSM phones.
d3ity

Oct 22, 2007, 12:30 PM
Celebrites do not exist in ratshack.
just_asking

Oct 22, 2007, 6:02 AM
Radio shack has over 6000 stores, plus kiosk, etc. No of them have the equipment to do CDMA transfers. We have to send them to corp stores to transfer the phonebooks. We are not sending them to you, to give you work. Verizon will now do it for free over the air. But we don't sell Verizon anymore. ATT, its in the sim card. I will transfer from phone to card for them, Sprint, they need to update there system to do transfer over-the-air like verizon.
BigShowJB

Oct 22, 2007, 9:22 AM
Sprint can do ota phonebooks ... just set up wireless backup on their account before you do the upgrade ....
sckoisks17

Oct 22, 2007, 10:12 AM
Right, and then you have your customers coming back with wireless backup on their bill, yelling at you and asking you why there's an extra charge for a service they didn't ask for, leading to returns, chargebacks, etc... I'd rather just tell my customers I can't do it.
d3ity

Oct 22, 2007, 12:32 PM
VZW's wireless backup is free only if you register for our website... you still see a charge for it on your bill, but you recieve a credit back for the same ammount (1.99/mo).
OfAMightDivine

Oct 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
You don't see the charge for it on your bill. You have to agree to the charge to download it, but the charge never gets added to the bill (or it shouldn't anyways)

I've never seen it added to the bill, but seen plenty of customers with it.
d3ity

Oct 22, 2007, 1:05 PM
Strange, I saw it added on a customer's bill and then a credit issued a few times.
foxiangel5

Oct 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
i work for a verizon indirect but we have the machine to do numbers, pics, and ringtones...$15 for all that, $10 for the numbers only. ill make the commission, even if it is only a little bit, its only 10 min of my time and im not all the busy usually.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.