Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Question for Sprint Reps.

yodude

Oct 12, 2007, 1:03 PM
Customer ports number from Cingular to Nextel and 5 days later ports them to T Mobile because the phone with Sprint/Nextel does not work where they live. Returns all the right equipment blah blah blah. Gets a bill a few weeks later for $500, $30 some odd dollars worth of usage. He cancelled the entire account within 5 days, Nextel says since he did that and ported the numbers out, he rightly got charged the termination fees and everything. He understands he pays for usage, but why would he get charged for termination fees and activation fees because he ported his numbers 5 days later when he realized he couldn't use those phones? I thought they had at LEAST a 14 day policy. If not 30 days.
computerking

Oct 12, 2007, 1:11 PM
Have him contact the Attorney General and file a complaint and see if he can get out of it if the phones did not work within his home AND he was within his return period.
StarryNight

Oct 12, 2007, 1:35 PM
Don't even bother. Call a Sprint store, and have a rep call our manager's hotline to get the issue fixed. Shouldn't be that hard.
yodude

Oct 12, 2007, 1:50 PM
We called the special number we have and 3 different people and a supervisor gave us the same crap. Since they ported their numbers, they get charged. Why should they freaking be charged after 5 days with their own numbers they had with Cingular for 4 years?!
ralph_on_me

Oct 12, 2007, 2:53 PM
That's funny because it's not how ANY other company works.
ac4321

Oct 12, 2007, 3:04 PM
Hahaha. Attorney generals have more important things to worry about. Talk about overkill. The customer could go back to the place where they were bought and returned and have their manager call to have it fixed, or the customer could directly call to have it fixed.

Call 866-267-7139. It's a no-brainer that unfortunately a few brain dead reps have mangled. It's a 30 day *national* return policy. As long as the equipment is returned within 30 days, the ETF's are waived, activation fees refunded, and the only liability is for actual usage.
BigShowJB

Oct 12, 2007, 4:29 PM
$500? what was that for?

I've never heard of that with any company ... even Sprint...

but to call the Attorney General is a bit excessive for the moment. ask an attorney to draft a basic letter to Sprint if all reasonable attempts through the store and CC channels are futile
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Oct 12, 2007, 4:54 PM
I work for Sprint, and on the sprint side- customers have 30days to cancel without ETF. I'm not sure about Nextel
ac4321

Oct 12, 2007, 6:18 PM
There really isn't a Sprint side and Nextel side anymore. Nextel is now just a product name for PTT. As far as policies and such, it's the same- national 30 day return/exchange period for purchases from any Sprint direct sales and from most 3rd party places.
Jennyboo

Oct 12, 2007, 6:29 PM
They didn't by any chance activate at a Mobile Solutions did they?

I've seen lots of interesting bills from people who activated there.

And yes Sprint/Nextel has a 30 day return/exchange period.
inked n poked.

Oct 12, 2007, 6:50 PM
im not too sure about nextel...

but with sprint, he can get the etf waived, because you have a 30 day exchange period. you would have to pay for the usage, buts its an easy problem to fix...

if i worked for nextel, id do it for ya!
BigShowJB

Oct 13, 2007, 9:33 AM
get in touch w/ nextel18 on here.. he might know what is going on there
wirelessad

Oct 13, 2007, 12:13 PM
it is morethan likely just a screwup in the system because of all the porting...i had a similar problem where the customer cancelled from nextel 2 days after they got their service, but the number had bot ported yet and nextel charged them the etf...all i had to do was call in to retentions or cancellations and explain to them what happened and they credited it back to them

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.