Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Verizon...Now with rollover!

Cellfoneslinger

Oct 10, 2007, 8:44 PM
Customer - Hello

Me - Hello, what kind of phone to you have?

C - Verizon, and I love it!

M - Do you love the part where they take away all the minutes that you used last month?

C - They don't do that. I have rollover

M - You have rollover with Verizon?

C - Yes. Its on my bill.

M - They don't offer rollover, only we do.

C - Yes they do its on my bill.

M - No, it is not.

C - Yes, it is!

M - No ma'ma that is impossible

C - Well you should know your competition better!

😳

Nuff said
robtheman

Oct 10, 2007, 8:46 PM
Whenever they say something idiotic like that, I usually say: "Huh. I wasn't aware that they were doing that." Then the customer feels self important because they're telling you something you didn't know...even though you already know it, and it's wrong.
arsimckhoi

Oct 11, 2007, 6:57 AM
they misunderstood the concept of rollover or they're on a retention plan
Lapdog

Oct 10, 2007, 9:32 PM
Cellfoneslinger said:
M - Do you love the part where they take away all the minutes that you used last month?

WTF?
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 10, 2007, 9:55 PM
You know that I meant to say didn't use last month. Geez, throw me a effing bone here Lapdog.
Lapdog

Oct 10, 2007, 10:27 PM
I only know what you say...by the word you use...
ihateeverything

Oct 11, 2007, 5:07 PM
Dude is that a gay pride pentagram?
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 5:04 PM
Do you love the part where roll-over means they're on the wrong plan and should be on something lower and saving money? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
OfAMightDivine

Oct 11, 2007, 5:07 PM
burgundy said:
Do you love the part where roll-over means they're on the wrong plan and should be on something lower and saving money?

The best part about that is the basic plans that VZW offers (not the Select or Premium) are basically the exact same as AT&T.
vzman23

Oct 15, 2007, 10:01 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
burgundy said:
Do you love the part where roll-over means they're on the wrong plan and should be on something lower and saving money?

The best part about that is the basic plans that VZW offers (not the Select or Premium) are basically the exact same as AT&T.

The basic plans that everyone offers are nearly identical.
Blumpelstiltskin

Oct 11, 2007, 5:10 PM
So then in you'd rather see your customers go over on their minutes than save them?

Or are you saying that you've never had a customer go over their minutes?
ihateeverything

Oct 11, 2007, 5:09 PM
Did you mention the outrageous pricing at&t has on boltons? Perhaps the crappy reception or the fact that the minutes don't last forever. Oh right I forgot at&t is just so perfect. 😛
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 5:17 PM
I don't work for either carrier, and ofcourse I've had customers go over minutes. But... if they're constantly rolling over minutes it means they're on the wrong rateplan and PROBABLY won't ever need to tap into the minutes that they have rolled over; therefore, they should be on a lower rate plan and saving money. 😁
Blumpelstiltskin

Oct 11, 2007, 5:28 PM
so if your customer uses 100 minutes a month, you have a $10 plan for that?
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 5:37 PM
No, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If my customer uses 550 minutes a month and they're on a 1000 minute plan and were rolling over 450 minutes every month, they shouldn't be on that 1000 minute plan. They should be on a 600 minute plan that is $10 cheaper than the 1000 minute plan. Makes sense if you use your head and think. 😉
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 11, 2007, 7:15 PM
So what you're saying is that a customer should change their plan for every months so that they can save money? Like holidays and plan emergencies where they know they are going to use their peek time minutes more? Wow! Amazing! Why didn't I think of that? 🙄

How brain washed are you? 😳
mooiscoow

Oct 11, 2007, 7:20 PM
Rollover is really good. People use their phone more different times of year. I got a lot of family who comes down for the holidays, so they are always calling me for directions and stuff. I also use my phone more when I am out of school rather when I am in school full time. So I got rollover minutes to catch me when I go over.
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 11, 2007, 8:21 PM
Actually no, it works well for most people. I run into far more times that people have been saved from horric bills because they rollover a couple hundred minutes a month then times I see people that never go over their minutes. I do understand your jealousy becuase no other carriers have nething for us to be jealous about. Free 7-7? Yippie!!
Blumpelstiltskin

Oct 11, 2007, 5:37 PM
A lot of people tap into their rollover minutes - and I ALWAYS tell them they should be on the best plan for them. But when you look at their average minute usage - you're looking at an average sometimes they go over. We're not telling customers to take out plans higher than what they need, we're just giving them a security blanket - and you wouldn't believe how defensive people get over their rollovers.
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 5:38 PM
I understand that concept, sometimes people go over, but if they're consistantly rolling minutes over they're on a rate plan that's too high. Works the same the other way, if they somehow tap into roll over minutes every month they should be on a higher rate plan.
phatbasstard

Oct 11, 2007, 5:40 PM
I think blumpelstiltskin still sleeps with his security blanket
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 5:41 PM
LOL 😲 🤣
klazziic

Oct 11, 2007, 7:06 PM
wtf ... you guy dont make sence ... see there is a 900 minute plan and a 450 .... cingular cant make a 550 and a 600 and 650 and a 700 and a 750 and a 800 and a 850 ... wtf??... duh... only cause you think that customer should not be in a higher rate plan .... is one or the other ..... and if they are there is cause they want to
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 7:17 PM
if you would have read what i wrote earlier you'd know that i don't work for either company, AND i was using an analogy!!!

stoop 🤣
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 11, 2007, 8:26 PM
stoop? Like a low stoop? Like a low level of intelligence not knowing your competitors rate plans? Stoop? I don't get it. 🤣
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 11, 2007, 7:20 PM
😳 I like paying 45 cents a min cus I occasionally go over 20 minutes, like every 3 months are so, oh and I'm going to fail to mention that I only use 180 minutes on the other two months. 🙄

Wow, I can't believe how hard this is for people to comprehend.

Just so you know I work for Verizon and use that line too: "but why would you need roll over, than you are paying too much a month and at&t clearly didn't try to figure out your needs and what plan would be best for you."
Who it amazes me at how many people this actually makes sense to. 🙄
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 7:24 PM
AGAIN.... if you would have read what I said earlier. It is not good for people who CONSISTANTLY roll minutes over.

It amazes me how many people don't read everything and jump into a convorsation thinking they know what they're talking about. I also said that I agree it is a benefit in some situations. How hard is that to comprehend? Holy ti*tifuc*ingchri*t!!!
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 11, 2007, 7:35 PM
I did read what you said, wow don't get your panties in a bunch, and I was just adding my two cents, as where you........ I think you might have some insecurity issues that you might want to look into. Do you not want people to express their opinions on here or something, I'm confused? Do you know where you are right now?
burgundy

Oct 11, 2007, 7:38 PM
lol, no, I'm stumbling around this store wishing I wasn't here!!!

That was a tough reaction, my bad... 👀
3LeggedDinosaur

Oct 11, 2007, 8:07 PM
😁 It's all good just curious why you let the anger out here, didn't anyone tell you you are allowed to hit 3 customers a year without consequence, just make sure you raise the "If you don't leave now I'm going to punch you in the face" flag first, than you're in the clear. I always save one punch for the apple that's going to run into my store as I'm closing my door on x-mas eve, I actually put the flag out in front of the door 5 minutes before close. 😁

Holly run on sentence Batman, sorry 🤭
Blumpelstiltskin

Oct 12, 2007, 9:36 AM
3LeggedDinosaur said:

Holly run on sentence Batman, sorry 🤭

deck the halls.

You know... everytime one if my customers mentions a competitor I sit there and bash them. I tell them that we're the only carrier on the planet that blahlbalahblah... and then if they dare mention said carrier again, I punch them in the throat and tell them to please leave my establishment (I have to say please, I don't want to be rude)
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 11, 2007, 8:42 PM
God your dumb, its only bad if people are always rolling over minutes and NEVER go over!!! Its not bad for everyone!!!

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I was jk
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 11, 2007, 8:41 PM
If I was selling anything else I would use the same line I would use if I was selling anyone else but I wouldn't belive it myself.

Just like I tell customers our aircards are the fastest because of 3g when I damn well sprints are faster. Yet I would never admit that to my sprint selling friends.
Blumpelstiltskin

Oct 12, 2007, 9:37 AM
I think phatbasstard watches me sleep 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.