Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

pretend to be manager

iamverybored2

Oct 8, 2007, 7:35 PM
the manager usually doesnt come to my store so me and my co-workers pretty much run the store day to day.
when there is an angry customer asking for a manager i usually say i am, does any one else do this or do they call their managers?
Jennyboo

Oct 8, 2007, 7:47 PM
I usually tell them I'm the manager on duty and if that's not good enough for them they tell me to call the "actual manager"

But with most situations that seems sufficient
mallbound

Oct 8, 2007, 8:22 PM
Too bad our name tags have our position name on them...
Jennyboo

Oct 8, 2007, 8:31 PM
Ours do too but I've been around long enough where I know what my manager would say and/or do so I usually don't have a problem.
mallbound

Oct 8, 2007, 8:36 PM
Up till about 2 weeks ago I was the manager, lol. So I totally know what he would say. But the 'mod' works if need be.

I've just gotten lip before when i said I was the manger and the nametag said 'Retail Solutions Consultant'. I then had to explain what 'mod' was and how I wasn't going to call the manager anyways.
Jennyboo

Oct 8, 2007, 8:39 PM
It does piss me off sometimes though when they do start hootin and hollerin because I'm not the manager and they want to talk to him. Because he says the same thing I do.....and I've worked for the company longer than he has dammit lol.
iamverybored2

Oct 8, 2007, 8:40 PM
if the situation deserves manager attention ill call, but if its some tool who wants to return an accesory even though i told him we cant return it, ill say im the manager and tell him my answer is final and there is no one else he can talk to
nization

Oct 8, 2007, 8:48 PM
I just became manager so my word goes now 😎 But I wish I would have said that I was before. It makes things simpler. Although my old manager sometimes pretends one of the sales reps is manager because it amuses him. lol
Guy Montag

Oct 8, 2007, 10:00 PM
Lol, speaking of which, I was called a manager today. It made me laugh.
Lapdog

Oct 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
I manage to get dressed and get to work on time. Does that make me a manager?
Guy Montag

Oct 9, 2007, 9:28 PM
You're a dad of four girls. You're more and an accessorie than a manager.
yodude

Oct 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
Sadly, my manager knows EVERYONE that comes into the store. He is like a magnet for making contacts and what not. So I can't say that. I wish I could.... It's like the blind leading the blind when it comes to him training people.... I know more than him...
Hombre07

Oct 9, 2007, 10:43 AM
My manager is the kind of insecure person who would fire you because you were trying to take her job by saying that.
ajstrong

Oct 9, 2007, 12:19 PM
I'm a sales rep, nothing more. I pass things off as much as I can. 😁 It doesn't matter to me how much the customer is pissed, they either calm down, or get the manager's phone number. I work by myself 90% of the time, so I could, but I don't.
M15TER P1NK

Oct 9, 2007, 12:57 PM
Im my stores lead 1 (assistant manager w/o salary hopefully now that forsee is gone they will reinstate the ASM position) so when a custy starts asking for the manager i just go get him when they say well you arent the "real" manager... and try not to laugh when he tells the custy the same thing i just told them word for word... making sure to say "as the manager on duity here stated..." before just about every point.
Nikoletta

Oct 9, 2007, 9:08 PM
My supervisor tells me to pretend I'm the manager because he doesn't want to deal with the screamers. So I get to pretend to be the manager (i.e Wizard) way more than I actually want to. Apparently he thinks I know what the heck I'm talking about / doing (boy is he confused!) 😉
Sprintkitty

Oct 9, 2007, 9:22 PM
Yeah...see, that's not fun. He's the one getting paid to deal with the screamers. 😉
Nikoletta

Oct 9, 2007, 9:58 PM
Well see he says "You go pretend to be me" and I get to spend most of the day wandering around in the dept answering questions for the REALLY new reps. A lot of our newest people were never in sales, got sent to this dept right out of training and don't know sales policy (sometimes at all) and he's known me since I started here and since I came in from sales with a stop in accessories along the way I am pretty good with that stuff, so I can help the agents who are struggling. The side effect, I guess the price for not taking calls, is that when the occasional sup call crops up it gets passed to me instead of him or the coach cue. Mostly it's worth the price and it can be fun to play the supervisor game... it feels a lot like playing chess...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.