Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

But why can't I get that phone? Funny, kinda long.

yodude

Oct 8, 2007, 3:28 PM
So I just had this girl come into my kiosk looking for a charger for her Nokia phone. All we have is car chargers and she just wanted a home one. So then she starts looking at the phones and is like, wow it's cheaper just to get a new phone. Let me get that new Nokia 6133. I explained to her that was the price for brand new customers, if she was eligible for an upgrade it would be $60. Or 230 bucks for a new one. I thought she understood that... then I showed her she could get a prepaid phone for $40 and didn't have to sign a contract or pay full price. She said she would rather pay the 29.87 (new customer price, again) for the 5300. I told her it was only that for new customers. She is totally confused. "But I just got this phone in March, ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Oct 8, 2007, 3:49 PM
awww, don't tell me you're committing prepaid fraud too. This s**t is rampant!
foxiangel5

Oct 8, 2007, 5:15 PM
whats prepaid fraud?
phonemechanic

Oct 8, 2007, 5:16 PM
Telling a customer to go buy a prepaid phone since you can get discounts on them and then just switch the sim card or do an esn change
foxiangel5

Oct 8, 2007, 5:20 PM
ohhhh!! i never thought about that! but wait, verizon has a .99 a day access fee for pre pay so how would that work??
poweredup

Oct 8, 2007, 5:29 PM
if it was a pre-paid sim card, technically you have your post-paid card in it, soooo its now a contract phone
ralph_on_me

Oct 8, 2007, 5:35 PM
Yep, it's a big no no because of the losses incurred by it, and there are a lot of sales monkeys that do it.
yodude

Oct 10, 2007, 11:05 AM
I won't activate the pre paid phone. I sell them the phone, they don't get the extra $10 in free minutes, the phone they just bought is now under their nearly 2 year contract and nothing has changed but the model of phone. If it was fraud, then why are we being encouraged to help out the customer by doing it? Show me a law for it and I will stop.
Jennyboo

Oct 8, 2007, 5:59 PM
Verizon doesn't have sim cards so it probably can't even be done....you wouldn't think right?
phonemechanic

Oct 8, 2007, 6:12 PM
It used to work but doesn't anymore. What people used to do was just buy a prepay phone and not buy any minutes for it. Never activate it under prepay and just put it right on their postpay account. Now there's a block on all prepay esn's. They have to be on an active prepaid plan for at least 6 months before that phone can go on a post pay account
rxymsft

Oct 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
some people shouldn't be allowed cell phones. i get people calling in all the time who don't know how to remove the battery. some people don't even know what a SIM card is!?! clearly, this girl is a genius.
yodude

Oct 10, 2007, 11:35 AM
Her dad was a genius too. He understood even less. Then he asked me when I was due and I told him beginning of December. Then he asked if I was having twins!!!!! 👿 I have only gained 8 pounds and for almost 8 months along I look pretty d@mn good, thanks.
averagewhiteboy

Oct 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
Wait, so if she was looking for a charger and didn't know the phone runs on a battery just what the hell did she think she was charging?!?!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.