Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

"I lowered my plan last month to save money..."

skippyvan

Oct 3, 2007, 8:34 PM
"so why is my bill even higher now?"

Becasue d-bag now you have 700 minutes to share with your five line family share plan and you normally use 3500 minutes.

This took me 45 minutes to "splain" (explain to you and me). WTF is with people today?
M15TER P1NK

Oct 4, 2007, 9:59 AM
i dunno... im having some seriously retarded custys floating through this morning too... and i havent had my coffee yet...

first custy is an old lady upgrading her old ass phone to a newer one because telesales told her shed get a free one... of course now im the one explaining how/when to charge her phone... how to put people in her contacts list... and oh yeah... HOW TO MAKE A BLOODY PHONECALL

custy two is upset that her phone gets "the worst reception" and she has a sanyo... so i know its not a model defect because sanyo doesnt make a bad phone... so i test the phone to see what shes talking about and i dont notice anything out of the ordinary... but she claims that its not "Crystal clear" well no $hit lady... that handheld device y...
(continues)
Sprintkitty

Oct 4, 2007, 10:19 AM
The real fun begins when they try to get clever.

c- "Well, I'll just start a new line of service and cancel my old one, then I get the cheaper price of the phone."

m- "That's fine with me, sir/madam, but don't forget the lovely $200 cancellation fee you'll be hit with."
WhoDey

Oct 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
But you could switch to a share plan, not raise your bill by much at all, and then add the new line, thereby getting a discount off of the new phone.

Which phone would you like?

What.. do you not use this for new lines?!
Sprintkitty

Oct 4, 2007, 10:58 AM
...y'know what? I've never even thought of that, but now I'm gonna use the hell out of it.

I'm a newbie to the phone sales business, so I'm still learning the tricks. Thanks for the advice. ;)
WhoDey

Oct 4, 2007, 11:01 AM
no problem

MAKE SURE YOU EXPLAIN IT PROPERLY THOUGH!
It really helps too if the customer is going over their plan minutes.. makes it easier to accept the increased MRC
Sprintkitty

Oct 4, 2007, 11:09 AM
WhoDey said:
no problem

MAKE SURE YOU EXPLAIN IT PROPERLY THOUGH!
It really helps too if the customer is going over their plan minutes.. makes it easier to accept the increased MRC

No worries about explaining it properly; I have a tendency to overexplain. Takes time, but the customers tend to appreciate it.

Y'know, that'd also result in a higher account spending limit in the event that they have one...hrm.

Good thought. Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚
mooiscoow

Oct 4, 2007, 1:48 PM
they have to put the phone on that account to get a rebate with some!
mallbound

Oct 4, 2007, 5:50 PM
Account always, but the new phone has to go on the new MDN usually too!
phonemechanic

Oct 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
And this doesn't seem The-Mobile-Pollutionesque to you? ๐Ÿคจ

It almost never pays the customer in the long run to do this for discounts on new equipment.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.