Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

sprint ESN hotline

ajstrong

Sep 28, 2007, 1:01 PM
Posted this in Sprint's forum, wanted the opinions of my peeps here.

so, I wanna purchase an a920 for my wife, through a new act. that I did from Sprint to VZ 😎 and I wanna make SURE prior to buying it that the ESN won't be hotlined.

The customers did not port their numbers in, but did cancel their Sprint account. The local sprint store I called informed me that there was no way that the ESN could be hotlined if the customer initiated the cancellation of the service, even if the final bill was not paid up after the fact.

I don't wanna drop $$ on this phone if I would be screwed by doing so. it's for my wife, and she would love the capabilities of that phone; I just want to be SURE that the phone will not be turned off in a ...
(continues)
ShackViperElite

Sep 28, 2007, 2:54 PM
How much are you planning on paying for the phone? If it's above $100 try going to your local Radio Shack and seeing if there's any 920 Refurbs left in their area that they could get. Current price on a 920 Ref is $99 outright. It's free + $30 gift card for accessories with activation.
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 10:45 AM
Wait. So you're trying to activate a samsung 920 that has been cancelled on Sprint and then reactivate it on VZ?
Lapdog

Sep 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
No(for the most, I know there are rare exceptions) Sprint phone will work on VZW Network..

that's basic stuff...
ajstrong

Sep 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
but, but, but....... 😁
ajstrong

Sep 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
yes......

or you could reread the post, and answer your own question
M15TER P1NK

Sep 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
1. sprint phones wont work on vzw... unless you know someone in the department that handles inputing ESNs into our database... in which case itll work... for about a week until the system realizes the esn is a non sprint device...

2. shop talk is for employees... gtfo...

3. i need more caffine if im expected to continue at the pace these custys are coming at me...

that last one was just for informations sake.
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 1:01 PM
Because I know they are both on the CDMA network BUT I was also under the same "impression" 😁
ajstrong

Sep 29, 2007, 2:23 PM
sprint subscriber, VZ employee.
Willwise

Sep 29, 2007, 2:45 PM
If there is any balance on the esn it will not activate. The balance must be paid no matter how it got canceled
ajstrong

Sep 29, 2007, 2:56 PM
so I've heard; thanks for the confirmation.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.