Stupid People and Bill Payment Machines

DJ Parkay

Sep 26, 2007, 6:18 PM
Me: "If you don't want to wait in line you can use the bill payment machine?"

Cust: "Well I have two lines."

Me: "And how will that prevent you from using the machine?"
DJ Parkay

Sep 26, 2007, 6:56 PM
Holy **** I just got one more. Some ugly, I mean killer clowns from outer space ugly, didnt understand that even though there are 2 lines on one account you cant put a payment toward just one line. Stoopid mofos.
Tmo Slave

Sep 27, 2007, 4:26 PM
Did he wrap you in a cotton candy cocoon?
cilvzwagent

Sep 27, 2007, 1:41 PM
Got a question for ya? In the corp world with the bill payment machines... If a customer enters the wrong number, what do you do??

Had a guy a couple weeks ago who sent his wife in here to pay his bill. We use DataScape, so all payments are posted by the mobile number, not by account number. When asked the number this payment was to be posted to she rattled one off. 3 hours later her husband calls, ripping me apart because his wife gave my part timer his work cell phone number instead of his aircard number, and now he has to pay his Aircard, and his employer got his $156 worth of a payment for his wife's mistake. Now he's threatening law suit, because we can't reverse a payment in datascape once it's applied. And his wife signed of...
(continues)
krickt

Sep 27, 2007, 2:18 PM
We can reverse charges, but only in the same day that the mistake was made. You are covered, wife screwed up, you did what you were told.

BTW, I don't think that DJ can answer you anymore.
PhoneyName

Sep 27, 2007, 6:02 PM
Anyone know what he did? Just curious... 🤣
krickt

Sep 28, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'm not entirely sure, but I am in the habit of reporting his more violent TOU violations, especially when they are directed at me.

Maybe the mods had enough.
biscuit

Sep 27, 2007, 4:49 PM
We had a similar situation. A co-worker of mine accidentally changed one number in a customers phone number and applied his $80 bill to someone else. None of us noticed that it went to the wrong place until the next month when his bill was not correct. He brought in the receipt that we gave him for it and we saw that the number was wrong. I looked through our Datascape info and found an email to send the correct information to and someone at Datascape fixed it pretty quickly. It was a while ago, but I think it was within the day.

Have you tried to do that? Just to save your from having to deal with the Kings of A-holes?
colione112

Sep 27, 2007, 7:55 PM
In our store (we use opus/care on our pay station), if a cust enters the wrong info and we catch it the same day we can call cust serv and get the payment transferred to the correct account. Usually not a big deal for us (not that it happens often).
colione112

Sep 27, 2007, 7:51 PM
How about the people that throw fits because "they don't know how to use it"?

Well if you never try, you'll never know will you? I mean if your that scared of a little (outdated) computer, then you really shouldn't own a cell phone should you?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.