Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

AT&T Cor and Agent Opinions

goodbyejack

Sep 26, 2007, 3:01 PM
Ok, I am going to sum this customers problem, and I would like for AT&T cor employess and AT&T agent employees to ring in on your thoughts/opinions . . .

Customer went into agent AT&T store, wanted to do an upgrade but wasnt eligible. They sold her a black V3 at full retail. Customer was given a receipt that CLEARLY stated a 7 day return policy.

After customer left agent, called customer service and found out she was eligible for early upgrade at COR store. Was instructed to go back to agent store and return phone. Went there, and rep would not return the equipement stating that they have a NO RETURN policy on equipment that was purchased at Full retail. However, her receipt CLEARLY states "Return within 7 days for full refund."

T...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 26, 2007, 3:05 PM
...but...give her the money back! Nothing was stated, signed or agreed to as far as a no return on full retail equipment. They're prolly just upset that they have been shown up and lost a commission, so still want to make their dime. Granted, most reps don't get paid anything anyways on a full retail purchase. The agent she went to should have called in to verify and be sure there was no other options.. That's what I would have done 😎
goodbyejack

Sep 26, 2007, 3:10 PM
See I agree. They told her she had 1.5 years left on her contract, and she only has 2 months left. The agent says that there is a sign in their store stating this policy about full retail price. I went into this store in non work clothes, and the sign is in the back of the store and halfway covered by a phone display. I find it hard to believe that she walked the customer all the way to the back of the sales floor and pointed out this impossible to see sign. I was looking for it and bearly saw it. Im not slamming agents, I just dont agree with how this customer is being treated.
timslo

Sep 26, 2007, 3:07 PM
The receipt says it, so it should be honored. I don't put anything past anybody these days so this kind of thing really doesn't surprise me.

Personally, I would have refunded it immediately without issue and started to complete the upgrade. What was the reps problem? Definitely not the way to stay in business.
goodbyejack

Sep 26, 2007, 3:12 PM
Well, since it was purchased at a agent, we cant refund her money. But this issue is going FAR up the chain of command, and if they wont help her, Im thinking a credit to her account might be in the works. I hope so, she has been with the company since it was Bellsouth Mobility and has never had a late payment.
timslo

Sep 26, 2007, 3:20 PM
I meant the agent should refund it and I would hope AT&T would give credit if the agent doesn't honor the refund.
ralph_on_me

Sep 26, 2007, 5:46 PM
The V3 isn't a new phone. Perhaps it was a very old, yet unsold phone they had in inventory and sold the customer for a lower price advising they wouldn't be able to do a return? ATT wont let us return devices that are over 90 days old, no matter how short of a time the customer had it. Then they're stuck with a very old, and used phone.

If ATT would fix the upgrade system, they wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.
chainsaw

Sep 26, 2007, 5:40 PM
There is a big mess right now involving upgrade eligibility. The customer can be out of contract yet in the system agents use, they can't comlpete an equipment upgrade. The is leads to the customer calling care and either processing the upgrade over the phone or care directing them to a COR store so they can over ride it. The other issue we face is that we are told if we can't process it through our POS system, our company won't get paid. It is a bunch of hogwash.
timslo

Sep 26, 2007, 8:04 PM
So if they are not eligible in our system, then what can we do? I understand this because I am in the same situation. I have tried to upgrade these customers only to have to send them to a COR store. But for this agent to not refund the money for this customer to just go to the COR store and complete the upgrade there, is really hogwash.

If the return was within a couple days, you could easily turn around and sell the returned phone or return it to your vendor and receive full credit. Now if it's after your vendor's return policy, that is not something you should pass on to the customer unless you explain to them that they cannot return it. In this situation, the customer was not fully informed.
chainsaw

Sep 27, 2007, 11:10 AM
I know, I wasn't commenting on that part. Just how upgrades are a quagmire right now.
UOQuack

Sep 26, 2007, 3:49 PM
The question I would have before approving any return (as an agent area manager) is this: is the box intact, and are all components--charger, manual, etc--present and in like new condition. If so, and the phone isnt damaged, there's no reason the customer shouldn't get their money back.
goodbyejack

Sep 26, 2007, 3:51 PM
When she purchased the phone, the rep put the new sim card in it then put it back in the box (the phone is for her son) She didnt have the phone for more than 2 hours. Never even turned it on or opened the box after leaving the store. No reason they shouldnt take it back, but they are refusing.
ihateeverything

Sep 27, 2007, 2:59 PM
A) How is 2 hours equivalent to 7 days? B) What kind of return policy is 7 days? I'm surprised you guys get any business. :F
marenda

Sep 26, 2007, 3:51 PM
well our receipts say that you can not return or any equipment bought at retail price. so, really it just depends.
chainsaw

Sep 26, 2007, 5:37 PM
What a crappy agent. I work for an agent and we offer a 30 day return policy on equipment for activations or purchases at full retail. They should go out of business.
ima_gn0me

Sep 27, 2007, 9:31 AM
First off, if Customer Care approves them for an early UPG, then ATT should allow the Agent location to UPG the customer. That way, the customer gets the discount but the Agent doesn't loose the sale.

The Agent is frustrated that they are loosing, yet, another sale to COR.

For a COR representative to assume they know the Agents policy or agreement with ATT Corporate is silly. They really have no idea.

Yes, I work for an Agent and it's actually one of ATT's largest agents. BUT, I also have worked for COR. So I know COR's rules and AGENTS have a completely different structure.
BigShowJB

Sep 27, 2007, 10:12 AM
she'll be able to get the full refund if she takes it to a lawyer or small claims court. a reciept is a form of proof of a contract.

reciept says full refund? she's owed a full refund less any restocking fees or other conditions that are printed on the receipt as long as she tried to get the refund within the stated 7 days.
krickt

Sep 27, 2007, 11:25 AM
Of topic, however, DJ's been banned, I believe.
BigShowJB

Sep 27, 2007, 6:34 PM
really? wow ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ what will i do now if i ever get that not-so-fresh feeling??? 😁 😁

maybe i'll just call on ray's current incarnation đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
SLRMcLaren

Sep 27, 2007, 6:41 PM
Or you could take a shower 😁
BigShowJB

Sep 29, 2007, 9:15 AM
wanna help?
Guy Montag

Sep 27, 2007, 7:02 PM
But, I think it is wrong to not allow an returns on a device. However, a full refund is a little rediculous as well. Many other industries charge a 20% restocking fee for devices but my location only charges a flat $25. Some things to concider would be condition of the phone, and were all the components in the box. I would charge for each missing item.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.