Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

you're not getting a free sim card!!! [rant]

marenda

Sep 13, 2007, 4:34 PM
so this guy comes in, telling me that his sim card is "burnt up".

he'd called customer service & they told him (in his words) "they were supposed to text message this store telling you to give me one"

well, i go to look up his account, ask him for the number & the last four of his social. he tells me it's prepaid.. "okay, i need the zip code" well, the zip code he gives me is incorrect. i try telling him i have to have that information in order to see the account notes.

I point out to him that i can not GIVE him a sim card. "this is an agent store, it will be $27.25"

he goes on about the representative telling him that they were going to text message me telling me to give him a free sim card.
you're not getting it free, CS is no...
(continues)
acthrellis

Sep 13, 2007, 4:48 PM
i get the same thing every day. multiple times a day. the closest corp store is 30 minutes away, so people get REAL pissed about stuff that we as an agent can't do.. sometimes i just tell them that they should go ahead and buy the sim card, then call cs to get them to credit it back, and usually I don't see them after that.
marenda

Sep 13, 2007, 5:18 PM
yeh no kidding. our closest corperate store is an hour & fifteen away.

and for some reason CS likes to tell them that we're a cor store. 😡

haha headaches for me!
WhoDey

Sep 13, 2007, 10:05 PM
lol.. we are a corporate store (Nextel) and we DONT sell sim cards.

Some agents do though..lol
nuckingfuts

Sep 14, 2007, 8:16 AM
Why dont you just give them the card? After all, when they are reasy to add a line or upgrade wouldnt you rather they come back to you?
marenda

Sep 14, 2007, 10:23 AM
because we're not allowed to give away sim cards. our company has to buy them, why would we lose money because some kid forgot the code he put on his phone & entered it too many times & locked the sim up?!?

& like i said, it was prepaid, he's not worth much to me.
TmoBrett

Sep 13, 2007, 5:14 PM
haha you must be a huge jerk because EVERYTHING IS FREE and pre paid does not involve paying for anything, jeez!
marenda

Sep 13, 2007, 5:19 PM
MAN, what was i thinking?

i guess ... OH WAIT, i don't make much money off prepaid! thaaaaat's it. hhah 👿
ihateeverything

Sep 13, 2007, 5:43 PM
Maybe the sarcasm is lost on me but sim cards from prepaids dont work with non prepaid phones.
expectpwnage

Sep 13, 2007, 5:44 PM
hate to inform you but yeah they do.
ihateeverything

Sep 13, 2007, 5:46 PM
My manager 5 minutes ago informed they dont. ?>
Guy Montag

Sep 13, 2007, 5:48 PM
Prepaid sims from gas stations wont but the ones you carry in your store will. If you don't order phones prepaid in box then they are all the same sims anyways!
ihateeverything

Sep 13, 2007, 6:44 PM
Yeah we just got the prepackaged prepaid ones you cant open till theyre being activated. Which won't work with a non prepaid phone. Well then, I'm glad we got that cleared up.
Guy Montag

Sep 13, 2007, 8:08 PM
No, they will work with a non prepaid phone. Just sell them a phone outright and put their active sim in it. Any ATT phone will work with a prepaid sim and vice versa. I think the confusion here is that ATT discourages use of Prepaid phones on 2 year contracts to replace out of warranty broken phones. Our simcards are interchangeable as long as they say the company name on them. The ones that will not work are white with no logo.
expectpwnage

Sep 13, 2007, 5:49 PM
he's an idiot.
marenda

Sep 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
maybe he shouldn't be a manager 🤨
marenda

Sep 14, 2007, 10:24 AM
i think i know how to do my job, thanks. 🤨
krickt

Sep 13, 2007, 5:20 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday. Custie from far away (about 3 hours) lost his prepaid phone. Told me he wanted to buy a new one. So I sold him one, and activated it. Then he comes back in an hour later and tells me that the store in (town two hours away) is going to call me today or tomorrow and order me to give him his money back. He says that they said we should never have sold him a phone, since he was entitled to a free one. He says that he will be back tomorrow for his money back and a free phone.

There is no way (outside of a corporate line which he didn't have) to get a free prepaid phone. There is no way for another store to "order" me to do anything. I'm an agent, and even my AAE can't make me do anything ...
(continues)
marenda

Sep 13, 2007, 5:25 PM
hahaha i'm tired of reeeeeeetards. like the one that just walked in my store ugggh!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.