Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Customers Child Autistic . . .

goodbyejack

Sep 13, 2007, 8:47 AM
Ok, so a customer came into the store and was interested in buying an iphone. The "mom" has a 10 year old daughter with her that has autisim. And little girl kept grabbing the mom's uh . . boob. Like taking her whole hand and squeezing it, and the mom would slap her hand and continue talking like nothing happened. And she did it like 40 times while I am showing her the phone and trying to convince her to switch carriers.

So - I was paranoid that the little girl was going to reach over and give me a honk. So I kept trying to keep a good 3 foot distance from her. I have to say, I have never been more UNCOMFORTABLE during a sale in my entire life. I feel weird everytime I walk near the iphone display.

๐Ÿ‘€ SHUTTER ๐Ÿ‘€
Blumpelstiltskin

Sep 13, 2007, 9:06 AM
Autistic kids rock...

...no - seriously - they rock.
Lapdog

Sep 13, 2007, 9:54 AM
I have one that lives next door...I call him Rooster...

All summer long, every morning at 8 AM he's outside in his yard crowing like a bird...I kid you not.
d3ity

Sep 13, 2007, 10:10 AM
I think everyone feels wierd around an iphone display.

I think it's the steve jobs mind control system implanted in the thing.
goodbyejack

Sep 13, 2007, 10:12 AM
I agree with you, everytime I go near it, I just wanna stare at the big screen and obey all his commands. ๐Ÿ˜
Moruitelda

Sep 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
That's funny, I feel compelled to buy one, tear out the internals, and make a frankenphone with my VX9900, keeping the main circuitry of the iPhone, tearing out the GSM connection components, and slapping on the CDMA components from the VX9900.

A 3G Verizon iPhone? I'd hit it.

I think it's a bad thing that my stepfather is a highly regarded electrical engineer working in design at a RF company, it makes me think that this course of action would be easy to do with his help. ๐Ÿคฃ
d3ity

Sep 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
easy? nay. possible? yes. Have fun rewriting ALL the software for the backend of the phone to deal with CDMA hardware
BigShowJB

Sep 13, 2007, 11:21 AM
the iPhone by Qualcomm.... ๐Ÿคจ has a nice ring to it... ๐Ÿ˜
ima_gn0me

Sep 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
I know having a child with a disability is rough... but if the child is doing something to obviously make another person/ stranger uncomfortable then the parent should excuse themself as well as their child and either calm the child or come back at a better time.
chainsaw

Sep 13, 2007, 11:28 AM
I woulda grabbed her boob and blamed it on my autism too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.