Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

I will never understand...

cilvzwagent

Sep 12, 2007, 9:41 AM
Why you don't have the money to pay your $120 4 line family share plan phone bill, and have been disconnected for non-paymen of that amount. But you have the money to switch companies, buy all new phones, pay activation fee's, early termination fee's with us, and the new prorated bill amount of roughly $200+ for setting up new service in the middle of that companie's bill cycle. All because we "voided the contract" by shutting you off before your 2 years were up because you didn't pay?

I just don't understand. Please almighty customers! Explain to me, I WANT to understand!!! 🙄
arsimckhoi

Sep 12, 2007, 9:48 AM
did you try and explain that to them? I'd stay with you if you'd explain that to me... it's cheaper to ride out the contract people...
cilvzwagent

Sep 12, 2007, 9:50 AM
I always tell them that if they are looking to switch it is going to cost them more in the long run. Explain why it will, etc.. But after I told them this yesterday, these people they actually went across the street signed up, came back here today and paid me $40 to do the phonebook transfers because they didn't have it at the other store, and told me about how they switched, got these new phones, etc.... I just wanted to smack them.
arsimckhoi

Sep 12, 2007, 9:52 AM
and they will never pay the company they owe money too... people make stupid decisions everyday because they're mad... who'd they switch too?
BigShowJB

Sep 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
boost
cilvzwagent

Sep 12, 2007, 9:52 AM
Oh, and since all the plans have been re-done, I know for fact they're not getting 4 lines on a family share at Cingular for $120, including text, and insurance. They were on an older grandfathered plan, they had it made!
cilvzwagent

Sep 12, 2007, 9:53 AM
My bad......... AT&T not Cingular 😎
arsimckhoi

Sep 12, 2007, 10:03 AM
this just goes to show that we need to make getting a shank in the back legal... maybe part of the service agreement... call the company mafia mobile...

2yr agreement if you decide to cancel we stab you in the back... you live your free to go whereva' forgetaboutit
Moruitelda

Sep 12, 2007, 9:24 PM
How's this, immediately after I read this at work today, I had a customer come up looking to cancel 2 lines... ended up wanting 1 cancellation and 1 port...

Got talking to the customer, and it turned out they wanted to cancel because of 1 $9.99 premium SMS charge that appeared on their last bill.

"My boyfriend and I are the only ones that do this and neither of us text so why would we do this? Anyway, we're canceling because of this."

🙄
Guy Montag

Sep 12, 2007, 9:37 PM
You should have told them that if they port the number it will show up on the new carriers bill as well. A lot of those premium SMS services will reactivate with a phone number even if it has been dormant for months. Once started it will continue trying to bill that number till someone actually calls in to have it cancled.
death2dobson

Sep 13, 2007, 2:17 AM
You should also explain to them that even if they don't text, on most ringtone websites you go to from a pc as soon as you enter your cell number, you're subscribed and charged.
V4Vengeance

Sep 14, 2007, 8:12 PM
I'll never understand how people let their bills get above $300 every month - that's a car payment! There's often an easily identifiable culprit or two. The first time someone ran my bill up like that, they'd be on their own account faster than you can say "AOL." Or they'd get no phone, 'cause we don't live near a bus line.
Moruitelda

Sep 14, 2007, 11:51 PM
I was just thinking about this tonight, for when I have my own kids.

On my first cell bill, I ran up $60 in text messaging. Not huge by any stretch, based on what I see now, but when I was making $5.15/hr. and working 20 hours a week at a pizzeria, trying to pay for gas in a Ford Explorer, and trying to save up for college, it was horrifying. I learned quickly not to do things without a plan.

I decided today that my kids can get a phone (and a car) when they get a job. If they lose the job, it goes away until they get another. If they run up my bill or crash (and increase my insurance), they can pay the difference out of their income; if they refuse, the phone goes away until they pay me what they owe me.

I'm sick and tired of see...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.