Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

craziest thing you've talked about or done while helping a customer

arsimckhoi

Sep 6, 2007, 9:32 AM
If i have a lot to do for a customer instead of putting them on hold I'll offer them a song...

I usually sing...

phil collins (i can feel it callin' in the air at night, oh no)

or

strangers in the night by sinatra or someone

most of the words I don't know so I just make the words as i go along and put the customer's name in there...

My quality people crack up on me when I do that quality scores are usually like 90 something...

You guys do anything crazy like that?
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
THAT WAS YOU???????????????? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
arsimckhoi

Sep 6, 2007, 10:10 AM
yep ... i'm thinking about adding "$ex" by george michael what do you think?
mooiscoow

Sep 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
you can say sex.
arsimckhoi

Sep 6, 2007, 10:20 AM
it's dirty but oh so right... i like using dollar signs too... also i didn't know that thanks for sharing

sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex
mooiscoow

Sep 6, 2007, 10:24 AM
arsimckhoi said:
it's dirty but oh so right... i like using dollar signs too... also i didn't know that thanks for sharing

sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex

Since arsimckhoi tainted the word "sex" it shall now be banned!

Thanks a Lot!

๐Ÿคฃ
chkchkchk

Sep 6, 2007, 1:05 PM
Oh no you di-in't!

You used the 't' word!!
Nikoletta

Sep 6, 2007, 8:05 PM
I only started singing once. It wasn't on purpose. I was annoyed with the computer.

I started saying "We're not going to do this." Not from any specific song, just in a sing-song voice. The customer flipped and started saying I should sing professionally (hahahahaha, right, as soon as I get over my debilitating stage fright! I was the lights and sounds girl on High School NEVER on stage (not even for curtain call.))

Otherwise I yammer... talk about anything that's not worth anything... my dogs if I hear dogs in the background, my god-daughter if I hear kids in the background... school if they mention they're in college... whatever I can find that might be something they can relate to that ISN'T the weather (blah!)

My dogs are t...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2007, 4:56 PM
let me see your 'puppies'
Mr. Pickman

Sep 6, 2007, 9:04 PM
My old co-worker used to talk about cutting people with a knife if they tried to mess with him, saying he'd carve his initials in their forehead so they'd remember forever who they messed with.

Same guy would talk about how his kid hits him with baseball bats and crazy **** like that.

Yeah, he doesn't work with us anymore.

Craziest thing I've ever done is do an entire order at my counter impersonating a mix of Sean Connery, Arnold Schwartzeneggar, and Kermit the Frog. It was a family of fun tourists, and they had kids, so I had them laughing when they left.
Wireless Buddy

Sep 7, 2007, 2:54 PM
One time I pulled up at the drive through at Wendy's and order shrimp toast and a Coors light, then said that I wanted it "to-go." There was a silence for about 30 seconds then the guy was like Okay.... ๐Ÿคฃ
DJ Parkay

Sep 7, 2007, 3:30 PM
I fart all over them and talk to them about the last time I shi+ my pants. Its why I have brown undies.
ralph_on_me

Sep 7, 2007, 4:08 PM
Shortly after (at the time) Cingular bought out AT&T Wireless, I had an AT&T Wireless customer come into my store complaining. They talked about how plans were better on ATTW and phones were cheaper and service was better, and that they generally hated the way Cingular did anything. Everytime I would give them their options, they would say, "AT&T never did that."

Finally I said, "Well, welcome to Cingular Wireless."

They left the store and probably ported out.
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2007, 5:06 PM
I had a customer try to pick up my wife and I for a three or fourway over the upcoming weekend one time. my wife and i just looked at each other like ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜•

Us: Are you serious?
C: yes, you have my number and address, call me.
Me: ๐Ÿคค
wife: (at me) ๐Ÿ˜ก ... ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
me: ๐Ÿ˜ก , i'm sorry I don't think I could, and still maintain a professional relationship with my employer and other customers if we did.

C: hmm, bad, we could have had a good time.

C leaves, She was hot too. yes i said she... wife: nice save, smart choice. bye, your three loving children and i will see you at home.

M: ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข
alltels indirect monkey

Sep 7, 2007, 5:34 PM
I get cougars all the time. They drag the phone buying experience out as much as possible.

C: Could you tell me how to set up my voicemail.

M: Haven't you been with Alltel for the last six years?

C: Yes, but I really like the way you explain my phone.

๐Ÿคจ

Probably not the weirdest, but you know, cougars.
Daveyboy801

Sep 8, 2007, 11:12 AM
damn cougars, some are good though ๐Ÿ˜‰

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.