Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

LMAO!!

tequilasundae

Nov 26, 2004, 8:39 PM
Vandals Glue Store Locks on 'Black Friday'

2 hours, 12 minutes ago Strange News - AP

LAFAYETTE, La. - The busiest shopping day of the year turned out to be a sticky affair. Vandals apparently glued the locks on dozens of Lafayette's biggest retailers, preventing managers from opening up promptly on lucrative "Black Friday." Hundreds of shoppers, some of whom arrived before dawn, were forced to wait outside Barnes & Noble, Old Navy and other stores while managers summoned locksmiths.

At least 200 locks on dozens of businesses were glued, including main entrances, rear doors and employee entrances, locksmith Garan Wilson said. Wilson's first job at about 5 a.m. Friday was to make his way to the front door lock at Old Navy — by p...
(continues)
pizpiz80

Nov 26, 2004, 8:41 PM
That's freakin hilarious! 🤣
ShunAsa

Nov 30, 2004, 2:45 PM
Fa la la la la, la la la la......tis the season! SUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!11 😁
XPDX

Nov 27, 2004, 12:15 AM
i've always dreamed of doing that. good for them. hehehe 😈
Corpo Rat

Nov 27, 2004, 10:39 AM
I LIVE in Lafayette - they hit Best Buy too. I was much amused. Good thing I work on the other side of town.

Good for whoever took the initiative to do this. I hate Black Friday with a passion.
tequilasundae

Nov 27, 2004, 12:28 PM
what all stores did they get?? and why the hell didn't i think of it?? 🤣
Corpo Rat

Nov 27, 2004, 1:01 PM
tequilasundae said:
what all stores did they get?? and why the hell didn't i think of it?? 🤣

Best Buy, S&K Menswear, Barnes & Noble, Subway, about 30 stores in all, including a bunch inside a locked Mall of Acadiana. I have no idea how they pulled THAT off. Between 250-300 locks were hit, and they didn't hit any locally-owned businesses, just national retailers. Didn't hit a Verizon store in the same shopping center, I have no idea why.

This had to take a concerted effort to do that many locks. Plus, they didn't just gum up the front door - they got employee entrances, loading doors, the whole works.
tequilasundae

Nov 27, 2004, 1:41 PM
seems strange they hit s&k...as for the mall...had to be an inside job! wonder if it was security guards or something...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.