Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

cingular / at&t

burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 1:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed the large amount of customers that come in just to complain about how bad at&t is, and how their service has gotten worse since we became at&t instead of cingular, and how their coverage is worse?

I literally want to scream "WE ARE THE SAME COMPANY. THE SAME CALL CENTERS, AND THE SAME NETWORK." Just because your phone now SAYS at&t does not give you the right to automatically start thinking your service is worse.

.. end rant. haha
arsimckhoi

Sep 4, 2007, 1:46 PM
welcome to the hell that sprint went through with nextel! gwahahahaha! mergers suck
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 1:50 PM
noooooo! make it stop!
BigShowJB

Sep 5, 2007, 9:40 AM
no, now it's someone elses turn to join he suffering!!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
now i'm just waiting for Verizon to try to swallow up someone .. probably alltel is the best candidate...
cellb1tch

Sep 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
well, i'll be next to enjoy the suffering!!

thanks for the warning.

can't wait to see how much i'll be drinking then!!
krickt

Sep 5, 2007, 11:41 AM
It wasn't much of a merger, mostly a name change, really. SWB/ATT already owned at least 60% of Cingy, but by buying BellSouth, they got the rest of it and started letting everyone know that they are the new Evil Empire.

On a slightly different note....
Even ATT wants you to forget that they were SBC, their new commercials reference "other companies" that hook you on an introductory priceplan for your DSL, then switch to exhorbitant prices later. They want you to forget that they were the ones who started that practice, and probably the ones who did it to you in the first place.
acthrellis

Sep 4, 2007, 1:47 PM
yes. omigad yes.

i got B!tched at because they didn't like the blue logo. WTF!

i have at&t, and personally the only change i've seen (and whether or not it's relevent to the switch i'm not sure) is that the deposit amounts have gone up.

that and the stupid people have been coming out of the woodwork.

i've gotten to the point now where i just straight up tell people if they're wrong, what I think, and how much time they have left to leave my store. 🤣
burntbridges

hahaha.. and then you hear the shotgun **** in the background.. 😳
Daveyboy801

Oh buddy, All day long. I dunno what magic switch we must have hit once it became AT&T to make the service all of the sudden change. 🙄 Its ridiculous and its frustrates the p*ss out of me.
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 1:51 PM
I wouldnt wish it on anyone but man I am glad I'm not alone!
Daveyboy801

Sep 4, 2007, 1:53 PM
Ya, it's a daily occurrence. It's like one person comes up with the idea the service sucks since it switched, but its just cuz they have a sh*t phone, and they end up telling everyone its because of AT&T so everyone gets it in their subconscious that the service is bad. 👿 f-in idiots!
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 1:54 PM
I think it's a conspiracy... hahaha.. That's what you get for getting the FREE phoneeeee!
chainsaw

Sep 4, 2007, 1:59 PM
These people are dumb, I really have had very little issues with cingular in over 2 years in regards to service. Maybe if they would stop getting free samsungs their service wouldn't suck.
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 4:03 PM
Haha, amen to that!
arsimckhoi

Sep 4, 2007, 2:25 PM
at&t = sprint 5 years ago now because of the merger... you know how much $hit i get as a customer service rep... get ready for billing errors, poor customer service and people bitching about no signal in their house because of somebody's signature on a piece of paper... it's stupid and honestly i got no problem with either company, i pay my bill and have a landline... sorry for your future inconveniences....
chainsaw

Sep 4, 2007, 4:03 PM
Umm the merger that effected coverage was in 2004 and by effect I mean it got better. Billing errors are rare in my market. Customers think their bills are wrong until you teach them how to read english and do basic math. Nothing has changed on our end besides the name, now if a name change for sprint means all those problems then that is just too bad ☹️
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 4:06 PM
Yeah, I seriously think most consumers just see this as an opportunity to find something to complain about. Most of them were burned by the former at&t and I guess are having some sort of angry flashbacks or something, haha.. We'll make it through it!
ralph_on_me

Sep 4, 2007, 4:10 PM
What? At&t bought out at&t wireless long before Sprint merged with Nextel. At&t and at&t wireless were both the same technology, while Nextel was iDen and Sprint was CDMA. At&t bought out at&t wireless while Sprint and Nextel "merged". That's a completely retarded analogy. At&t is NOTHING like Sprextel.
arsimckhoi

Sep 5, 2007, 7:10 AM
let me explain my crap filled attitude....

about 5 years... I was totally wrong...you were right on 2004, time feels different when you hear arguements about minutes all day... Please don't send me a message saying something along the lines of "You don't know anything ignorant fool",

Point remains the same though whenever a company name changes everybody thinks everything else changes and in 05-06 for the most part sprint was only different in name with the sprint nextel tag and the companies were the same: seperate but sharing revenue... so name changes, people's phones stop working as well and suddenly everyone's evil, either way let's just say that customers who don't spend their off time on phonescoop are dense, ignorant and usele...
(continues)
SLRMcLaren

Sep 4, 2007, 4:09 PM
What people dont realize is that there was a problem with the Alpha Tag rebranding to at&t that caused a problem with the service. Most of them just need to upgrade their SIM card and they will be fine. It actually is a known issue... Though I'm certainly not making excuses for the customers - some of them just want another thing to complain about and this is convenient enough that they can blame ALL of their problems on it. Its just like with the dropped call commercials - people didnt realize how badly they dropped calls until we told them that we had the LEAST dropped calls of any carrier. Now they have ammunition to complain that they drop 10,000 calls per day!
ralph_on_me

Sep 4, 2007, 4:12 PM
Umm, doesn't the Alpha tag only affect what name is displayed on the customer's phone? Sure, there are bad SIM cards sometimes and they go out. I just wouldn't associate that with the Alpha tag.
burntbridges

Sep 4, 2007, 4:22 PM
I never heard about that issue.. good to know.
SLRMcLaren

Sep 4, 2007, 4:32 PM
Correct, thats what an Alpha Tag is. When pushing the information to the equipment to change the Alpha Tag, it has also caused alot of SIM cards to begin malfunctioning - mostly older SIMs but some newer ones as well.
Gemini

Sep 4, 2007, 4:27 PM
when AT&T became Cingular like, what, 3 years ago?

I wish the two would get their act together.
cody-craig

Sep 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
AT&T Wireless and Cingular merged and there were problems because it was two separate compaines with separate plans and technology combining. This time all that happned was the name changed from Cingular to AT&T.
Gemini

Sep 7, 2007, 7:38 AM
The fact is it still confuses the crap out of customers.
s_scott15

Sep 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
I hear it both ways:

"We have had Cingular for a while, but sence it switched to ATT the service sucks!"

---AND---

" We had the old ATT before it switched to Cingular. When that happened, the service was horrible! But now that it is ATT again, it works better than ever!"

😕 I dont get it!
cody-craig

Sep 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
...when customers lead with "Ever since you guys switched to AT&T my phone service is terrible" because I automatically know they're full of it. Most of the time I ask them how often they turn their phones off and they say proudly and defiantly "I NEVER turn my phone off!" at which point I power cycle their phone and send them on their way.
burntbridges

Sep 7, 2007, 12:04 PM
hahaha, i hear that phrase so much every day.. that's great..
DJ Parkay

Sep 7, 2007, 2:00 PM
HAA your company sucked before as it sucks now.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.