Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

stupid stupid

acthrellis

Sep 1, 2007, 11:55 AM
I'm hungry. And I'm also in the store alone. So I'm going to leave to go get some lunch, and bring it back and eat it, like I always do.

but as soon as i lock the door, Doofus walks up and:

doofus: where are you going?!

me: lunch. (i keep walking)

doofus: you can't do that! my phone won't work!

me: ...sir i've been trying to go to lunch for an hour, i'll be back in about 30 minutes at the most, please come back then.

doofus: d@mmit i said my phone won't work!

me: ..... (i get into my car)

doofus: (standing behind my car and beating on my trunk) I'm not moving until you fix my phone!

Me: (yelling out the window) I'm going to get lunch, and i'm going right now. if you're still standing behind my car when i ba...
(continues)
mooiscoow

Sep 1, 2007, 12:01 PM
Everyone thinks the problem is so big. The only reason I stop is if you called and I told you I will be there or if we are expecting to come pick up a phone from our other store.
M15TER P1NK

Sep 1, 2007, 4:46 PM
i had a reall handful of @$$es the other day... my host locks the door at 8... period...

@$$ hat the first...

...pulled up at 750 and proceeded to sit in their car on their phone for ten minutes ... so... she locks the door exactly at eight like she normally does and the person gets out of their car and pulls on the door (even though they just watched her lock it) and then proceeds to pound on it... so she explains through the glass that were closed and they argued that they were there before close and of course she said you werent inside or they wouldnt be having that convo through a plate of glass (i love my host)

@$$ hat the second...

right after the first one goes back to their car comes up and asks why the door is locked......
(continues)
d3ity

Sep 1, 2007, 12:34 PM
I'm in the same situation. I close the store and leave for lunch since I work alone.

However, i'm off the clock when I leave to get lunch. If someone so much as TOUCHED my car... they would be recieving a beating from the car's tire iron. I'm retardedly anal about my car. If someone had the balls to stand behind my car and bang on the hood, I would have flipped the **** out on them, and probably decked them at the least.
cingagent

Sep 1, 2007, 1:51 PM
😳 wow if some dude banged on my car as i was leaving because he phone didnt work, that would be it. Since I would be able to tell that the person really had a genuine problem with his phone, I would have gotten out of my car, offered to assist him with this phone, and once I had it in my hand thrown it across the parking lot and informed him that we are now even, and his phone wont have that problem anymore.
krickt

Sep 1, 2007, 2:15 PM
Should have called the cops, they need to learn you can't treat people like that.
Nikoletta

Sep 2, 2007, 1:28 PM
That's about what I was thinking, isn't that like assault? I know in our state if you stand in the way and won't let a person pass (I suppose if it's entering your property it's different... they're talking if you're treating it like a restraint.) it's considered assault and you can press charges.
M15TER P1NK

Sep 1, 2007, 4:30 PM
im pretty sure in texas you can shoot someone for that.
expectpwnage

Sep 1, 2007, 4:57 PM
I'm almost positive you could shoot someone in Texas for that.
sincere13

Sep 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
I'm in Texas and I would shoot someone for that.
3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm in Ohiotucky where you go to jail for shooting someone who points a gun at you first. And I would have shot his @$$ simply on principle. What a jerk 😡
BigShowJB

Sep 2, 2007, 2:01 PM
that law has recently been changed -- it only aplies if you play for the Cincinatti Bengals
3gee

Sep 2, 2007, 2:48 PM
Chris Henry and Odell Thurman are in a car, who's driving?.......

The cops! 😁
BigShowJB

Sep 2, 2007, 2:02 PM
In Texas, you can shoot someone because their farts stink,
nuckingfuts

Sep 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
if thet were true, I'd be dead from a gunshot wound...
kt8

Sep 13, 2007, 5:19 PM
Oh yeah we shoot people for that in Texas
UOQuack

Sep 3, 2007, 9:51 AM
Oh sweetie, didnt I teach you--never NEVER talk to a customer once you are out the door and off the clock. Just hold your phone to your ear and cruise on by them.
Moruitelda

Sep 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
God, I hate people who do that. Every single retail/food service establishment has this problem with anyone who has not worked in retail/food service within the past 5-10 years.

It was worse when I worked at a pizza place... our closing procedures and clean up took close to 1 hour after close, and we'd answer the phone during that time frame in case it was the owner: "Mark's Pizzeria." (compared to during open hours: "Thank you for calling Mark's Pizzeria, this is ____, may I start with your phone number please?")

I'll be damned if people wouldn't try anything to get an order in.

"Can I place an order?"
"I'm sorry, we have closed for the evening."
"What!? Seriously, let me order."
"No, we closed up 30 minutes ago, I'm sorry."
"...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.