Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I understand that you're frustrated...

Nikoletta

Aug 28, 2007, 11:04 PM
I understand that you're angry...

I understand that you want something done...

But that's no excuse for swearing at me! I really honestly don't care if it was directed at me personally or not, swearing on a call gets two warnings, I've given you two, one more and you're gone and darling, we're looking at a MINIMUM of 20 minutes to get back to my department. I would advise against another curse word.

On that note.

I can think of a number of choice words for the agent who placed this order. Most of them involve "Don't let the door hit you arse on the way out!"

I want to beat this person about the head and shoulders with a heavy hard object.

This abysmally stupid person promised the customer a package that was just too good...
(continues)
3LeggedDinosaur

Aug 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
😳 Wow if someone ever swears in front of me I tell them that that language is unacceptable and the door is over there. They usually get really pissed off after that and I simply pick up the phone and call the police.
V4Vengeance

Aug 31, 2007, 1:25 PM
I let the first profanity slide as a venting allowance, but after that the likelihood of getting anything extra from me is zero.

Some reps reward disrespectful, abrasive behavior with freebies because they get intimidated, so it's always a shock when the tantrum-thrower hear an unpersuaded party on the other end. To me, it's just a sign of bad upbringing to use that language on a total stranger who has nothing to do with their current predicament.

I once saw a woman go ballistic on a poor cashier in a crowded store when the register broke down. In front of her kids, she started screaming about not wanting to wait any longer (dressed in stained gray sweatpants - not sure what important engagements she needed to attend, lol). They ha...
(continues)
d3ity

Aug 31, 2007, 1:33 PM
You know, I really wish verizon would add something to eroes just for that situation.

I'd like to call this feature code: HOTLINE ASSHOLE.

Either way, it's so tempting to push the Hotline Fraud button on someone when they flip the hell out. I've never done it, and probably never will...

Anyway, If I was that cashier, I would have followed 3Legged's cue and instructed her where the door was and taken the next customer. I work in a store that gets fairly nuts around 5 PM every day, occasionally we've had a line out the door, and if I'm the only one working, the first curseword is grounds for me not helping you anymore. It's very simple.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.