all discussions

show all 10 replies

ALIEN CONTACT

kt8

Aug 24, 2007, 4:38 PM
This is funny

C- Customer
M- Me

C- Do you have any phones that will call to space?

M- ummmm you mean like for Astronauts to use?

C- No, i mean i need to contact outerspace.

M- Oh do you work for Nasa or something?

C-NO, aliens are trying to contact me, and i need to get in touch with them.....

M-I put the phone on hold because i cannot conatin any of my emotions or body fluids after laughing so hard....i finally get back on the phone, and attempt to tell the customer that we do not service space even if we had phones for that?????

C-Do you know where i could get a phone for that at?

M-Radio Shack?????

I think i laid in bed and laughed that night for a while.....
sckoisks17

Aug 24, 2007, 4:40 PM
That had to have been a prank call.
kt8

Aug 24, 2007, 4:43 PM
Yeah thats what we said after too, but I dont know he sounded pretty serious and we get a lot of pranks here, but you could be right, whatever it was i still got a laugh out of it....
krickt

Aug 24, 2007, 4:46 PM
Gee Whiz thanks dude, now he's going to come into my store wondering why we don't have those! If I get yelled at, I'm coming after you!

jk,

sorta
kt8

Aug 24, 2007, 5:02 PM
Sorry, i didnt know what else to tell him lol???? Im a chick by the way, just so you know even though i use dude for both myself....
krickt

Aug 25, 2007, 9:49 AM
I didn't know, now that I do, I'll try to not call you a dude.

I'm female as well, and nobody ever remembers.
ShackViperElite

Aug 24, 2007, 11:23 PM
Not nice to point them towards us at the Shack.. we end up dealing with enough wackos as it is. You get a cushy job that deals with only one segment of electronics. Try a job where you've got to know about every single product line in the store.
d3ity

Aug 25, 2007, 10:17 AM
Pfft, like half the ratshack employees know what the hell a resistor or capacitor actually does.

Dude, honestly, RatShack is the cheap whore of electronics... Sure they might know a bit more about the actual electronics end of things than BigBox, but seriously. I worked there. Half the employees in that company don't have a ****ing clue. There are a few gurus still around that actually know what they're talking about. But most ratshack employees think that by rattling off part nubmers they actually know something.

And now that radioshack is slowly phasing out all those wonderful parts drawers in the back... I really have no reason to go to them anymore.
ShackViperElite

Aug 25, 2007, 1:21 PM
We're not phasing out the parts and if you worked at my store, you'd know your stuff or you wouldn't work for me. It's that simple. Our entire district is rated 1 in the country because we do not settle for lesser employees. I'll put my team up against anybody and win every day.
hunterd

Aug 26, 2007, 12:49 PM
i would have to agree with d3ity. i've worked at the shack for over 8 years. im the resident guru for my store. most stores in the surrounding districts might have 1 out of 5 that have at least 1 person that really knows anything. sadly the shack has been going down hill for several years.
BigShowJB

Aug 25, 2007, 10:05 AM
Verizon's version of the iPhone can call space

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.