Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

To the sales associate...

kapwww

Aug 24, 2007, 12:19 PM
...who thinks you have to give every phone away for free to make a sale or gain customer loyalty: Think again and learn a little bit about retail sales. We match VZW sale prices and don't bend for anyone other than very close friends or family. We are one of the top agents in our state. People love us because we are honest, we take care of their problems, and we help them with everything under the sun. People who give everything away are either shady or stupid OR they don't care at all about the customer or their own pay check. The exception would be a company-wide promotion, not your renegade sales technique.

My best friend from college just called me to ask about getting some phones. I always give him the best price I can witho...
(continues)
DeepFryerDan

Aug 24, 2007, 1:58 PM
sounds just like my coworker.

when we get a returned phone we take everything out of the box and save it incase someone comes in and needs a warranty exchange for a charger or a battery. what she does, though, is instead of selling a charger or case or battery to someone she gives it to them - without them even complaining about the price. she discounts phones like none other too and uses up all of our discounting dollars for the whole store.

i totally agree that just being steady and honest with your customers will, in the end, gain loyalty. some customers might go elsewhere to save a dollar but it's the customers that pay a little extra that know theyre paying for your service, not just a phone with minutes.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.