Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

there's an age minimum for a reason

DeepFryerDan

Aug 23, 2007, 5:39 PM
i just had some kid tell me he wanted to start service. he looked young but i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. here's how it went:

M: alright, i just need to see your state id to run a credit check.

C: what's that?

M: a driver's license, state id card, military card, etc

C: oh, i don't have one of those

M: do you have a social security number?

C: what's what?

M: how old are you?

C: 13

M: oh, i'm sorry. you can only start service if you are 18 or older

C: there's no signs that say that in here!

M: (laughing) it's state law that I cannot run a credit check on you unless you are at least 18

C: (yelling) man f*ck this place! (he then stormed out and knocked half of our accessories off of our wa...
(continues)
cellphoneguy

Aug 23, 2007, 6:06 PM
I would of beat his ass!
DeepFryerDan

Aug 23, 2007, 6:06 PM
i was laughing too hard
krickt

Aug 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
We had a kid come in with his lawyer because he was 16 and had been legally declared an adult. We still couldn't run the credit, state laws and such. We explained that he could get a PAYG phone at 16, but there was no way to run credit for someone under the age of 18, by state and some federal laws. The lawyer demanded that I run his credit. I put it in the computer, and of course, it popped up underage, and wouldn't go any further. Lawyer demanded that I call the credit people, and I did, they talked to him and he left the store with a very pouty "adult" in tow.

People don't understand that "we" (the reps) didn't make up these rules, but we are bound to them, no matter what story you come up with ......
DeepFryerDan

Aug 24, 2007, 10:38 AM
thats a good story 🤣
BigShowJB

Aug 25, 2007, 10:48 AM
if he had a lawyer with him, why didn't the lawyer put service in his own name for the kid and do a TOL when he got to 18???

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.