Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

(555)555-5555

malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 1:42 PM
i just love when customers just walk through my door rambling off their number like i will magically know exactly what they want. then when i ask What am i looking for they say... just look up the account.... Stupid people!!!

or even better when u ask for their mobil number and they say... oh well i don't know it but my name is blah blah... neat!but i can't look up shiz w/out ur number dumbass...then they don't even have their phone on them so i can find it!
ajstrong

Aug 23, 2007, 1:48 PM
neat! hysterical 😁
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 23, 2007, 5:21 PM
I cant tell you how many times this scenario has happened at my store.

Custy
PhoneyName

Aug 23, 2007, 6:07 PM
When they walk in and just rattle off their number, I reply with my store phone number, and enjoy the confused look on their faces. "Oh, you wanted minutes? Sorry, I thought we were exchanging numbers!"
malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 6:13 PM
ooo...i'll try that!! ... when i ask for a customers number usually guys say oh your getting personal what is your phone #? i say well sir my card is rite there have at it... (slime ball!!)
kt8

Aug 24, 2007, 4:28 PM
I dont call myself is what we get a lot, hmmmmmm i guess they dont give out their number either
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 23, 2007, 6:20 PM
OK I am an idiot, I posted my last comment with out finishing it.

So this is what happens to me:

Custy: I need to know (insert benign, stupid, request for information here)

Me: I would be glad to help you look up that information. To start can I please have your cell phone number?

Custy: 😲

Me: 😳

Custy: I don't know my number, I don't call myself!

Me: So what do you tell people when they want to get in touch with you?

Custy: 🤤

Me: 👿

***Crickets****

Me: 😳 👿 😳

Custy: 😁

Then the whole process repeats itself.

/wrists
malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 6:25 PM
when they have their phone i just have them call the store phone and look at the caller id... but they usually forget their phone...or i do that then later in the afternoon i get this call from the same # on my store phone and they say... umm yeah i was just wondering why this number is on my phone... and i say remember i had to figure out ur # earlier...retard!!
ihateeverything

Aug 23, 2007, 6:28 PM
Can they call you/store or does that require effort?
malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 6:30 PM
uh... key(they don't have their phone on them) WOW
ihateeverything

Aug 23, 2007, 6:36 PM
Oh they don't have their phone on them. I wasn't aware of that. You figure if that happens so often for you to gripe about it on the internet your place of employment would let you enter their accounts through some other means.
ihateeverything

Aug 23, 2007, 6:37 PM
Oh here's an idea. Call it in and get the numbers from customer service.
malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 6:40 PM
have u ever called customer service without a mobile #?? yeah its a big pain... i have done it...people should come prepaired not as a bunch of idiots
ihateeverything

Aug 23, 2007, 6:41 PM
Yeah they might forget their social too 🤣
malibu_377

Aug 23, 2007, 6:44 PM
ive had that happen too.... wow seriously... write this shiz down if your so forgetful!
chainsaw

Aug 23, 2007, 7:24 PM
lol old people walk in.... "THe name's johnson! Bill Johnson!"

me-? ok? what is your phone number?

bill johnson-5555555

me hmm sir there's no match is that your cell phone number?

bill-Oh my cell phone? you can't look it up by home phone?

me-no

bill-well i don't know my cell number(hands me phone) can you get it outa there?

me-Fu@# yourself sir. Good day!
sprintg19

Aug 24, 2007, 4:58 PM
I work where we have multiple carriers, and we get people who don't know their carrier or their phone #. Real easy to work with then, lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.