Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

kiosk loungers

ajstrong

Aug 18, 2007, 2:17 PM
so, as I'm back in the kiosk/glass shelf box for now, what do you folks who live in such things do when folks use your counters to...

lean on while waiting for someone else

dig around in their oversized handbags

"just look" for...ever, and then act annoyed that you're not following them around/act annoyed that you're following them around

laugh at your signs

ask what your signs mean

say "can you hear me now?" (VZ indirect) while walking by, cackling loudly

"just look" at the three accessories not down in the cases, trying to match ______'s phone to it.

ask you where ________ is (competitor, bathroom, food court, et al)
foxiangel5

Aug 18, 2007, 2:45 PM
i always say hi ask them if i can help find something ask questions if they say no, i leave them alone...if they cant talk to me then screw them
mooiscoow

Aug 18, 2007, 3:27 PM
I had someone ask me where a store was in the mall. Politely I said I don't think it is in the mall, but they can check the directory right in front of the booth. She went crazy. She started yelling at me and saying that I wouldn't tell her where the store is because she won't buy anything, and she wants my store put out. Security came to see the problem. She told them exactly what I said, too. They look at her like she was crazy because they know me and know that I don't be rude about it. To find out that the store actually isn't in the mall. She was embrassed and left. ๐Ÿคฃ
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 10:02 PM
When I used to work in a kiosk, ours was right next to a sign that stated the way to the mall office as well as the rest rooms yet people still would come up and ask where the bathrooms are. ๐Ÿคจ
BigShowJB

Aug 19, 2007, 1:38 PM
I had some crackhead come up to my kiosk and face me while my back was to the Verizon Store and ask where he can get a Verizon PrePaid refill.... ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ™„

I have people ask where the food court is and it is right behind them... I can hear the Teriyaki chicken on the grill right now....๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ™„

There is also a Cingular store of to my right and people will be walking towards it and ask where it is....๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ™„
M15TER P1NK

Aug 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
we get some bad ones in stand alone stores. i work in a shopping center even so we dont get a lot of browsing traffic from 13 year old kids... but still...

m - Hi welcome to Sprint, can i help you with anything?

c - ๐Ÿ˜ณ

m - ๐Ÿ‘€

c - *walks away*

co worker walks out of the back...

c - (to him) can i get some service over here please...

cowo - *looks over at me*

m - (pantamiming) *points to cust* ๐Ÿคค *points to self acting like im talking* *points to cust* ๐Ÿ˜ณ *points to self* ๐Ÿคจ
NecrisHacker

Aug 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Just remember that 13 year old probably has parents who are either customers or could very well potential ones so you may wish to rethink how you treat teenagers. I would bust a nut had that 13 year old been the child of your DM.
Lapdog

Aug 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
hardly EVER pans out. Usually, the parents are using the mall as a day care provider.

Besides, the DM's kid should know better than to interrupt business...
aavera

Aug 22, 2007, 8:38 PM
ajstrong said:
so, as I'm back in the kiosk/glass shelf box for now, what do you folks who live in such things do when folks use your counters to...

lean on while waiting for someone else

Stand right by them and stare until they get uncomfortable enough and leave

dig around in their oversized handbags

see previous answer

"just look" for...ever, and then act annoyed that you're not following them around/act annoyed that you're following them around

I don't follow them around. They can act annoyed all they want to.

laugh at your signs

Laugh at their face (ok, so not really, but normally I would like to)

ask what your signs mean

Tell them they mean we sell Verizon. Period.

say "can you hear
(continues)
ajstrong

Aug 23, 2007, 10:08 AM
actually, I can see see the MALL INFORMATION desk.... it's, o, about 50 yd away, with 300-ft letters on it (that's: readable from 300 ft) and I STILL get alot of questions from folks WALKING TOWARD THE DARN THING. I had an old lady ask where the information desk was. I pointed, then motioned, then told her, then had her move so she could see it "better" and FINALLY she said, "o yes, I see it now!" ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.