Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Americans with Disabilities Act

s_scott15

Aug 17, 2007, 11:17 AM
Some guy just gave me a lecture becaus the 2 little bumps on the 5 key on some of my demo phones wasn't big enough. he said "The Americans with disabilities act requires that you put that little bump on the 5 key" blah blah blah! and he's not even blind! what does he care for?
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
Some people just need to complain about something.
s_scott15

Aug 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
I don't think stupidity is considered a disability.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
And it's a good thing it's not. Although if stupid people had there way it would be.
Nautic812

Aug 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
why do people have to open up their conversation with "I have _________
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
Cause they assume because they have __________ that means you'll be sympathetic and give them free stuff. And if you don't give them free stuff, since they told you they had ___________ it means you're discriminating against people with ____________
s_scott15

Aug 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
but if you give them free stuff just because they have ___________, then arent you discriminating against people without ___________?
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, but they don't see it that way. Remember, they have _________, so they're the ones inconvenienced by life, and therefore deserve everything.
s_scott15

Aug 17, 2007, 12:42 PM
I feel bad for people with disabilities, but now when they take advantage of it to try and get hand-outs. I used to see people ll the time on the corner or on the bus begging for money because they are blind or deaf. But I have a cousin who is deaf, and he learned sihn language, went to college and has a successful carreer. All it really means is that you have to work a little bit harder.

Everyone feels sorry for them because they expect people to feel sorry for them. but if they would quit feeling sorry for themselves, they could do just about anything that anyone else could to.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
I used to feel bad for them, then I realized that the only ones I was feeling bad for were the ones that WANTED me to. The ones who live on others sympathy, because of their 'grief'.

Most disabled people live normal lives and don't want/need help from others. I like those people. 🙂 🙂 🙂
that_one_girl

Aug 17, 2007, 4:58 PM
I have decided, after several years working in the wireless phone industry, that people believe all wireless phone companies are evil and are trying to screw them in some way, regardless of the presence or absence of facts to support their argument.

I am almost 100% positive that the reason people like the one you mentioned voice these completely ridiculous concerns, which they honestly care nothing about in their daily lives, is to try to support their crazy theory that you, a wireless phone salesperson, are the most evil person on the planet.
craptacularwireless

Aug 17, 2007, 5:49 PM
Tell him that he needs to take it up with the phone manufacturer, not you or Verizon/Cingular/T-Mobile/Sprint/Other.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.