Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

I hate secrect shoppers (kind of long rant)

Cellfoneslinger

Aug 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
I got shopped a few days ago and when the lady came up to my kiosk I was ringing up a feature so there was no one at my computer but I was busy. On top of that she stood at the opposite end of the kiosk so I couldn't even see her behind my accessory display. One of the first thing she said to me was that she was still in contract with verizon. (I come to work to make money not talk to people that are not going to buy today :evil🙂 She ends up telling me she has a Blackjack with verizon, which is when I knew I was being shopped. I went straight down the list of thing to say but I didn't offer a family plan because she was fat and ugly and I assumed she had no friends or family. After qualifying her I showed her my Blackjack and her face ...
(continues)
ajstrong

Aug 15, 2007, 11:51 AM
have fun with your DM 😁

people that stand at the opposite end throughout the conversation then assume that you'll just magically pull a receipt out of your behind when they wanna buy annoy me. if the customer doesn't want to have personal contact with me, why are they talking to me in the first place?
krickt

Aug 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
Here's what we decided about secret shoppers.
1. Do your best with everyone, but (since we are in a tiny town, secret shoppers are easy to spot) go down the list (I've done a script based on the secret shopper check list, it goes step by step number by number from the papers she works from)and again, be as nice and professional as you can possibly be.

2. Are we selling? Are we selling more than expected? If the answer to this question is yes, then who cares about the secret shopper's opinions.

3. Take a deep breath. We got burned by a secret shopper a while back because all 4 of our computers were busy doing activations and all employees were "too busy" to give her proper attention. Sounds like a great problem to have, sound...
(continues)
s_scott15

Aug 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
I had one one time that as soon as they walked in the door, went straight to the wall where all the brochures were. It was pretty busy in the store so I couldn't get to her right away. Then she asked if we had service in (insert remote middle-of-nowhere town here) I told her we did not, the closest was about 10 miles away. then she asked for my name and walked out the door.

How was I supposed to sell her anyway? if she lives outside of our service area there isn't anything i can do!!!
UOQuack

Aug 15, 2007, 3:09 PM
Secret shoppers in the cell phone industry are a completely incompetent lot. They generally have no idea what they are doing, and they shop so many locations in one day they can never remember who did what. And AT&T's mystery shop guideline form is a complete joke too. It's designed to pass a test, not to meet the needs of the customer. Then they tell you that if you want to challenge a shop score, all you have to do is provide the completed form. Of course, when the challenge actually comes, and the form is provided, the challenge is rejected out of hand. It's a complete waste of time, an inaccurate judge of how a store is performing, and worst of all, with some agents, it actually means a reduction in commission for the sales associa...
(continues)
NecrisHacker

Aug 15, 2007, 3:22 PM
Yes, I've done mystery shops in the past. Having working in the industry I knew what we as mystery shoppers should be saying and asking when we did a shop on one of our stores. I feel mystery shops should use internal employees from the retail field when doing a shop.
chainsaw

Aug 15, 2007, 5:02 PM
that is such a good idea.
krickt

Aug 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
Agreed, but I could still spot them coming in the door.......
DeepFryerDan

Aug 15, 2007, 4:44 PM
yeah that's bs for sure.

we had the same shopper come into our store probably 7 times. the first two times was with our rep that has been here for 3 years and she failed both times.

the next two times were with two different interim managers that were just here for a day.

the next time after that i saw her and we were busy as hell and I told all the other reps who she was an not to waste your time helping her when the activations were in the store waiting

the last time she came in we were dead and sitting around. she walked in and stood at the front like usual so i walked up and started slamming her with information. i was telling her about everything before she could even ask about it. i demo-ed every freakin' data product ima...
(continues)
BABYJESUS

Aug 15, 2007, 8:02 PM
My friend that works as a Sprint indirect rep was secret shopping a district of stores, and I tagged along. We judged fairly, on how much effort, knowlege, and general selling we saw. We thought, hey, what if we were being shopped? So we only gave the REALLY bad reps a low score. I have, however, been shopped by idiots, and it sucks...
DarkStar

Aug 15, 2007, 8:57 PM
Why did you choose that for your screenname? Do you think you are the messiah?
NecrisHacker

Aug 15, 2007, 9:18 PM
I have a feeling he/she chose the screen name, BABY JESUS, after watching the blessing conversation Ricky had with Cal in Talladega Nights The Ballad of Ricky Bobby before Chip announced he was jacked up on Mountain Dew. Personally, I like to think of my Baby Jesus as a child holding a bottle of Southern Comfort in one hand and a good old fashioned Cuban cigar in the other while AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long blares in the background.
iRawesome

Aug 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
You, sir, are a redneck after my own heart.
NecrisHacker

Aug 16, 2007, 5:50 PM
"I'm going to go ape turds on your ass! I'm jacked up on Mountain Dews". 🤣
DarkStar

Aug 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
Oh so its not baby Jesus(english) its baby Jesus(spanish)? Ok.
DonnaK

Aug 16, 2007, 2:13 PM
We get the same secret shopper at our store everytime! For the past 4 months. Same lady...same scenario, same employee, same enthusiam and knowledge everytime. Yet here are the scores we have rcvd.

make any since

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.