Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

It's payday!

ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2007, 5:34 PM
And for the 139:18 hours of overtime I've worked over the past three months I was paid $234.

I'll be s***ing ***ks on main street before you catch me working overtime again.
cingcing

Aug 10, 2007, 5:53 PM
You do that anyway....

So, paychecks ar not like golf scores?
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2007, 5:56 PM
Our company seems to think so.
cingcing

Aug 10, 2007, 6:01 PM
"I have to admit Ralph, I'm shocked and a little dissapointed to hear you say that your time away from work is worth more to you than that $1.75 hr."
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2007, 6:06 PM
I could flip burger at McDonalds for more than what this company is paying me for overtime.

Hell, I could walk out of this store and be a greeter at the WalMart across the parking lot part time and make more!
cingcing

Aug 10, 2007, 6:08 PM
🤣
jestcuzzgrl

Aug 10, 2007, 6:20 PM
Lol. I don't get it.. So you don't get time and a half? 😕 Thats just wrong..
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2007, 6:23 PM
Nope, I'm paid salary plus "bonus" so they're not required to pay me time and a half. It's jacked up.
jestcuzzgrl

Aug 10, 2007, 6:30 PM
Thats why I hate salary 👿
They tried to do that at one of my jobs but luckily I got to choose. I worked 6 days a week 5:30am - around 3:30/4:00pm.. Now if I didn't work but 30 hours and got paid salary that would be nice..
V4Vengeance

Aug 12, 2007, 4:21 PM
Unless it's classified "non-exempt," I'm verrry skeptical about salaried non-commission jobs in areas requiring high output/quotas, unless of course the $$$$$$ is enough to make up for ridiculous amounts of OT plus time lost to commuting. In some businesses you can almost see the whips cracking, the office lights are on at all hours, etc.

Without some sort of guaranteed pay for presence, every minute past quitting time drags down the figurative "hourly rate" of a given position. What looks like a nice amount on paper rings up as half that, broken down by hour, in some jobs. The word "salaried" sounds prestigious, but sometimes that's meager consolation for what a person goes through.
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 10, 2007, 7:54 PM
I don't get paid till the f-ing 15th 👿

You making good money on that corner? I might need a second job if this month keeps up the way it is.
Guy Montag

Aug 12, 2007, 4:36 PM
You should do the math and make sure they are at least paying you minimum wage. They have to pay at least that for your time.
cingcing

Aug 12, 2007, 4:40 PM
In our state....

Plus he's salary, so they don't have to pay him overtime at all. They're doing him a favor by paying him $1.75 hr.
Guy Montag

Aug 12, 2007, 4:43 PM
True, but then he isn't required to work overtime. Either way, if its paid time, he has to at least make minimum wage in WA. It may be different in TX.
Dj Podmaster

Aug 13, 2007, 6:20 AM
payday is depressing now, they started holding our commissions for 60 days. I'm seriously considering a second job to pay for school, the street corner seems to be full.......maybe i can sell drugs with activations. 👀

"would you like a case, car charger or this fine handcrafted prerolled fatty to go with your new blackberry today?" 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.