Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

no...sorry...too bad...no...no...no... long...the same as my day

kapwww

Aug 10, 2007, 3:08 PM
I'm not sure what's up with people today, but someone is about to get beat down.

A lady calls me complaining because her husband abuses his phone and we won't give him a new one. She just got an early upgrade (because she abuses her phone too) but her husband can't because he got his last phone 3 months ago. They always decline insurance. The phone she got was BOGO, but of course, the part she didn't understand, BOTH HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED ON NEW OR UPGRADE 2-YEAR AGREEMENTS, neither of which he can do with his existing phone number. It took me almost 15 minutes to get it through her head.

A old guy came in complaining that he's spending too much on his cell phone. He's on a very old local-only prepay plan that allows him to spend o...
(continues)
dmty

Aug 10, 2007, 3:28 PM
The people i hate the most are the ones that want a discounted phone without re-signing
Ray

Aug 10, 2007, 4:50 PM
I think the worst customers are actually our very own corporate employees from non retail departments who want us to give then a few extra perks for working on the same team. As far as I'm concerned, internal customers should be treated just as equal as we do the external ones. I had a gal from our marketing department come in the other day and wanted me to do a phone book transfer on 10 of her personal phone lines. Guess what? I charged her $15.00 as a SL1 charge. She huffed and puffed and nearly pinched a loaf when I told her it would be $150 she had to pay up front for the service. She paid it after complaining to both my SM as well as the DM who happened to be touring the area. Both of them had my back on it.
chkchkchk

Aug 10, 2007, 4:56 PM

I once had an email in my personal inbox from someone from the company (I figured it was a dealer). He intended it to go to the department's box, but the way he had typed the email address sent the message to everyone who has access to the department box.

He wanted his wireless rate plan changed, his address changed and his wireless and home phone bills combined.

I not so politely told him that the email address he had used sent the message to everyone and that the intended email was for when a customer needed his and our help, you know, if he needed these things done, he should make like everyone else and call customer care. I also carbon-copied everyone else so that they would know that I'd put the run to this guy.

My supe ...
(continues)
chainsaw

Aug 10, 2007, 3:33 PM
Atleast you've had customers!
kapwww

Aug 10, 2007, 4:27 PM
I'd rather not have customers if they're just going to be the ones who want the impossible. I'd rather be getting other work done like keeping the store in good shape and finding new customers. It sucks when they all think I'm lying because they "know that I can do it if I want to". Consumer Reports and every other publication that thinks they "know" how to manipulate the cell phone industry needs a swift kick to the junk. They don't know anything but they've made the retarded public think they know how it really is.
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 10, 2007, 8:30 PM
I just tell them I the resurected son of God and the only miracles I can perform are turning water into wine. 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.