Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 46 replies

Signs that you have been working in the cell phone industry too long

coziamnumber1

Aug 8, 2007, 10:32 AM
1) You can pick out the make and model of phone being used in a tv/movie

2) You know when the ringtone does not match the aforementioned phone

3) You are talking on aim/yahoo and spell the word "razor" (as in gilette fusion) R-A-Z-R

Feel free to add to this list as needed.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 10:34 AM
I have done #1... watching CSI "Hey wait, he just used a Nokia 5300!" My brother threw a pillow at me.
lilredhead

Aug 18, 2007, 5:57 PM
rush hour 3..... the bad guy was using a blackberry pearl!!! haha
yeahright

Aug 23, 2007, 8:40 AM
On Kyle Xy he uses a Chocolate(but it is the korean version and it always annoys me)
Gemini

Aug 23, 2007, 2:43 PM
it's the Motorola v710, first phone I picked out in a movie/tv, and I was surprised because the phone was a little outdated at the time the movie released.
krickt

Aug 23, 2007, 2:56 PM
Yeah, but I hate it when there's a phone I can't id, like in MI3. I never did get an answer about what kind of phone that was.
krickt

Aug 23, 2007, 4:54 PM
I love old movies. They've been showing Running Scared on one of the movie channels. I always laugh when they pick up that old NEC car phone. That's my favorite part of the movie.
mooiscoow

Aug 23, 2007, 4:16 PM
He beat up a guy with the RAZR, and it still work afterwards. I told my boyfriend that made the fight scene fake to me. He just laughed.
chkchkchk

Aug 8, 2007, 10:36 AM
Your friends turn to you to fix their ID-10-T errors.

You answer loved ones concerns with a bored 'I'm sorry to hear that'.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 10:53 AM
Your parents hand you a phone that isn't working and expect you to fix it.

Your brother asks you to help him replace his phone.

Your friends area always asking you about their plans and packages and what they should say to Care to get better deals (My response? Be nice!)
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 10:58 AM
I tell my friends and family to pay the full price and smile when they do it. I need them to pay for services so they can pay my salary.
chocolateman85006

Aug 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 11:02 AM
Certain friends I'll help, they're usually the ones who don't ask often... and my mom and brother I can't not help them, my brother is kind of like a lost puppy when his phone isn't working (He put it through the washing machine.) and my mom is so confused by the damn thing. . . My other brother and I helped her pick out and set up her phone and she knows how to use what she needs to use and nothing more. And she doesn't need anything more.
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 11:06 AM
My mom handles her own account. I set it up for them and bought their first phones. Since then, I've handed down phones to them or made a recommendation for a new one. I made them get insurance and that's it.

My mom broke her phone about two months back and called me for advice. I told her NOT to take it to the store and just to call insurance. She took it to the store and they told her to call insurance. She wastes her time when she doesn't listen to me.
d3ity

Aug 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
I usually help my friends pick out thier phones, and usually figure out which one will save them money. I also fix sneaky/shady salespeople's ****ups for them occasionally.

My one buddy had just dunked his phone in a river. So I looked at his plan. He was using 1400 mins about, and he was on a 3000 minute plan, with unlimited data for his LG8100.

At least he had a new every 2 credit.
txsolitaire

Aug 8, 2007, 11:39 AM
You start thinking you are the only intelligent life left on the planet.

Holy sweet jesus did working in a call center open my eyes to how impressively stupid some people truly are.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
That happened about two and a half years ago. Not just some people, most people.
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
When you wish there was a Phone Scoop mobile application for your handset (non PDA)
coziamnumber1

Aug 8, 2007, 1:14 PM
there is. phonescoop has a WAP site.
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 1:30 PM
It's just news and new phones though
cellb1tch

Aug 18, 2007, 11:52 AM
you can download opera mini...it's great!!
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 18, 2007, 12:04 PM
When you meet a good looking girl down at the bar instead of putting your number in her phone, you hand her your business card.

You throw a party when your area finally gets EVDO.

Your a registered user on Phonescoop.com forums.
knn_dm

Aug 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
When you can tell what a company a customer is with or has been with just by hearing the prefix.
NoanswersonlyQs

Aug 18, 2007, 1:58 PM
lol....
d3ity

Aug 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
DEFINATLEY a good sign. I can't do it yet... and i'm pretty happy about that, but man, the people that can in this store really need vacations.
satansk8

Aug 18, 2007, 2:05 PM
I did that last night watching a movie, fracture. they uses samsung blades through the whole movie, I feel like the worlds biggest nerd. it really sucked that I have done that with other movies and said the current sw version is blah blah blah 0v789897. what is wronge with us? 🤭
s_scott15

Aug 18, 2007, 3:54 PM
When you meet someone for the first time, the first thing you notice about them is what carrier/phone thay have.
satansk8

Aug 18, 2007, 4:09 PM
great pick up lines consist of hi my name is _____. I see you have a ____, from _____. You should call me some time.
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 4:14 PM
You know more about the history of your wireless company than you do about your own family.
dalily21

Aug 18, 2007, 6:02 PM
You call into your provider using phrases from the provider you work for. Instead of using mobile to mobile you say in network calling, etc....
d3ity

Aug 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
Oh I got a good one for those of us who have switched carriers.

You're currently under contract for three lines with three diffrent companies and your total cell phone bill still comes to $60 a month.
PhoneyName

Aug 18, 2007, 6:28 PM
A cute guy/girl walks by, and the first thing you notice is what model phone they're talking on.

You ask your spouse for their "nombre, direccion, y numero del telephono" in your sleep (I did that last night). 🤣
ATTDRONEV2.5

Aug 18, 2007, 7:38 PM
You answer your personal phone with your answer phrase from work. "Thank you for calling_____. My Name is ___ .How May I Help You......Oh Hi Mom.
rodeogirl87

Aug 20, 2007, 5:45 PM
done that one a couple of times...and since I work in a call center, I've also found that I use certain phrases and wordage from our scripting.
d3ity

Aug 19, 2007, 10:06 AM
When you can identify not only the make of a phone, but also the model, by only reading the ESN
NoanswersonlyQs

Aug 20, 2007, 6:06 PM
you sir need a vacation...
Grantizzle

Aug 23, 2007, 2:28 PM
guilty.
arsimckhoi

Aug 20, 2007, 7:50 PM
most eff'd up way to tell you begin to explain to your cat why they're cat bowl is not entirely full of cat food...

Me: I'm sorry kitty but your food is a post paid plan basis while you used most of your food earlier today you still have only 32 bits of kitty chow left. If you'd like since you are new to this house I'll give you 10 courtesy bits but going forward you will need to be more cautious in the future.

Cat: (meows)(blinks) stands up, turns around (proceeds to lick his own a-hole)

***ugh***
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 20, 2007, 9:16 PM
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

This is the best one yet!
bazime44

Aug 22, 2007, 10:34 PM
1-you catch yourself answering the phone 'thank you for calling ******** wireless' and telling people to 'have a good day' at the end of a call.
2- you're not even looking at a phone and you can tell the brand it is just by hearing what noise it makes when the phone turns on
Gemini

Aug 23, 2007, 3:11 PM
bazime44 said:

2- you're not even looking at a phone and you can tell the brand it is just by hearing what noise it makes when the phone turns on

I do that ALL the time. Like in a store, four aisle's over I hear someone's phone turn on (or a phone-specific ringtone) and mumble to myself, "Oh, somone's got a Nokia. Good choice."

🤣
byebyecellone

Aug 23, 2007, 2:07 AM
When your talking to someone on your personal phone and right when the call is about to end you say "is there anything else"? I have done this twice now.
UOQuack

Aug 23, 2007, 2:23 PM
When you know the birthdays of your co-workers better than those of your friends & family, you've worked in this industry too long.

When you can drive to work in your sleep, you've worked in this industry too long.

When you have all your 800- work numbers on speed dial on your personal phone, you've worked in this industry too long.

When you have made enough forum posts on phonescoop to be recognized as a "regular", you've worked in this industry too long.
Grantizzle

Aug 23, 2007, 2:25 PM
UOQuack said:
When you have all your 800- work numbers on speed dial on your personal phone, you've worked in this industry too long.

When you have made enough forum posts on phonescoop to be recognized as a "regular", you've worked in this industry too long.

guilty on both accounts.
Gemini

Aug 23, 2007, 3:15 PM
1.) Can actually do that and
2.) Have dreams (nightmares?? 😳 ) about work.
Lederhosen19

Aug 23, 2007, 6:18 PM
I do that all the time 👀

others are:
when you see someone with a phone you will go out of your way to see what phone it is

If you see a phone you've never seen, you'll look for it constantly until you find it.

You can figure out a phone in a short time, even if you've never used it.

You can identify a RAZR just by the "hump" on it.

When your family and friends get tired of you saying "Hey thats a ________ (phone brand and model in the space)

I'm guilty on all of these, and I don't even sell phones. 🤭
ihateeverything

Aug 23, 2007, 6:30 PM
Nightmare about work 😢

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.