Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 45 replies

Things to do at a store with no traffic?

d3ity

Aug 7, 2007, 1:10 PM
What do you guys do to pass the endless hours of a dead store? I'm out of phonescoop to read and I've got nothing to do for the next 6 hours...

Any suggestions that don't involve me getting on ebay and wasting money on stuff?
ralph_on_me

Aug 7, 2007, 1:16 PM
pants off dance off.

or flash flash revolution.
chkchkchk

Aug 7, 2007, 1:19 PM
Whippets.
expectpwnage

Aug 7, 2007, 4:44 PM
chkchkchk said:
Whippets.

*Whippits
paddyoc

Aug 7, 2007, 1:21 PM
outside, get in the car, and go somewhere that serves good beer.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 7, 2007, 1:29 PM
Great idea. On my day off yesterday I found 8 pints of Imported Irish Stout in my garage. I just moved in and they were hiding behind a box! They were great but I should have saved them to brown bag at the kiosk...
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 1:47 PM
create your own traffic...

grab a phone book and make some calls.

get people in your store and get them excited about what you have to offer!!

OMG!!! I couldn't even keep a straight face while i typed that!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

or you could just drink a bottle of jager and do a couple of beer bongs to pass the time.

just a thought.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 7:07 AM
i started reading this reply and almost got pissed. i thought you were my old manager for a second.
BigShowJB

Aug 7, 2007, 2:10 PM
I do Myspace and ALOT of Fantasy Sports
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 7:10 AM
Yuck. MySpace. 🙄

I only sign on when I have new messages.
DJ Parkay

Aug 7, 2007, 2:24 PM
1. Go in the back and prepeare a pile of phones for the ass customers. Prepare as in rub stuff on the earpiece that would be unplesant like crotch sweat for instance.

2. Go poop.

3. Go pee.

4. Smoke.

5. Start a small trash fire and cook hotdogs (unless you have a grill).

6. Prank call your competitos from you demo phones.

7. Call the sprint customer care center - youll kill an hour on hold before you get to yell FU at the rep and hang up.

8. Drink drain-o.

9. Read.

10. Poop.
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 7:12 AM
Are you supposed to do that in order? Because after you drink Drain-O, it's pretty much over.

We don't have demos here, just dummies, but I could call from my phone with *67.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 7:19 AM
hiding the number is no fun, you want them to call the demo phones back. it makes it an interesting day
BigShowJB

Aug 7, 2007, 2:26 PM
call all the Verizon and Nextel Stores and ask them if they have the iPhone back in stock yet

call ATT and ask when they'l be getting the iPhone 2 in, because the one you have isn't good enough.

check out all the hot chicks walking through the mall(get out the camera phones).

shoot spitwads at the ugly people as they get to the next kiosk.

get a really good laser pen and try to distract the guys at the next cell phone store over and get their customer to come to your store.

all sorts of fun things to do
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 3:13 PM
Definitely the laser pointer, see if you can get them to chase it... or point it at somebody's head... just leave it there until they notice.
BigShowJB

Aug 7, 2007, 3:27 PM
the guys at the Verizon store right next to me had one of thos and pointed it into the cingular store (yes it still says "Cingular") at a display wall and when one of the guys in there was refilling the brochures he saw it and whipped around and busted the guy who had the thing in his hand...
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 3:41 PM
Just shows the guy with the pointer wasn't being sneaky enough.
BigShowJB

Aug 7, 2007, 3:44 PM
no, he wasn't trying to be sneaky... it was right on the wall in front of him and that guy almost got whiplash he stood up so fast
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 7:14 AM
Laser pointers are considered weapons. Hope the guy didn't get the cops called.
BigShowJB

Aug 8, 2007, 8:31 AM
no, we all get along pretty well here. Cingy, Sprint & VZW are all within sight of each other. thankfully no The Mobile Pollution stores....
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 3:19 PM
Get your boss drunk.

While drunk get your boss to sign off on the expenses for the following.

Beer
Pizza
Pretzels
Soda
Bean Bag Chairs
New Stereo System
Hamburgers (and fixen's)
Chips
A new BBQ Grill
Propane (for the grill)
Some Tables

Also have him/her sign off on a bunch of cheap accessories.

Then, have a party at work on slow days. Bribe customers who stop by to go vandalize the competition, give them accessories (or beer) to do it. Get people drunk and sign them up for service. Bribe people to place crank calls from competition phones.

All sorts of fun wildness, you just have to get your boss drunk.
nuckingfuts

Aug 7, 2007, 4:41 PM
😳
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 5:36 PM
It's past my nap time. Also, I've stopped caring about getting the sales or not so it leaves me free to daydream. Ironically, my numbers have gone through the roof since I stopped giving a crap.
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 3:20 PM
Get a photo of your boss.

Get a copy of a good photoshop program.

Create incriminating photos of your boss.

Blackmail your boss.
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 3:36 PM
It is called being PROACTIVE and try to generate business like calling on existing account you have activated over the past few months, making some generic flyers and passing them out to people in front of your store.
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 3:43 PM
He's probably serious too.
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 3:54 PM
That I am.
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:03 PM
Rob?
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:04 PM
apparently you don't do that cause you're wasting your time on shop talk.

NOW GO PASS OUT FLYERS!!!
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 4:10 PM
Already have. I'm up to 6 activations for the day. MTD 14.
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:15 PM
i also have 14 for the day and i sit around.
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:15 PM
14 for the month!!

maybe 14 for the day if i was passing out flyers!!
d3ity

Aug 7, 2007, 4:17 PM
None so far today, total of 21 this month, my goal is 90. Data per contract is at $14.81.

I don't cold call, I don't pass out flyers. I don't get paid to do that ****.
d3ity

Aug 7, 2007, 4:19 PM
BTW. Since I know you work from sprint raycarroll, do you waive your customer's ETF after you call them more than 25 times in a month?
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 4:20 PM
Get ready then to be F I R E D seeing how passive you are. Sales people are suppose to obtain new business via means like telemarketing as well as outreach opportunities.
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:23 PM
i've been with the company for 6 years and i think my job is pretty much stable...thanks for your 'concern' though.

by the way d3iety got ya with the last post!

sorry!
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 6:58 PM
It doesn't matter how long you've been employed with your wireless carrier. If your employer had any amount of cajones, they would deep six and terminate employees who fail to make all 100% of their company's KPIs at 100% to goal consistently.
DeepFryerDan

Aug 8, 2007, 7:16 AM
Sprint doesn't do that. Only one person in my store has hit quota every month this year (a different person each month) and none of us have any write-ups at all. We don't flier or do any outbound at all except maybe a tech day once a month.

Outbound is for the marketing team to complete; not us in-store rep's that have to actually do all the work for this wretched company.

Next time I hear someone from Sprint tell me they hit their numbers for the month because they were passing out fliers, I'll let you know.
d3ity

Aug 7, 2007, 4:31 PM
No thanks, I put up DAMN good numbers for this company and only started two months ago. I don't plan on stopping.
d3ity

Aug 7, 2007, 4:14 PM
Ok, so lets see. I'm supposed to cold call a bunch of customers. Right. let me just say **** THAT. Not only is it against my company's policy to cold call, it's against common decency.

I'll leave that **** to telesales. I am not telemarketing.
cellb1tch

Aug 7, 2007, 4:16 PM
i'm right there with ya!!!
Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 5:35 PM
Hey hey! We don't cold call either! We're inbound only... we're just hear to help the people too stupid to do it on-line or too lazy go to a store.
aconch01

Aug 7, 2007, 10:24 PM
i agreed
Wireless Buddy

Aug 8, 2007, 7:25 AM
I have to cold call. Otherwise I'd never get any customers. Nobody knows about our store.
Ray

Aug 8, 2007, 7:32 AM
I didn't mention cold calling. I said calling on existing customers for additional services.
kapwww

Aug 7, 2007, 6:12 PM
www.fark.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.