Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

That's a Pretty Good Plan, I'd go for it.

Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 9:51 AM
So I just had some old fart with no credit card arguing with me about the packages.

He finally told me that "Well Cingular goes up to 1500 minutes for less than $50 and they have rollover and the nights and weekends and they don't make you sign no contract."

"Well, sir, that's a pretty good deal."

What the hell do you expect me to say. You're full of horse pokey? If I could have gotten on AT&T's site I would have quoted them but our idiotic IT people block that one. Such a shame.

He got all snotty with me and hung up... it's not like I could have set him up anyways, he's got no credit card. He was also pissing and moaning about how it didn't say on the Tee Vee about no contract. (And how what we were doing wasn't legal and al...
(continues)
chkchkchk

Aug 1, 2007, 9:59 AM
If he knows that Cingular offers that plan, why's he bothering to shop with you?

And, quote me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cingular now the New AT&T?
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
Yes. I didn't bother telling him that Cingular doesn't exist as such anymore. Or that the package we were offering was $40 a month, and the fifty dollar version also gave you the free to your five favorites... which is better than rollover anyways.

So go to the Cingular store, the one that doesn't exist, and get yourself set up with a plan that doesn't exist and call you friends who don't exist and we'll all be much happier.

Here's an idea. You wouldn't need half as many minutes if you didn't spend twenty minutes arguing a point that doesn't have any other answer with a girly who has absolutely no control over it anyways. Spend less time pissing and complaining and you'll need fewer minutes!
chkchkchk

Aug 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
I'll bet he won't need a credit card over at the Cingular-Store-That-Doesn't-Exist!
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
Nope and no contract either!
TmoBrett

Aug 1, 2007, 3:26 PM
Can I get on that new Piss & Moan plan the one that is $0 a month and all my calls are free as long as I am complaining or yelling?
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 4:23 PM
Sure! It's through Cingular though so you'll have to go to the Cingular store! 🤣
BigShowJB

Aug 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
NO Cingular discontinued that one and Amp'd picked it up.and you get a free iPhone and $200 in downloads with it, too. Amp'd does send you as bill but you don't have to pay it.
shady24

Aug 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
I had some reporter come up to me yesterday and explain how he was doing research for an article on something about being happy/depressed with your job. Now, i'm a pretty damn blunt guy and i'm not happy with my job but i simply don't have the stories that you tell. You're the one he should be interviewing; god, i would love to see the look on his face if he ever met you and asked you if you were happy with your job. 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 10:32 AM
People have. I'm very honest. "Actually, I hate my job. But it pays."
mooiscoow

Aug 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I think he came over here. He was also mad he couldn't get an iPhone. He said that we had an ad for a free iPhone with that plan. Oh wait, just one of the millions of crazy people we talk to everyday.
DJ Parkay

Aug 1, 2007, 1:42 PM
Then why don't you quit?
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 2:37 PM
Why don't you pay attention? I've said this going on 20 times. I'm seriously going to keep a tally of the times that some... person... asks the same damn question that I have already answered countless times in the past?

I stay here because I'm in college. I need to be able to change my shifts around to accommodate my classes. I also need to be able to jump up to full time when summers tarts.

There are very few jobs in are area where that's possible, and even fewer that pay a livable wage. I'm stuck here. I was happy when it was accessories but last week the bastards who run this particular region of hell took that away as well.

I hate this F@#$ing job, with every fiber of my being, and even more so because I am stuck here. I...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Aug 1, 2007, 3:12 PM
Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?

Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?

Why dont you quit?

Why dont you quit?

Why dont you quit?

Why dont you quit?
Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you quit?Why dont you ...
(continues)
monkeyracer

Aug 1, 2007, 3:22 PM
too bad we can't pull off what they did in the movie "Office Space" and just not show up...

I hate my job too, but I don't post it all over the place here. If you don't want people asking why you don't quit, then stop giving them opportunities to ask it.
nuckingfuts

Aug 1, 2007, 5:21 PM
😳
biscuit

Aug 1, 2007, 5:25 PM
I never take her posts as an opportunity to ask her why she doesn't quit. It has been said many times before... but this is a forum for reps to vent about customers and other things relating to our work. Sometimes just taking a minute to write it all out on here makes ya feel better. I have ranted like mad before too. It is just what she likes to do to help deal with the ignorance that she has to deal with daily.
I enjoy her posts. They make me laugh usually.

I agree with the Office Space situation. If only acting like I didn't care would get me a promotion 🙂
Lapdog

Aug 2, 2007, 9:59 AM
Every single post of hers that I've read has been a gripe or complaint about something. I have yet to see anything enlightening written by her...but I admit I usually bypass her posts.

That being said, this looks like a symbiotic relationship, but she does complain alot. She uses the company for her convenience and a paycheck, but they use her warm body to fill a chair...

My advice is not to take everything so personally.

There is always the option to quit and work somewhere else and maybe be happier...
BigShowJB

Aug 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
I love Nik's posts ... it just gives me assurances that if my kids grow up and stay as stupid as they are now, they won't be the dumbest people in the world. Nik's customers will still be dumber.
DarkStar

Aug 1, 2007, 3:08 PM
You know Nikoletta, I have been a long time reader of phonescoop and especially your posts. I just want to thank you for your incredibly funny stores and giving me something do read when I have no customers.
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 3:14 PM
You're very welcome and I'm blushing.
DarkStar

Aug 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
oh and blushing. I think I am in love. lol
Webb

Aug 1, 2007, 3:17 PM
Yeah. He's BSing you on the plan. AT&T does not offer a $50 rate plan. They offer a 39.99 and a 59.99. The latter has 900 rollover minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, and unlimited night and weekends. National plan, of course.

You played that one well.
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 4:12 PM
It was hard to not start laughing at him. I knew he was full of crap but you can't out and say "Sir, that's a bunch of horse manure you're shoveling there."
Webb

Aug 1, 2007, 6:37 PM
It's funnier if you can hold a straight face anyways. ;)
BigShowJB

Aug 2, 2007, 11:29 AM
he might be grandfathered into an old plan and jst going month to month.
Nikoletta

Aug 2, 2007, 1:25 PM
I don't think so, he was talking about going down to get set up with service, which makes me think he hasn't got a mobile phone at the moment.
BigShowJB

Aug 2, 2007, 2:27 PM
Nikoletta said:
I don't think so, he was talking about going down to get set up with service, which makes me think he hasn't got a clue at the moment.

corrected

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.