Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 54 replies

Problems with Authorized Dealers?

MoZamboni

Jul 25, 2007, 8:17 PM
I know most of you work for company owned stores, and I have a quick question:

How many of you have to deal with moron dealers? The ones that are by me lie all the time (the list is LONG) and are generally stupid.

If you do have the misfortune of being next to these places, let me know your most awful examples!
cellphoneguy

Jul 25, 2007, 8:19 PM
its the same with corp dealers! i thinkn we have had this topic many times.
jarcher2828

Jul 31, 2007, 9:10 PM
Yeah the people at corp by my stores are pathetic!!! and yes we have had this conversation too many times now.
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 25, 2007, 8:36 PM
I work for a dealer, not COR, and I get more pissed off customers from COR stores then from my location or other authorized dealers. We have such better pricing and customer service then the COR location we dont have to lie. But there are some horrible T-Mobile resellers that are trained to lie to customers. I understand your frustration with some resellers but just because some are bad doesn't mean they all are. People from COR stores can be just as bad!
jarcher2828

Jul 31, 2007, 9:12 PM
EX of bad ones:

Snap
The Mobile solution
Mobile Majic

Are all terrible resellers that give us a bad rap.

But their are many good ones.
cellb1tch

Jul 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
we offer an unlimited plan that covers the entire state. since we live close to a state line, you can go with one state or the other depending on which state you live in. our f'in stupid uneducated wal-mart dealer always puts them on the wrong state and when they get a $900 bill the dumb a$$ dealer tells them they have to come to the retail store cause they can't fix it. so i have to waste an hour of my time (while the other reps are getting sales) and tell them that wal-mart messed it up and if they would have gotten the phone in the retail store we would have set it up right. they say yeah well they sell their phones for a lot less and we know that you'll just fix it anyway, so we're gonna keep getting our new lines from there. i've a...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jul 26, 2007, 12:18 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

That's when it sucks to be a corporate location. If you were an agent you could just send them back to wal-mart.
ajstrong

Jul 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
I LOVE sending random CS issues that I can't handle back to corp, even when I could possibly handle it...or just give them a number.

most of the time, I attempt to get the custie set up in my store, so they won't have to deal with the crap from corp, but on some occasions, I enjoy sending demeaning customers over to the corp store. they deserve each other.
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
I concur with that. The people at corp around here are a holes. I help nice customers but when someone throws down a bill and tells me to fix it I see if they need to add text messaging or data, if not off to corp you go!
frankiewawa

Jul 26, 2007, 3:31 PM
Lol I got a good laugh out of that one. So true! thats what the big mighty corp guys get paid to do right? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cellb1tch

Jul 28, 2007, 9:29 AM
you know what you guys are right, we do get paid more, we also get trained more, we're also smarter, and work at REAL stores, we understand the plans and the way the company works.

you guys work for people who couldn't make it in the corporate store and decided that didn't want to deal with the customers so they thought, "i'm gonna buy my own phones and sell the service and hire incompetent idiots to work for me and screw the stupid people that come into my store."

thanks for verifying all my thoughts about agents.

sorry for the agents out there who are educated and know what they are doing cause i know there are a few of you out there.
iRawesome

Jul 28, 2007, 4:20 PM
Agents know that there are honest trustworthy corporate employees out there.

Unfortunately, I have never met one.
Nautic812

Jul 28, 2007, 4:30 PM
Employees of Agents are under paid big time. Why don't they just work for the corps? I worked for an agent for one company and then i went to work for the actual corp itself and I more then doubled my salary. Now if i owned something like "Bobs Happy Cell Phones" that may be a different story. I could pay my employees 7 dollars an hour and pennies for each phone they sold. Now ive seen people at dearlers make a ton but they do work their @sses off for it
aavera

Jul 28, 2007, 6:06 PM
Nautic812 said:
Why don't they just work for the corps?

1. I am not a sleaze ball. The local cor store here is full of those (I know not all cor stores are that way, just like not all indirects are that way)

2.I am a premiere agent- there isn't a whole lot I can't do.

3.I am pretty sure the $30 more a paycheck I get wouldn't be worth it

4.I don't have quota's to meet (we have goals and we bonus if we get them...we don't get written up or fired if we don't)

5.The company I work for offers a lot of great incentives (i.e. company paid trips we can earn)
jetaudio77

Jul 31, 2007, 11:31 AM
The dealer I work for has some huge advantages:

1.) Premier Rep

2.) Contests all the time for bonus money

3.) A lot of employees here can make 100K a year

4.) A lot of young guys (23+) are able to own their own stores through our president.

5.) Company paid vacation contests.
just_asking

Jul 31, 2007, 12:05 PM
Who do you work for and can I get a job! ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
paddyoc

Jul 31, 2007, 12:24 PM
click on his screen name....it's in the profile. I know b/c I already looked.
jarcher2828

Jul 31, 2007, 9:34 PM
I work for an agent and make about the same as corp. I am able to take any day off i want, Normally if i need the next day off it is rarely a problem. I don't have to deal with "upper management" I manage 2 stores and Just have to answer to the owner, who i am personal friends with. It is way better to work for an agent especially if you are going to school.
ralph_on_me

Jul 31, 2007, 1:23 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

I'm sorry I missed this over the weekend.
cellphoneguy

Jul 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
im always fixing there mess and now i dont care.i tell custys they cant pay there bills here and then i send them to radio shack. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
ajstrong

Jul 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
aww, meanie ๐Ÿ˜‰

they have to pay and extra $5 for paying at RS, but those stupid enough to do so EVERY MONTH and complain while doing it need to educate themselves.
d3ity

Jul 28, 2007, 5:23 PM
Ratshack and walmart should not even be considered agents. They do not sell phones, they sell batteries and 40lb bags of fish sticks. Anyone who gets thier phone at ratshack or walmart should understand that they are dealing with a clerk, and not someone who knows dick about phones.

I used to work at ratshack. We knew dick. Sprint activations were always in the wrong market, ATT was the only company we could competently activate... Even then, we didn't qualify customers for features they could use, we just sold them three useless accessories and prayed it wouldn't be a chargeback.
just_asking

Jul 29, 2007, 1:43 PM
Hey,

I work for the shack! and just because you were not trained correctly by your manager, don't put me in your same boat. The corp store in our SC and us send each other customers because we know what we are doing.

They are good and bad reps in corp, rat shack, wal-mart and any other 3rd party site. Don't lump please! Just say their are some crappy clerks at our local wal-mart/ratshack etc.
d3ity

Jul 29, 2007, 2:59 PM
Oh, I was trained correctly. When you work at ratshack, you're a somewhat educated clerk. You don't recieve half the training you should have to be ****ing with peoples accounts. Thier training is broad and general. It has to be, they give the same training to every rep in the country. The nuances of each area (markets etc), aren't really gone over in depth. If you're lucky, someone at your store knows what the hell theyre doing. Unfortunatley with a turnover rate as high as ratshack has, it's doubtful that someone stays long enough to be able to impart thier wisdom (That they learned through creating some major ****ups) upon the trainees.
just_asking

Jul 29, 2007, 5:04 PM
I'll repeat, if you don't have the correct training, blame the manager, dm, and cell phone rep. The tools are there. Unless you have been there less than 60-90 days there is no excuse for not knowing how to correctly sell a phone without screwing the customer.
Wireless Buddy

Jul 31, 2007, 1:10 PM
Since when did Radioshack sell fish sticks? ๐Ÿคฃ
chkchkchk

Jul 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
I work in a call center for a regional carrier... so for the most part, if I have to deal with a dealer, its someone from an owned store.

That being said, they like to try to pass their work off onto me. I keep a Black List of names of dealers whose work I refuse to do for them.
cellphoneguy

Jul 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
im i on ur black list?
chkchkchk

Jul 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
Probably not. ๐Ÿ˜‰
cellphoneguy

Jul 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
๐Ÿ˜ข
chkchkchk

Jul 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
Its a good thing that you're probably not on my black list.
cellphoneguy

Jul 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
o yeah duh ๐Ÿคญ
mooiscoow

Jul 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
I am one, and I get all the crap from COR. You know that COR actually try to get us in trouble because customer would want to disconnect their service and come over, and have me set it up for them. I guess it also depends on the company.
yoboy8

Jul 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
i hate our...ALLTEL ...call center cause ill call with a problem that only they can fix and yes i have called in be for and had this minor issue fixed be for and some idiot answers and tells me he or she cant do and just lies directly over the phone to me....i wounder somtimes how lazy u can really get sitting at a desk all day ... ๐Ÿคจ
sckoisks17

Jul 26, 2007, 5:38 PM
I work for a third-party dealer (SCKiosks, which is a RadioShack store), and I hear a lot of complaints about the corporate stores. An Alltel store nearby likes to try to get their custys into plans/add-ons that they don't need, let alone want. Sometimes I get people coming in here saying they had a text messaging package or an insurance package on their bill that they never asked for. The Sprint store down the road gives people false prices on their phones, and when the custy sees that they're being charged more, the salespeople say "Oh, that's just the activation fee." Bull. And of course, the neumorous complaints I get about the customer service at corporate stores. Some of them don't even bother to talk to customers unless they're ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jul 26, 2007, 5:43 PM
Some of the corporate area reps were making a training video in one of our stores (because we're an agent and our stores look nicer and cleaner than their's). They used other corporate employees in the video and there one of them was a store manager who said flat out he never discloses prices or fees to the customer until the point of sale.

That **** wouldn't fly at one of our agent locations.
cellb1tch

Jul 28, 2007, 10:04 AM
that is kinda funny.

i would have kicked them out.

(and i work in a corporate store!)
iRawesome

Jul 26, 2007, 8:37 PM
You're an ass. We get complaints about corporate all the time. STFU
frankiewawa

Jul 27, 2007, 9:20 AM
haha OWNED ๐Ÿ˜ณ
d3ity

Jul 28, 2007, 5:20 PM
Yeah, I'll second that, almost everyone who walks into my store tells me that they've been burned by corporate. My last customer, (he got a blackberry 8830, unlimited data plan, two added lines for his kids upgraded with childzone) Walked in the store and said.

"Look, I was just at the verizon store across the street, I waited 30 minutes for them to tell me that I could not activate a blackberry on my family plan. Is that true?"

We also get customers who come in checking thier upgrade date, because corporate told them they had to wait another year, and forgot to mention that primary lines on qualifying price plans can upgrade at 12 months.

I also have to deal with you ****stains at corporate badmouthing my store. Claiming we sell r...
(continues)
Wireless Buddy

Jul 31, 2007, 1:08 PM
I also have to deal with you ****stains at corporate badmouthing my store. Claiming we sell refurbished phones. We have never sold a single refurb phone. We don't buy our phones through vzw, we buy them through the manufacturer, which means we beat them on price 99.9% of the time.

You could probably sue them.
MoZamboni

Jul 31, 2007, 5:51 PM
Honestly, with VZW, agents really aren't that bad.

In my case, GSM authorized dealers are often a pain in the @$$ to deal with because they can get unlocked phones which often times are bought from Hong Kong and cannot be serviced by the manufacturer, and work like crap, even though they look EXACTLY the same as NA models. But because of their sh***y return policies (48 hours???), they have no choice but to come to us after the phone poops out. CDMA auth. dealers might not be so bad, but you GSM jerks need to get a F'in clue.

Most times, they deserve to get shiat on - some dealers can't find a damn power button on a phone. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
MoZamboni

Jul 31, 2007, 5:36 PM
NO, you are an ASS, authorized dealers are the spoiled rotten children of the cellular family. I seriously doubt you would be any different judging by your mature response.

( AKA You = ๐Ÿคค )

Few dealers turn out to be OK or very helpful, even though they have alot more freedom to do what they want. That small amount resist temptation and do what they can do, and if they can't do it, as is often the case, you pass them on to us - the ones who actually took a class or five.

The truth of the matter is that most of you take advantage of that extra freedom and screw over customers and pretend like you know something about this industry. Customers may lie alot - but copies of contracts, inability to FIND THE POWER BUTTON on a phone,...
(continues)
h2odamage

Jul 27, 2007, 2:43 PM
I've been working in both Corporate and Authorized dealers for Verizon for over 4 years now. When someone comes into my store complaining about our competition, or how horrible their service is, all I really hear is "Boo hoo I didn't get what I wanted at that Authorized/Cor store!"

We spend all this time bashing customers over their stupidity, but at the moment they talk **** about someone else, we listen intently, believing the same bullshit they feed us about their phone not being liquid damaged, or owed a free phone with no contract.

WAKE UP!

Cor stores get **** for their tech dept/cust service dept not giving custs that which they don't deserve, and auth dealers get probably some of the shadiest people I've ever seen.
nuckingfuts

Jul 27, 2007, 4:20 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ

Wait, are you saying that customers lie?

Are you sure?

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
cellb1tch

Jul 28, 2007, 10:13 AM
customers don't lie.

the customer is ALWAYS right.
cingagent

Jul 28, 2007, 3:42 PM
Well, you all know how to tell when a customer is lying right?

When their lips move ๐Ÿ˜‰
nuckingfuts

Jul 28, 2007, 6:11 PM
I thought that applied to all women....

๐Ÿคญ
dilligaff1

Jul 28, 2007, 9:36 PM
Nooooo!!! Customers don't lie. We just forget what we told them about a NEW FREE PHONE WITH FREE SERVICE FOR 4 MONTHS
MoZamboni

Jul 31, 2007, 7:57 PM
I would consider it, but a dealer code and a bill that looks like this, along with no evidence of features changed since activation:

Dealer Code- IR55IQ -dumb@$$ dealer code

704-xxx-xxxx (ONLY LINE)

BASIC PLAN - $40
N&W SUB 0 - $0 (NOT A SUBLINE!)
TXT 2000 OLDASS - $20 (OLD FEATURE does not work with new plan)

ANYTIME MINS USED - 450
OFFPEAK - 1000
SMS TOTAL - 1203

OVERAGE - $500.00
SMS - $300.75

TOTAL - $860.75

OMG! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! THE CUSTOMER OBVIOUSLY LIED AFTER HE HACKED THE SERVER!!!!

๐Ÿ™„
brentgodwin

Jul 27, 2007, 3:31 PM
This thread is going to get long. There have been many discussions about this before.

I am an authorized agent. The only complaint I have with anyone at my carrier's Customer Care line is that they don't take the extra time to inform the customer that I am not a COR store. I have people coming into my store every day saying that Customer Care said that you could exchange my phone that I got from them for me for whatever reason.
yeahright

Jul 27, 2007, 4:14 PM
Look there are stupid people in the world, and even though they are stupid they still have to get a job so they can feed their stupid families and raise the morons of tomorrow. With that said the problem is not what sales channel they work in, all channels have some stupid people. I can make a massive list of issues I have had with corp and CS, but I realize their are morons in the world and then you will feel much better about it. FYI I hang on CS and call back to get another person about 1-5 times every week because the person I got has no clue what they are doing or talking about. So don't generalize on here please
eli14v

Jul 28, 2007, 3:55 PM
I WORK FOR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER. I KNOW I AM NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON. BUT WE ARE VERY GOOD IN COSTUMER SERVICE. THAT IS THE BIGGEST FOCUS IN THE COMPANY. DON'T JUDGE EVERYONE FOR ONE STUPID PERSON. I WOULD HAVE ASSUMED YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THAT.
phonemechanic

Jul 28, 2007, 4:45 PM
eli14v said:
I KNOW I AM NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON.

This gets my vote for understatement of the year ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
eli14v

Jul 28, 2007, 6:07 PM
very funny ha ha ha ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.