Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Day one of the merge.....AT&T and Cingular

cellphone gurl

Nov 15, 2004, 11:20 PM
What a nightmare!!! I work for AT&T or now Cingular. Today we were given migration tools and told to migrate people to cingular but they forgot to tell us how to use the tools and what rate plans were available. I'm sure you can imagine how much fun that was. no one and I mean NO ONE knew what was going on. I spent 8 hours on the phone not counting lunch or breaks and only took 11 calls that's how long each call was.we were far from slow today. the thought buying us cake and powerade and decorating our center with balloons would smooth things over....right
bradleyt78

Nov 16, 2004, 10:03 AM
I work for Cingular (formerly AT&T) as well. Although there were hiccups with the systems, they seemed to be ironed out by the end of the day. I look forward to today. Cellphone gurl, maybe you need to look elsewhere for a job! It's wireless and it changes every day!! The merger is the best thing that could've happened to AT&T considering the direction it was going (due to the lack of direction from upper management). The New Cingular will offer you growth and opportunity if you stay focused and do what is best for the customer -- which will in-turn lead to the pay raise you feel you deserve. Hang on and keep your head up! 🤣
ShunAsa

Nov 16, 2004, 1:37 PM
yeah right...what pamphlet did you get that out of?
greyrat

Nov 22, 2004, 1:04 AM
I'll be happy when individual/personal customers aren't flagged as business and can be migrated to cingular in the store, when the reps in my call center get training in policy that is more than 20 minutes of some floor walker telling us that the procedure 'Is pretty much self explanatory',When I am sufficiently familiar with Cingular rate plans etc that I am confident that I know what the hell I am talking about, when the call flow is such that people in the 'tiger team'(and I can't tell you how much I hatehatehate that title)are getting more than 3 calls/per hour and regular care isn't getting slammed... etc etc
I honestly don't think that the ptb's at newCingular thought the mechanics of the merger through, and it looks like no one in IT...
(continues)
legacyblue2

Nov 22, 2004, 1:27 AM
🙂 I know excatly what you mean. It didnt help that the systems kept going down and people were being routed over to the wrong queue!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.