Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

First time I have been scared to work in a store alone (long)

lexi0707

Jul 23, 2007, 5:30 PM
C-I need a new phone.

M-Ok sir do you currently have service with us?

C-Yes

M-Ok sir what is your cellphone number?

C-555-555-5555

M-Ok sir you are not eligible for an upgrade at this time however you are still in your warrenty period. We could do an....(customer interrupts)

C-No I just want a new phone, how much would it cost?

M-It would be the full retail value on one, however we could replace for free with the same type just by (interrupts again)

C-How much is the razr?

M-$364.99

C-Thats bullsh!t, your telling me I have to pay $400.00 for a phone?

M-No sir, you can get a new phone for free but it has to be the same kind you have now.

C-Thats not fair. This phone doesn't work. You should treat your custo...
(continues)
attwork

Jul 23, 2007, 5:36 PM
not at all....you shouldn't have to feel physically intimidated by a customer....

its actually part of the contract customers sign that we can cancel their service for things like that. (threatening employees).
lexi0707

Jul 23, 2007, 5:39 PM
Thats what I thought but I was just making sure. Thanks
mooiscoow

Jul 23, 2007, 5:40 PM
If you ever feel frighten, call security or lock the door base on your location.
lexi0707

Jul 23, 2007, 5:45 PM
There is no security and the only door is the one leading outside. ☚ī¸
Nikoletta

Jul 23, 2007, 6:14 PM
Then call the police.
dilligaff1

Jul 24, 2007, 8:42 AM
Just kick 'em in the sack 😈
Nikoletta

Jul 24, 2007, 10:02 PM
Actually, here's what's funny, that doesn't always work well. If a guy has been kicked there before or is just particularly tough that may not help as much.

Gouge out their eyes. People panic FAR MORE if you go for the eyes, if you can bury your finger to the knuckle and puncture or damage the eye. Most guys are more expecting a strike to the groin anyways, since it's well known as a sensitive area, they're not expecting you to go for the eyes.
dilligaff1

Jul 24, 2007, 10:48 PM
True. But being a Texan, we still waer "spurs" on our boots. A good swift back kick wil penetrate any "leather" sack đŸ¤Ŗ
Nikoletta

Jul 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
There is that but I will still go for the eyes... it's a genderless attack too, the 'little cowboy' only works on guys

(Ok, that was a horrible joke, I'm very sorry.)
dilligaff1

Jul 25, 2007, 7:38 PM
No good joke. but I've found it works on all genders 😲
firecollector

Feb 20, 2008, 5:39 PM
You know what they call people who work in stores unarmed.......targets!
rico_mambo88

Feb 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
would've been interesting if you called the cops. people like that should be castrated.
Tmo Slave

Feb 14, 2008, 4:53 PM
look at the date...I don't think it really matters anymore. Stop raising the dead with your necro posts.
chainsaw

Jul 23, 2007, 5:49 PM
The only thing you did wrong was not get the sale.
lexi0707

Jul 23, 2007, 5:53 PM
There wasn't a sale to make. The company doesn't like selling for straight out.
chainsaw

Jul 23, 2007, 5:55 PM
Ha ha, I know I'm just jokin around 😛
mr bluetoof

Jul 23, 2007, 5:54 PM
actually when a customer says they will not leave without a free phone they have attempted strong arm robbery

you could have told him to wait here and gone to the back called 911 and tell them someone in the store is trying to rob you
Ray

Jul 23, 2007, 6:27 PM
You should have whipped out your two Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .40 S&W's from behind the counter and yelled "Say hello to my two little friends!" before laying down some serious heat Akimbo style. Nothing says sexy like a girl packing some cold S&W steel. 😉
Seriously though, you did the right thing. No employee should ever be forced to feel physically threatened. I'd call your manager and let him know how everything went down with this customer and I do hope he files a security incident report with coporate security. BTW, what wireless carrier do you you rep for Lexi?
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Jul 24, 2007, 4:52 PM
agreed
lexi0707

Jul 25, 2007, 9:08 AM
I emailed my manager about what happend and still have not received a response. Im guessing he doesnt feel its that important.
Webb

Jul 24, 2007, 1:00 AM
Nothing wrong at all. The customer stooped to the level of personal insults, and things were just going around in idiotic circles at one point.

There's no reason anyone should have to put up with that, service industry or not.

If I'd been in your shoes, I'd certainly have asked him to leave. And then I'd have picked up the phone and called the cops to have him removed for trespassing if he resisted. If he'd gotten 'tough' about it, I'd have cheerfully signed a witness statement that the fellow 'uttered threats'.

I used to be shy about such notions once. When I first moved away from home I had a night shift job working alone in this gas station/convenience store and I had some real dipshits wander in. Initially I was quite shy about ...
(continues)
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Jul 24, 2007, 4:50 PM
You let him LIVE! Lol. I know exactly the type of confrontational customer. I use to have to deal with them all the time when I worked at a Pawnshop, the only difference was that they knew we were armed lol. Its amazing at how much better people behave when they know that. I think you should have maced him 😛 😈
DJ Parkay

Jul 25, 2007, 9:20 PM
Yea you did something wrong. You should have cussed him and spit in his face.
labellavita

Feb 14, 2008, 4:35 PM
I had a lady and her probably 7 or 8 year old son come in. this lady had come in several times and raised her voice and sworn so I was ready for the fight. She complains everytime about her bill being high and not being able to get through to cust service(funny how when I offered to try for her I got right through) She had about $100 in text messaging charges and demanded that I credit it. I told her that there was no way I could credit those charges. She freaked out and was screaming and swearing at me. I asked her repeatedly to lower her voice but that only seemed to make it worse. Finally I told her if she didnt leave I was going to have to call the cops. She tells me go right ahead because she wants to make a complaint about how I...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Feb 14, 2008, 4:52 PM
No necro posting damn it most of these people are not even around anymore.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.