Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

iPhone customers... how I hate thee...

ralph_on_me

Jul 11, 2007, 4:53 PM
I've had a freakin sign up right next to my door since a week before this thing came out. It says iPhone in a large font on the top. Beneath that, it says that we do not carry the iPhone, nor will we ever. Then it lists the nearby locations that do carry it.

People still walk in and just blurt out, "Do you guys have the iPhone?" and then freak out when I tell them no.
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 4:56 PM
gotta love stupid people, they never read anything they just see the picture of the phone and ASSume you have it 😎
sprint_dude_87

Jul 11, 2007, 4:58 PM
From all the bad stuff I've heard about the iPhone, I can't see why ANY carrier would want to sell it.
Guy Montag

Jul 11, 2007, 5:00 PM
Its all anti-Iphone hype. Its actually a pretty cool device. Once you see and play with one, you'll understand. Then again maybe you will disagree. I hate that I do not get to carry it, but still think its an awesome little phone.
vonzippy04

Jul 11, 2007, 5:04 PM
ya i love the iphone! they dont give it enough credit! the commercials dont do it justice! other carriers are just jealous 🤣
Ric_Att

Jul 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
yea thats exactly what it is..they are talking about all these problems we are supposedly having..i havent had one customer walk in with a problem yet..they're just haters!
Guy Montag

Jul 11, 2007, 4:57 PM
"What? Why not, your ATT aren't you? You mean I have to drive all the way over there? Well could you tell me what kind of a price break I get for being an ATT customer?"

Something like that right? I think I am going to start telling them its free after rebate just to piss off the local cor. I get tired of these lame asses yelling at me for the price point. 🙄
ralph_on_me

Jul 11, 2007, 5:18 PM
🤣 Good idea! I really can't wait for the new signs with our company name on it.
krickt

Jul 11, 2007, 5:06 PM
I'm a CDMA dealer, and I get several people a week asking when we are getting the iPhone. You should see full grown women and men actually cry when they hear it will be 2-5 years before ANYONE besides ATT gets it and probably not a CDMA carrier. There are some cool wifi/IE/UTUBE phones in the works. It will be better for everyone (and vastly more profitable when Apple is not involved) if they can be patient. Trust me, you don't want to sell Apple products the profit margin on them is insignificant at best.
ralph_on_me

Jul 11, 2007, 5:21 PM
Oh, I know. I'm glad I'm not selling it. I put the sign up so I wouldn't have to deal with the people wanting one. They cut agents out of this deal because there is no profit off selling the phone (at least on the store level), so even if I did carry it I wouldn't push it because I'd make squat off selling it.
krickt

Jul 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
That, and Apple will make you jump through so many hoops to qualify to sell it that you will be in the negative profit for years (that's assuming that you sell more than 1 a month for 2 years). I despise Apple. Anyone who sells their products makes no money off of them. They say we make money off of the accessory sales, but if you sell genuine Apple products, you make less than 5% profit, and Apple doesn't want you to sell non Apple accessories.
ajstrong

Jul 12, 2007, 11:00 AM
heck, it cost the RS store I worked at $293 to sell a $300 iPod, and the old shuffles were discounted in price, not cost, so selling them was actually biting you in the cheeks.

and our superiors wanted more Appple products.
krickt

Jul 12, 2007, 2:07 PM
Yeah, and I'm a dealership, which means that money comes out of my kid's college fund. They did that to us with the Sirius products, which we refuse to sell through RS ever again. They did it with Direct TV, and they try to do it with the new LG and other brand DLP tv's. They try every year to get us in deep with Apple and then wonder why we have no trust in their managerial skills. For heaven's sake, the corporate stores are losing money on Apple, and I'm supposed to jump on that bandwagon?
krickt

Jul 12, 2007, 2:09 PM
That's what I mean, after going through all of Apple's training, buying the required $10K of inventory and display, you are in the negative. If they change models on you, you start all over, so you can never get in the black with Apple in your store.
Foamy

Jul 11, 2007, 5:27 PM
Just point at the sign when they ask. Don't even say anything, just point at it.
ralph_on_me

Jul 11, 2007, 5:29 PM
I think the part that says "iPhone not sold at this location" would confuse them.
Foamy

Jul 11, 2007, 5:43 PM
Maybe it'll confuse them enough to just leave.
robtheman

Jul 11, 2007, 5:58 PM
They won't give in until you're thoroughly confused as to why they're standing in your store to begin with.
yeahright

Jul 12, 2007, 9:58 AM
Just tell them that they will not let you carry it because you would not charge $300 over cost for it on a new contract. Because you are not in the business of ripping your cusotmers off they will not allow you to have the device in your location but you have plenty of other phones you would be happy to subsidise for them.

Because that is the only reason they will not let retailes or agents have it, because they now have complete control over the pricing. You could advertise those things for $400 and still make a larger cut then any other phone in your inventory once you count the contract discount in.
Ric_Att

Jul 12, 2007, 1:21 PM
i feel you on this...we have a restaurant right next door to us, and people are just so stupid and open out door, just to realize "hey where is the food?"...and then the funny thing is they get all pissy about it..oh im sorry let me move my store out of your way..stupid idiots..the funny thing is that they walk past the resuaturants dooor, then past a huge att sign in front of our door..and then still walk in here..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.