Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint or Verizon

JayNSilentBob

Jul 10, 2007, 9:25 PM
As a Call Center rep which company do you think is the best? Just a curious question I currenty work for AT&T and have for about 2 years but I have call centers for all the others, which is the best company to work for??
sckoisks17

Jul 10, 2007, 9:33 PM
I've only sold Sprint (I work in an indirect retailer, we sell Sprint/Nextel, Cell One and Alltel) and honestly, I prefer selling Alltel and Cell One over Sprint. Sprint's indirect retail activations line sucks, I sit on the line for 30-45 minutes just to do an activation. We have an online activation service, but it can't access any business acounts or any account that has an employer/credit union discount on it, so that makes things difficult.
mallbound

Jul 11, 2007, 1:39 AM
See if they can give you guys access to SNAP via the INC login. As long as the customer is an ensemble account, SNAP will do most things besides a CL account.
cellphoneguy

Jul 11, 2007, 4:51 PM
so glad we have snap cause fdt used to piss me off! ( see gravater )
vonzippy04

Jul 11, 2007, 5:16 PM
i work for an indirect dealer for at&t. Im pretty happy with this company and proud to be a part of the whole iphone craze!
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 10:22 AM
My room mate works for Virgin Mobile (by way of an outsource like mine) and it seems like he has a much better day on the whole than I do. He's customer care so he just helps add money to accounts and explains why accounts are out of minutes.

I'm sure he gets yelled at a fair amount but in the end as long as he's polite and honest it doesn't matter...

The reason I wish I worked with him... they're allowed pen, paper, and books. I miss being able to doodle and draw and write.
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 5:01 PM
you cant write on paper at work?
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 5:20 PM
Nope, no pens or paper or anything of the sort.
attwork

Jul 11, 2007, 5:22 PM
thats crazy....you sure your not in prison?

they think if they give you pens you will go off and start shanking people...?

i understand why that do that (to prevent fraud?). but thats a bit ridiculous. 😕
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2007, 5:25 PM
It's the same reason here... I'm in the same call center as the telesales people and even my department routinely bills to account so we constantly have information like credit cards, social security numbers and anything else needed to commit some severe identity theft.

So we get none of it. Also we are totally unable to e-mail out of the call center, not even to other departments.
chaurmane

Jul 11, 2007, 5:23 PM
WTF? I'd have a fit. I write all kinds of s***t down all day, credit card numbers, mdn's, esn's, checking account info, and you guys cant? thats f**k**g crazy!
JayNSilentBob

Jul 11, 2007, 5:28 PM
attwork said:
you cant write on paper at work?

EGS is moving in the same direction if you didnt know 😲

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.