Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Can you clarify for me?

SLRMcLaren

Jul 6, 2007, 3:21 PM
Me: Yes I'd be happy to get this cleared up. You started your service mid cycle so your service was prorated...

C: Ok...so can you clarify that?

Me: What is it that needs clarification?

C: Why was my bill prorated?

Me: As i stated, you started mid billing cycle so we charge you for the time that you had it until your cycle closed. Additionally you are billed in advance so we charged you for your next month of service before you use it to ensure you can continue without service interruption...

C: Ok... so can you clarify why it was prorated?

This went on for a good 10 minutes before I transferred him back to queue. Is proration difficult to understand? The worst part is, it lays it out right on his bill... Tells him exa...
(continues)
mallbound

Jul 6, 2007, 3:26 PM
Ya know, I've always thought that IQ tests would work ten times better than most credit checks.
nuckingfuts

Jul 6, 2007, 3:52 PM
I wish..........

I have a better idea, I am going to put a rock on my desk with a sign that says "You must be smarter than this rock to open account today"

Problem solved........ of cuorse, if I did that I wouldnt have any customers!!!

🙄
poweredup

Jul 6, 2007, 4:08 PM
hell i have to go even farther than that, i have to tell them "ok, you have 30days in a month, you start on the 15th, they will charge you from the 15th to the 30th (proration charges (which they seem to get)).then you will be charged ahead 30days. they go from 😳 what? to 😲 oooooo i get it!!
mallbound

Jul 6, 2007, 4:14 PM
I just tell them, on the next bill they will have the normal charge plus the amount from today to the end of your bill cycle (which is of course different than their bill due date which only adds to the confusion). Basically its gonna be a bit more. They usually get it and if not I tell them that the local corporate store explains it better than me... 😈
poweredup

Jul 6, 2007, 4:17 PM
lol so YOUR the one sending them here 😛
mallbound

Jul 6, 2007, 4:19 PM
I uh had uh a system problem, yeah... 👀
V4Vengeance

Jul 6, 2007, 4:26 PM
You have to phrase it like this: "OK so like right now, we're in the middle of the month. So we're gonna charge ya up 'til the 30th, that li'l bit of extra time to catch up to the official start time of your bill. Then it starts for real charging a whole month's worth. Ahead of time. And it'll go on like that from then on, normally. Got it?"

"Yeah!" 😉
kapwww

Jul 7, 2007, 11:36 AM
I've got some customers who are dumb a rocks but they pay every bill on time and don't complain about anything. I'd lose a ton of money on the IQ test...
PhoneyName

Jul 6, 2007, 3:48 PM
I find that small, non-technical words help.

"They set your billing date, and they charge you from today to that date and through the next month. They always charge you a month ahead so you can keep service."

Words like "billing cycle", "proration", and "continuous service" usually just get that blank stare. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.