Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Deaf People Can be Perverts Too...(long)

BeckyMobile

Jul 6, 2007, 1:14 PM
So I'm sitting here happily opening my tills this morning and I get a phone call about 10 minutes before we open.

I usually ignore these calls until 10 am but I'm in a pretty good mood, I'm done opening, and I'm alone in the store so I figure I'll answer.

It was a relay call from a deaf person. You know the kind where you talk "through" the operator?

Well it goes well at first; says he's from the Deaf Alliance of RandomState and he wants to move over 19 lines from Sprint...I'm going on vacation this month and that would pretty much put me at my reduced quota so needless to say I'm getting a little excited.

We go over the details and he says great he'll bring the Tax ID and Sprint info.

Then this happens:
O=Operator (speaking ...
(continues)
HDkiosk

Jul 6, 2007, 1:45 PM
wow it amazes me that some people are such disgusting humans. the worst part is that prob didnt find anything wrong with what he said, he should be shot
DJ Parkay

Jul 6, 2007, 2:00 PM
Yea but if the two of them were in a bar that conversation probably would have been ok. Its al about the context I guess.
HDkiosk

Jul 6, 2007, 1:51 PM
i'm surprised the operator actually repeated what he said
BeckyMobile

Jul 6, 2007, 1:55 PM
Yeah its probably something they have to do as part of the service...makes me wonder if they ever have to communicate huge arguments or consensual "dirty" conversations...LOL
DJ Parkay

Jul 6, 2007, 2:01 PM
Probably.
cellb1tch

Jul 7, 2007, 10:01 AM
...if they ever get turned on by doin' that?
nuckingfuts

Jul 6, 2007, 3:48 PM
It's the law, the operator *MUST* repeat everything exactly the way it is said

Still.......... you got to wonder...
DJ Parkay

Jul 6, 2007, 4:19 PM
I highly doubt theres a law about it. Probably an internal policy from the company.
Nikoletta

Jul 8, 2007, 7:25 PM
Nope, it's law. It's part of the equal access laws... The relay operator MUST repeat, exactly, what is typed on the other end by the deaf caller. It doesn't matter if it's obscene, or even illegal. They are legally required to basically pretend that they don't exist, that the conversation is taking place solely between the Deaf Caller and the party being called. They have managers who will intercede if they feel it is necessary (had it happen to me) but only in cases of suspected fraud.

An ASL comedian makes some jokes actually, about Deaf people having phone sex and the difference between the typed (IP and TTY/TDD) relay and Video (with an interpretor instead of an operator) Relay. It's pretty funny (His name is Keith Wann, he's hea...
(continues)
monkeyracer

Jul 6, 2007, 6:10 PM
He wasn't deaf, he was bored.

My old roommate's friend used to do this all the time. (they found the service since his roommate really was deaf)

The relay rep has to say exactly what is typed. (Although some don't...)

He got the girl to say some really ridiculous things. (You can also tell if the rep is male of female when you connect.)

It's stupid and annoying, and a waste of time and money...
craptacularwireless

Jul 6, 2007, 6:18 PM
If a persond is an asshole, they're an asshole, regardless if they're "normal" or "differently abled".
robtheman

Jul 6, 2007, 6:19 PM
Does that mean you get to push them out of their wheelchair?
craptacularwireless

Jul 6, 2007, 6:21 PM
Yes, if they are being dicks. They want to be treated as equals, right?
BeckyMobile

Jul 6, 2007, 6:33 PM
Well the main emphasis was that due to his handicap he made someone else participate in the weirdness. THAT'S the part that really floored me. 😁
jestcuzzgrl

Jul 6, 2007, 8:03 PM
My cousin was best friends with this deaf girl. He ended up messing with her Anyways to make a long story short she always told him about the other guys and she is a big ho....
OfAMightDivine

Jul 6, 2007, 8:21 PM
jestcuzzgrl said:
she is a big ho....

Do you got her number? 😁
jestcuzzgrl

Jul 6, 2007, 8:00 PM
🤣 Later perv..
ErikaMarie

Jul 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
a prank. I've gotten a few of those.
Gemini

Jul 7, 2007, 10:41 AM
it was the operator all along and it was one big prank...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.