Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

am i a bad employee?

foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 1:41 PM
ok i hate my job...start off with that. not selling the phones, or even the mean custys (cuz its my fault), but the fact that i have to deal with all of that and not get paid my commission. i get 1200 a month before taxes for 15 days of work (11 hour days). any extra days i work, which is a lot cuz like 4 people quit, i dont get paid (except the commision i make). however, in order to get paid on commision i have to hit 40 points (highest in my mall right now is me and i hit 30 last month). so now that ive vented on my situation, am i an asshole if i take a job with another carrier and put in my two weeks? im nervous becasue they have no one to work and i dont want to screw them, but other people that quit said they will screw me in a ...
(continues)
Foamy

Jul 5, 2007, 1:50 PM
Honestly, no.

The company I work for made a pretty good legacy of screwing their employees. Most recently a change they made cost them about 5 employees (of a total of 11 to begin with). I was one of the few that stayed so far and it only got worse. I found a new job and put my notice in.

I know it's going to royally screw the company but the way I see it they have no problem screwing me every chance they get why should I worry about screwing them?

In the long run the business will get over it. They'll hire new people and forget you ever existed. You need to worry about you, not them.
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:15 PM
wow....thank you sooooo much! i feel so much better! they are sooooo f-ed when i leave!
craptacularwireless

Jul 5, 2007, 3:04 PM
Exaclty, your loyalty should be to yourself. You're the one who has to live with yourself. They don't care about you when you leave the store, you're nothing to them but an employee. No company shall ever have my loyalty unless it's my own.
Nikoletta

Jul 5, 2007, 4:49 PM
Right. Just make sure you keep the options open, don't burn any bridges.

It's good to follow all the quitting policy and try and be sympathetic when they try to talk you out of it. "I'm sorry, I've gotten a better offer."

You want to be sure you'll be able to use them as references later after all.
craptacularwireless

Jul 5, 2007, 4:59 PM
Actually, a company is prohibited by law to disclose a former employee's job performance. They can only be called to see if said employee was actually employed by the employer. Hehe, that was fun.
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:18 PM
Yes, you are a bad person and must be punished!

😳

Joind the Empire, the Death Star is a great place to work!!
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:21 PM
hahaha....an indirect tmobile offered me a job...but i dunno...verizon is the only place ive ever wroked for..
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:24 PM
I love my medical......... trust me, a they are a good place to work! Indirects are risky....
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:25 PM
yeah i know...hence my predicament...i have health insurance here to...well im supposed to..havent gotten any cards or any info on it, though i asked..
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:27 PM
well, my wife's c-section cost me $50 copay, and that is it, the rest was covered 100%
ErikaMarie

Jul 5, 2007, 2:18 PM
If you can do better elsewhere, do it.
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:21 PM
thank you...i just feel bad screwing them...but they would do it to me..like they did to everyone else..hell, i dont even get paid half the time!
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:26 PM
You work for $$, if you dont get $$, then dont work for them!!

I have no loyalty for people and companies that screw me........
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:30 PM
thing is, id otn really know how to read the payroll reports...ive asked people to show me but, never do i just repeat what my coworkers say. that we didnt get commision..that we didnt get the bonus we were supposed to get. i know waht im supposed to make, and i dont, but i dont know if its my fault or theirs!
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:37 PM
i think they make it confusing on purpose......... get a new job ASAP!
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:40 PM
thank you thank you thank you!!! i feel sooo much better knowing that im not an ass hole for leaving them row up **** creek with out paddlers!
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:44 PM
I you really want to screw them......... I can help......
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 3:01 PM
hahah no i dont want to do that...they are already screwed isnce everyone quit for not getting paid or being treated like slaves..
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 3:10 PM
bummer............. come to baltimore, there are a lot of wireless jobs here, paying upwards of 50k
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 5:19 PM
hahah i could..im in harrisburg
satch of the moe

Jul 5, 2007, 2:26 PM
you need a new job
yoboy8

Jul 5, 2007, 2:29 PM
my company made me sign a legal document stating that if i work for another carrier they can sue me..... 😕
foxiangel5

Jul 5, 2007, 2:31 PM
damn...how can they do that? i know that they can sue if i open my mouth about any info about the company, but not if i just work for them
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 2:31 PM
yeah, those dont alwaya hold up in court........
sckoisks17

Jul 10, 2007, 8:47 PM
Try to get a job with RadioShack or one of their kiosks that run in Wal-Mart/Sam's Club. I work in a Sam's Club RadioShack kiosk, it's great aside from the nutjob customers we get sometimes.
Lapdog

Jul 10, 2007, 9:48 PM
$1500 a month gross (before taxes)
11 hour days...
15 days a month...

so by my calculations, you work 165 hours a month.

$1500 x 12 months = $18000 a year
165 x 12 months = 1980 hours a year

$18000/1980 hours = $9.09 an hour, before taxes.

Obviously, by what you wrote, you don't get paid commission. You need to look out for yourself first. Are you worth more than $9.09 an hour?

Go work for a direct...real money, real HR, real payroll.

best of luck. You can do MUCH better!
Lapdog

Jul 10, 2007, 9:53 PM
$1200 a month x 12 months = $14400

$14400/1980 hours = $7.27 an hour.

RUN AWAY VERY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.