Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

iphone Abuse Test

goodbyejack

Jul 5, 2007, 9:17 AM
For all of you who were wondering how fragile the iphone will be, I have found a solution!!!

I was cruising youtube the night after the iphone launch and there is a guy that beat the hell out of his iphone and got it all on tape. I dont know the name of the clip but its on there, and you all need to go watch it.
cellb1tch

Jul 5, 2007, 9:21 AM
why did he beat it? was it because of the phone or something else? and how did it hold up?
goodbyejack

Jul 5, 2007, 9:23 AM
He worked for some big tech website that probally had the money to buy one to beat.

First - he put it in a bag full of keys and shook the hell out of it. Not a scratch!

He took a car key out of the bag and put force into scratching the surface - not a scratch!

Droped it on the floor from shoulder height, nothing!

Went outside and dropped it at shoulder height on CONTRETE! Scuffed up the chrome around the edges a little, but worked fine and still not a scratch!
loveface1106

Jul 5, 2007, 9:26 AM
Its an act of god! Maybe....
goodbyejack

Jul 5, 2007, 9:28 AM
HA HA - Considering we have already had someone bring an iphone in with a cracked screen and claiming when he opened the box the screen was cracked and demanded his money back. So, I am on the fence about this one.
blizone

Jul 5, 2007, 9:34 AM
Well dont you need to take it out of the box before you sell it to him... 😎
goodbyejack

Jul 5, 2007, 9:36 AM
Well sure I do. HA HA, we sealed those babies up in bags and they couldnt open them in the store. Not to mention, he is full of crap. He bought it Friday, I saw him open it in the parking lot and he didnt try to bring it back until Tuesday. Dude, quit wasting my time, it didnt come like that, dont try to pretend it did and you going to make my koolaide come shooting out my nose if you ask for a full refund one more time.
blizone

Jul 5, 2007, 9:40 AM
🤣 Nice... 😎
blizone

Jul 5, 2007, 9:40 AM
Now the creepy thing is what could he have done that caused the crack on the screen.....seeing what that company put the iphone through...? 😳 👀 😎
goodbyejack

Jul 5, 2007, 9:46 AM
THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was cracked from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. That guy put some hardcore pressure on it. And the funny thing is, it still worked, the buttons worked fine and you could bearly see the crack. If you knew it was there, you saw it, but a coworker of mine picked it up and played with it for over 20 minutes before he realized it was cracked. And im going to tell you something that will make you crazy -

THAT MAN, got a full refund, the $50 restocking fee, and the activation fee credited back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I about spilled my koolaide all over me when I heard my manager tell him that. He talked to the manager and it went all the way up to the big wigs, and they gave the ok to give him...
(continues)
blizone

Jul 5, 2007, 9:56 AM
😳 😳 😳

NO SH*T!!!!????

So the guy just profited 50 bucks from his purchase... 😳

That iPhone can make stuff happen.... 👀
chkchkchk

Jul 6, 2007, 12:53 PM
Maybe that's why insurance is not available for it 😎
poweredup

Jul 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
there are always ppl who buy expensive stuf just to tear it up, like the wii a guy stood in line all night, got one, opened it outside the store where it was just purchased and beat it with a bat. i am guessing just to have exposure on youtube as well. oh well if you have that kinda money.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.