Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Changing Companies

chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 1:30 PM
I currently work for at&t XBM. I'm considering working in a Sprint Store. Is that a smart move or am I crazy?
blizone

Jun 30, 2007, 1:46 PM
It depends...what position are you applying for...and why are you looking to leave att...?
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 1:50 PM
1. It's sales
2. I'll get the hook-up!
3. I currently have no hoopk-up, nor can I utilize the phone knowledge that I have where I'm at.
blizone

Jun 30, 2007, 1:53 PM
What kinda hook-up are they gonna give you...? 😎
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 1:54 PM
I only know part of it. He told me 4000 min for $20.
d3ity

Jun 30, 2007, 1:56 PM
So basically, instead of paying an ETF from att, the company you currently work for, you're just going to change the company you work for in order to get a cheaper cell plan?

Something sounds dumb about that.
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 2:32 PM
1. Who says I'm gonna cancel my line?
2. It's a GoPhone, so if I did cancel, It really wouldn't hurt me.
3. Know all the facts before you criticize someone.
d3ity

Jun 30, 2007, 5:44 PM
chocolateman85006 said:
1. Who says I'm gonna cancel my line?
2. It's a GoPhone, so if I did cancel, It really wouldn't hurt me.
3. Know all the facts before you criticize someone.

1. Well, you implied this by stating that the main incentive that you heard about was the 20 dollar employee plan

2. You work for AT&T/Cingular/whatever they're calling themselves this week. I personally know that cingular used to offer an employee plan that was pretty sweet.

3. The only fact you gave us was that sprint offers an employee plan. Therefore that is the only fact I know. If you present more facts you'd be able to get a much more informed response from me.

That said, working for RadioShack, sprint's co...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Jul 2, 2007, 8:45 AM
d3ity said:
. I don't care what kind of amazing comission structure Tmobile would give me, in my area, thier coverage sucks, no one want's thier service.

True. They have the best features, but their coverage is satisfactory, at best. I'll be dealing with Smartphones & PDA's, which is pretty much all I use; so it's right up my alley.
blizone

Jun 30, 2007, 2:01 PM
Oh wait so you are going to work for Sprint simply for the fact that you can get a cheaper rate plan...but get paid less an hour...Like what kinda incentives are they offering other than an employee phone plan... 😎
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 2:33 PM
I don't have all the details yet. I'll call him Monday to find out.
blizone

Jun 30, 2007, 2:53 PM
Well ask him how much you will be getting paid base and what their commission structure is... 😎
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 2:56 PM
I know so far that it's a weekly salary and a monthly bonus. I'll know more monday.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 30, 2007, 3:59 PM
um... thats gotta be an indirect because the sprint employee plan is $0 a month for unl calling texting pic mail and internet access...

and $20 a month for up to 12 friends and family to get 500 mins free weeekends and nights at 7 w/ unl text pic mail and internet...
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 4:02 PM
It's still better than any plan I've haad inm the past.
mallbound

Jun 30, 2007, 5:52 PM
Yeah that's the indirect plan. $20 for 3000 daytime, 1000 night. Unl Mob 2 Mob, 50 text, unl internet plus $50 worth of credits towards downloads a month. But you have to sign a 2yr to get it. That's the catch, if you can I'd go for a corporate store, much better plan and perks and discounts plus much much better commission. I know first hand. Only thing is that you have to be willing to deal with more problems working corporate than indirect.
chocolateman85006

Jul 2, 2007, 8:20 AM
They both seem to have their pros & cons.
TmoBrett

Jun 30, 2007, 5:18 PM
There are a lot of factors in that kind of a decision. I think the biggest thing has got to be your motivation, if you go to Sprint do it because you believe it is the better company to work for. Personally I work for T-Mo because it's a company I believe in. I've had the service since before I worked here and I have had a lot less trouble with my phone service than most of my friends with other providers, keep in mind this is without the perks of a dealer plan. You're gonna have a hard time selling or even supporting in any way a company you don't strongly believe in. I've worked outside the industry in sales as well and if you don't believe in a product or service people can tell and if you don't want it yourself then they will not want it...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.