Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Not sure how to feel about that one...

kapwww

Jun 30, 2007, 10:20 AM
I just had some little kid come in that couldn't have been more than 7. He handed me a cingular phone and a $10 Sprint PP card. He didn't really say anything. I'm a VZW exclusive agent. From what I gathered, someone gave him an old phone and he gathered up enough change to buy the wrong $10 card for his phone. I felt bad, but I couldn't do anything for his situation. The poor kid probably just had his day ruined.

My question is this: Where the hell were his parents? He walked in. There was no car out front. When I have kids, I will make sure they don't have to face a similar situation. The whole thing kinda bugs me...
krickt

Jun 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
We get that all the time. Kids are given old trac phones, go phones, whatever and told if they can save enough money to pay for the minutes, they can keep the phone. Then they come in and want to know why their go phone (gsm) won't work.

They worked and saved (and probably stole from their parents change pile) for weeks before they could afford all those minutes, and then they can't even use the phone because of lack of towers.

What's worse is when they bring their parents in to "force" me to make their phone work. Trust me, you don't want that to happen, it's never nice to talk to the parents in these situations.
TmoBrett

Jun 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
I hate getting the kid calls, most of them are about the Sidekicks with us here at Big Pink. They see Hillary Duff using one on the Disney Channel and decide it's time to call one of us. Kids from California are usually the worst I don't know if it's some lame "My Governor is the Terminator" attitude or something but those kids are the worst. There was one I talked to yesterday who started at least 85% of his sentances by saying "Did you know..." which was entirely rediculous and condescending coming from a kid who was in middle school at best.

CSK-(California Snob Kid)
"Did you know the sidekick 4 will be pearl black?"

Me-"No, none of us know because those are rumors and that product has not even officially been announced by T-Mobile...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jun 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
Glad to see your human. 😁

That would have probably bummed me a out a bit too.

Didja explain to him the problem and how to prevent it in the future?
captainplooky

Jun 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
you're 🙄
kapwww

Jun 30, 2007, 1:04 PM
I tried to explain the best I could. He didn't really talk or respond much so I don't know how much he got.
Nikoletta

Jul 1, 2007, 4:47 PM
I think honestly, at that point, I would have felt so bad I might have spent the $10 myself if I had it to buy him the correct card. I'm a sucker for small children with puppy-dog eyes.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.