Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Some people...

kapwww

Jun 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
make me want to pull my hair out and do heavy drugs.

I just get a phone call from a woman saying someone in my company messed up and now she has $5000 bill due. I look at everything and see that one secondary line of a family share plan was put on its own account 6 months ago. It was corrected before the first bill hit. No foul there. They wouldn't have been billed for anything inappropriately.

Come to find out...our mistake was that she signed up for the $10 text package on 2 lines that allows unlimited text and pics between VZW phones and 500 to non-vzw. Her kids used thousands upon thousands of INSTANT MESSAGES and went over their 500 in one day and ran up a huge bill...soooooo...NOT OUR FAULT! I remember the customer and ...
(continues)
kapwww

Jun 29, 2007, 11:53 AM
I should specify on the headset lady...I said if she had packaging we would have swapped it out for a different model. I should have said different COMPARABLE model. She wanted to exchange for a much better headset. Her original headset was a $40 cheap deal. She wanted to exchanged to a $120 noise cancelling headset.
ATTMark

Jun 29, 2007, 12:17 PM
ya i love people . i did an upgrade yesterday and the lady wanted a free car charger, bluetooth and case for her a727 she was purchasing. she said we owed her because she broke her old charger because she yanked it out of the phoen without pushing the little button. so i asked her if a car dealership would give her a free car if she blew the motor....she got quiet very kick , paid for all items she wanted and left. i try to be as nice as possible and when somebody has a legit problem i will be very nice. but i get so sick of this stereotype that everything cellular is free . i dont get where this comes from.
foxiangel5

Jun 29, 2007, 2:33 PM
all the tv commercials.....get a free chocolate if you buy a pizza! people take tthat sh!t to heart!
You will never guess

Jun 29, 2007, 8:28 PM
LOL I bought a BT HS today... Got home, charged it up, tried it out and decided that I didn't like it because of the lack of noise cancellation... You'd think I would know better seeing as how this is one of the complaints I hear most in my store... The good news you ask? I'll return it within my 30 day period and get something else. Even better? I'll bring the receipt, packaging, and the charger. Go figure...
DJ Parkay

Jun 29, 2007, 2:16 PM
VZW blowZ
frankiewawa

Jun 30, 2007, 8:33 AM
kapwww said:

I just get a phone call from a woman saying someone in my company messed up and now she has $5000 bill due. I look at everything and see that one secondary line of a family share plan was put on its own account 6 months ago. It was corrected before the first bill hit. No foul there. They wouldn't have been billed for anything inappropriately.

Come to find out...our mistake was that she signed up for the $10 text package on 2 lines that allows unlimited text and pics between VZW phones and 500 to non-vzw. Her kids used thousands upon thousands of INSTANT MESSAGES and went over their 500 in one day and ran up a huge bill...soooooo...NOT OUR FAULT! I remember the customer and specificaly told the
(continues)
Mr. Pickman

Jun 30, 2007, 8:38 AM
The best, the ALL TIME BEST are the parents who come in with their kids and ask why they have a 900 dollar bill, and I tell them its because line XXX-XXX-XXXX used 18140 txt messages when they had 250. Watch the kids face as you reach the last 4 digits-- each one is like smacking them in the face with a tack hammer. When their parents put two and two together, the unbridled fury is unleashed-- or they say "My kid never sent those".
frankiewawa

Jun 30, 2007, 8:57 AM
Yeah apparently phones send text messages BY THEMSELVES. 🙄

Yeah I had the same scenario once. Except the daughter was MIA, luckily. Or I think there would have been bloodshed in my store. But anyways, this customers daughter had a 4.99 package which allowed 200 text/pix msgs. Well she had used 4500+ that month. And so that is where your 450$ usage charge came from lady. 🤣
V4Vengeance

Jun 30, 2007, 9:22 AM
With all the options available for checking minute, data and text usage, it's amazing when people say they "don't have time" to monitor these, and blame the service provider instead of their own inattentiveness when the bill comes. If they give a kid a cell phone other than a Migo, and pay no further attention to what he/she's doing, what do they expect to happen?
just_asking

Jun 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
What I like to see is a plan based on usage.

use 1 - 500 text pay this, use 501 - 1000 text pay that, etc.

talk 1-500 minutes pay this, talk 501-1000 minutes pay that, etc.

Now no more overage fees and 10000 dollar bills and alot less pissed off customers.

Why make customers pick a plan, so they can charge overage fees.
Nikoletta

Jul 1, 2007, 5:09 PM
Well, a KidConnect plan is safe, that's the point.

KidConnect plans are only for existing Big Pink customers. The plan is $20 a month, kid can have ANY phone with it. Kid get 100 whenever minutes, unlimited calling to voicemail and unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile (for other Big Pink numbers) and once the 100 minutes are used up the phone simply won't place off network calls. Text messaging can be added as a package but if there is no package it's done as an exchange against minutes (4 text messages for every 1 minute... so kid either gets 100 minutes or 400 messages before it just flat stops working)

AND the kid can add minutes using pre-pay cards (or mom and dad can) at any time.

We don't advertise it NEARLY as much as we should.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.