Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Church ladies

kapwww

Jun 25, 2007, 8:23 AM
Church ladies are the worst. I can say this because my mom is one and I grew up going to church every week during my childhood, so I'm not stereotyping out of my element. They have somehow convinced themselves that because they believe in God, anything else they believe in has to be correct.

I have a lady who bought a phone and she keeps calling to say the battery is bad. She can't get more than 4 days out of it without recharging it. I asked how often she talks and she told me she doesn't use many of her minutes because most of her calls are between other VZW phones. I had to explain that just because it didn't use minutes in her package didn't also mean it wouldn't use battery power, but she was still convinced that something was...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Jun 25, 2007, 8:29 AM
I'm a devout Christian and I'll admit that many of us lie. But who doesn't lie, whether atheist, mormon, buddhist, etc........?
blizone

Jun 25, 2007, 3:56 PM
Hey Buddhists dont lie cuz there is no such thing as sinning or anything bad in us...accroding to the beliefs... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
chocolateman85006

Jun 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Do they believe that murder is okay, too?
ralph_on_me

Jun 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Murder is natural. It may not be socially acceptable, but things kill every day. It's unnatural when someone kills just to kill. It should be for survival.
MrAbstracto

Jun 26, 2007, 7:30 PM
or because that guy pissed me off... ๐Ÿ‘€
UOQuack

Jun 25, 2007, 9:09 AM
I too was raised as in a Christian home and taught to follow Christian beliefs and morals and such. I agree 100% that the self-righteous church goers are among the worst customers out there. That has been true, in my experience, in several different industries I've worked. The one thing I was taught though was a verse that goes something like "They will know we are Christians by our love"; basically this means if you have to tell me how holy and religious you are, you probably arent. The self-righteous hypocrites out there are the ones who give religion a bad name.
chocolateman85006

Jun 25, 2007, 10:06 AM
Indeed! Noone is perfect.
MrAbstracto

Jun 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
๐Ÿ˜ก
speak for yourself!
chocolateman85006

Jun 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
M15TER P1NK

Jun 25, 2007, 9:47 AM
not really on topic... but i think its amusing...

im an athiest by choice (ive seen what being overlyreligous does to a country... so im just not going to play that game)... but by birth im irish protestant... my best friend that ive known for ten years whos like a brother to me is irish catholic... were both two generations removed from the ireland (our great grandparents made the schlep over) so... had we been born eighty or so years ago... wed be hurling pipebombs at eachoter...

good times...
just_asking

Jun 26, 2007, 9:33 AM
You don't have to be an athiest just because we have religious freaks, hypocrist out there. Being under religous is worse. People need to have faith and morals base or else you are going to have anarchy.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2007, 7:02 PM
You can have morals a-plenty and ethics every which way without having a religion.

Just because you're not religious does not make you a bad person.
chocolateman85006

Jun 27, 2007, 8:25 AM
What you said is true, but I think what he's saying is that being religious doesn't make you a bad person either.
craptacularwireless

Jun 26, 2007, 7:07 PM
Religion is an invention of man.
WhoDey

Jun 25, 2007, 11:32 AM
\flamebait

Of course they lie, thats the bedrock of the religious faith

/flamebait
chocolateman85006

Jun 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
WhoDey said:
lamebait

Of course they lie, thats the bedrock of the religious faith

/flamebait

And non-christians don't?
betty_bermuda

Jun 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
yeah...take a look at politics and pop culture...
chocolateman85006

Jun 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
Exactly my point!! Those people only mention God when they drop something on their foot!
txsolitaire

Jun 27, 2007, 1:43 PM
nah they just dont tell whoppers like christians do.

"Jesus died for your sins"

o rly? too bad that entire story is a ripoff copy/paste style from another religion. (older religion)
chocolateman85006

Jun 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
Are you an atheist?
goodbyejack

Jun 26, 2007, 10:02 AM
WOW this is a touchy subject,

But from my experience, the church going crowd always believes that I should give them everything for free. But then again, so does every customer that walks through the door. ๐Ÿคจ

From past experiences and my current job, church going people are always very rude and the first customers to loose their temper and start demanding obserd things.
craptacularwireless

Jun 26, 2007, 7:07 PM
They are blessed, God will forgive them, remember?

/sarcasm
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2007, 7:13 PM
I need to beat you about the head and shoulders with a wet lasagna noodle.
nuckingfuts

Jun 26, 2007, 7:47 PM
Nikoletta said:
I need to beat you about the head and shoulders with a wet lasagna noodle.

Sounds kinky........

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.