Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Signing Drunk

lexi0707

Jun 22, 2007, 4:02 PM
I had a customer come in today asking about getting a line of service. I ran his info and he only had a $100 deposit, so he went ahead and signed a 2 year agreement. The whole time I was setting up the account I could smell beer and weed on him. He did not even have a drivers license just an I.D.
Is it illegal to have someone sign a contract while they are drunk? I'm thinking this one will definitely be a chargeback....
iRawesome

Jun 22, 2007, 4:03 PM
But a funny chargeback.
cilvzwagent

Jun 22, 2007, 5:07 PM
Technically, they have to be coherant to enter into anything contractual. If they were drunk, they could come back and say it wasn't them, or that they were drunk, and then the contract would be null and void...because you knew they weren't in their right mind to make legal decisions.
phonemechanic

Jun 22, 2007, 6:13 PM
But at that point, it becomes he-say/she-say and bottom line is that they signed the contract and there would be very little way to prove that they were intoxicated. I'd have to say the contract would still be valid.

But the first phone I sold was to a drunk guy, so what the hell do I know? 🤣 😁
d3ity

Jun 22, 2007, 6:15 PM
I've had my boss call the store before and tell us one of his friends was coming in... after drinking at applebees...

He was one of the most entertaining customers I've ever had.
DJ Parkay

Jun 22, 2007, 8:29 PM
Nope thats their problem. Doesnt count as duress if they do it to themselves.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.