Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

What?! A NICE customer?!?!?!?!

cell_hell

Jun 16, 2007, 10:50 AM
I had an old guy come in yesterday, I'd been talking to his granddaughter or daughter on the phone all day trying to get him a new phone cause he lost his.

So we talk about it and pick out the phone that will be best and the granddaughter said she would send him up here.

So we get everything done, and as he's leaving he says to me "I never have anyone treat me nice, especially as nice as you have been. Can I have your card, I want to send you something" so i'm like ok. He owns a fruit basket company and he told me cherries were coming in and that i should expect some.

So, just wondering, are there any customers out there that, instead of pissing you off, make you day better?
blizone

Jun 16, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah actually this lady came in today to pay her bill and remember that I was the rep who sold her first phone and before paying her bill said that she would like to add a line and buy a new phone for her current line..... 😁

I asked why she just did that out of the blue...she said that since I was so nice to her as a customer she knows I would be nice to her family and she said that next month when it is time to pay her next bill she will be adding the whole family of 5 to her account...(she qualifies for 8 lines...) đŸ˜ŗ

So yeah I know how you feel... 😁
chainsaw

Jun 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
thats awesome!
blizone

Jun 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
Tell me about it....So customer servcie pays off wicked big every now and then.... 😎
chainsaw

Jun 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
We had a guy that was out of state and we couldn't look up his account but we were so nice to call up care and do a warranty replacement for him that he offered to give us a 20 dollar tip. But we refused ☚ī¸
expectpwnage

Jun 16, 2007, 4:17 PM
chainsaw said:
he offered to give us a 20 dollar tip. But we refused ☚ī¸

noobs. đŸ¤Ŗ

i had a guy give me $20 for 1 cigarette i gave him. while he was in my store he also authorized over the phone a 3 day/3night stay for his attorney in a $300 a night hotel.
offered one of my female coworkers a job as his PA, to basically "keep his ass in-line, and make sure he made his golf tee times"

the whole time he never took off the sunglasses he was wearing.

😎 ::baller:: 😎
foxiangel5

Jun 16, 2007, 2:42 PM
sooooo dumb! she was the easiest sale i ever had! she has a nextel contract and wanted her babys daddy to have a cell so for some reason she decided to get him a verizon contract....???....any way, she signed it under her name....sold her a razr, with vcast, a car charger and case, and a bluetooth. all i said was, "this phone can do this, would you like me to add it?" "oh yeah, whatever...thats cool!" love it!!!! i say shes dumb cuz she was like in her 40s but was acting like a dumb blonde...the giggle, the blank stare, etc...
nuckingfuts

Jun 16, 2007, 3:11 PM
Chargeback!
expectpwnage

Jun 16, 2007, 3:14 PM
that will all be canceled and your going to get yelled at because that custy didn't agree to all that.

she will also want you to fix her $400 bill.
foxiangel5

Jun 16, 2007, 4:29 PM
hey she said yes!!! and i explained and circled EVERYTHING afterwards...shes just lil...slow..i think..
expectpwnage

Jun 16, 2007, 5:05 PM
hey i just told you what SHE is going to say.
we all know what really happened. 😎
cilvzwagent

Jun 16, 2007, 3:05 PM
When i worked for a previous indirect agent I had a customer who always came in and thought I hung the moon in the wireless industry. I never really had to do anything back bending or out of the ordinary as far as customer service goes for her. But when I left the company she said she felt that she had no where to go to get help, until she came to the new store in town (where I am now). She came in lit up with smiles, and within a week I had a card with $20 in it. I treated my girls to Dairy Queen that day.

Had another lady who moved to a non-service area and wanted to know what her options were. I told her that there were no plans on building a tower there, and told her which company worked where she lived. She then smiled back and...
(continues)
cell_hell

Jun 16, 2007, 4:09 PM
I just had one of my customers tell our regional account manager (kinda my boss's boss's co boss) how good i was at my job. And how he would be bringing all of his friends and family to me in the future for their cell needs. The regional is going to "pass that on to the higher ups."

yay for a gold star... cause thats all that i'll get out of it.
phonemechanic

Jun 16, 2007, 4:19 PM
That happened to me a couple months ago. I didn't even get a gold star đŸ˜ĸ
crystal

Jun 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
i like to think of myself as very nice, so nice customers are a treat.

a lot of customers here come in so often, and are so familiar, i'm on a first name basis with them.

nicest guy i had gave me some of the new dollar coins.

i am a lot nicer to nice people, too.
Mr. Pickman

Jun 18, 2007, 11:48 PM
I have a few folks I help out on occasion that really make my day.

Kinda-Goth chick and her electrician dad came in a few times, once with a repair problem and the other few times to upgrade, and each time I remembered their names and they remembered mine. We played word association games while it was slow at their insistance and it really made me take myself out of work mode for a bit, which was awesome. Her dad was also one of the coolest people I've ever had an adult conversation about science schtuff with. Its not often you get to drop theoretical time travel debuffers with someone whose as nerdy as you are.

The best recently was a complete surprise, too. This guy comes in in beach clothes smelling kinda sweaty with sunglasse...
(continues)
frankiewawa

Jun 19, 2007, 8:07 AM
... you're not getting fruit. You're getting anthrax in the form of fruit. đŸ˜ŗ
Blumpelstiltskin

Jun 19, 2007, 9:56 AM
Or some of those new SARS pears
frankiewawa

Jun 19, 2007, 10:42 AM
Or maybe maggots that look like rice in your chinese food. 10 minute.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
yeah i actually posted a thread awhile back called "the redeemer" about this exact subject... i have a now repeat custy that accidently told me to upgrade her hubbys phone when it was supposed to be her sons... (just gave me the wrong number at time of activation... honest mistake and easy fix) she called back and was like my husdbands phone stopped working and hes a venue promoter... my son keeps getting all his calls...

so i tell her to come back in and well fix it no problem... when im done fixing it (five minutes later) she says... wow... what do you like at starbucks so i told her strawberries and creme frapps why?

ten minutes later shes back with one for me

😁

now shes in about once evrey two months upgrading a different ...
(continues)
angelgirl1085

Jun 19, 2007, 8:58 PM
one day when i was working at the repair center i had a customer that called in to find out where to bring his phone for repair and i told him and when he sent one of his workers with the phone to be dropped off he sent me a box of fresh french truffles and a rose as well with a thank you note...come to find out he owned a chocolate company
moemoe26

Jun 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
Had a customer come in back in september to upgrade a phone got along very well with him and from that time he came to me to upgrade phones on his business account and brought his wife in to start new service. In december came back in to port over 48 lines from Sextel to the Check mark and next month had his buddy move service over from Big Pink to us with a total of 28 lines....LOVE THOSE CUSTOMERS
oneday

Jun 20, 2007, 1:32 AM
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
OK , this was in a different industry , i was managing a local bottle shop , i had a great customer that was a regular i would see him maybe two or three times a week , I had just booked a holiday and was a bit razzed about and was telling him my plans etc etc , he asks me who i was going to hire a care from , as i had no answer he get on his phone and books one for me , no charge , get it delivered to my door and tells me that insurance is covered . He was working at a car hire firm , how was that . 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.