Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Hang Ups

Nikoletta

Jun 14, 2007, 2:41 PM
I want to slap people who just hang the phone up when they don't hear exactly what they want to hear.

I just had a lady who wanted to pay to her account (which she's had for less than a month and is on a probationary style of account.) who slammed the phone down on me the minute I said that she had to pay up front.

Why do people think this is acceptable?
Nikoletta

Jun 14, 2007, 2:47 PM
Actually, answering my own questions with a bit of rambling.

People don't see us as humans or people... when we're over the phone they come into the interaction ready to be pissy, demanding and mean, in the stores they are already in the mind set that they need to be confrontational.

They do this because they feel like if they throw a big enough fit they will get what they want. It's sadly typical of the entire industry.
tackle

Jun 14, 2007, 4:48 PM
which is funny, because there's no way we can do ANYTHING if you're not on the line anymore.

I'm really sick of people not thinking phone agents are people too. Srsly.
Nikoletta

Jun 14, 2007, 5:23 PM
Well they usually call back too, to try and get somebody else who will tell them what they want to hear. The sad thing here is that half the agents WILL break policy (routinely) and place orders on the probationary accounts even when we aren't commissioned agents. It drives me crazy because then I come out as the bad guy for doing my job by the book instead of breaking policy all the time to make somebody happy. I recognize that the rule concerning who can bill to account is there for a very good reason, not just because they are probationary either, it is also for their protection.
tackle

Jun 14, 2007, 5:32 PM
I know exactly what you mean. "Well IT WAS PROMISED! IT'S IN THE NOTES!"

Well, I'm not about to lose my job for honoring bunk notes for you or the 92834 other people who have tried that garbage.

If the notes said jump off a bridge, would I do that too?
toolz

Jun 15, 2007, 11:55 PM
i love following policy and telling customers no. its the highlight of my day
oneday

Jun 14, 2007, 7:35 PM
🙂 🙂 🙂 😁 😁 😁 Me, and I'm half way accross the world . There is a Nikoletta appreciation society in the mall where i work , we have at last count over 15 mobile shops or kiosks (yes its a big mall ) and we all talk about you when we get together . Your the best .
BigShowJB

Jun 14, 2007, 8:22 PM
i appreciate you nik... cause you take all the igonorant people away from my kiosk at the mall. but i wish it wasn't you taking all the guff...it really should be my ex from my junior year of college.....bitch ass slut!!!! not you, nik, her....
craptacularwireless

Jun 14, 2007, 2:51 PM
I hang up on CSRs who aren't doing their jobs properly. I'm never mean to them, I just hang up before it gets really bad.
fozzyface

Jun 16, 2007, 12:09 PM
i do that as well, if i'm calling another department and they do not know what they're doing, i'll just hang up and get a rep that does.
Nikoletta

Jun 17, 2007, 4:32 PM
Hanging up on somebody who is an idiot though (which I too have done) is different than hanging up on somebody because they give you an answer you don't like... (Such as "No, I'm sorry, the RAZR is not free.")

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.