Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

My blood is boiling...long rant...sorry...

kapwww

Jun 13, 2007, 1:04 PM
I just had a guy come in wanting to exchange phones. He did a BOGO deal with basic camera phones. At the same time, we offered a BOGO deal on higher end phones with extra features, but he didn't want to pay the extra money. I should also mention that I'm the only guy who works at my store and my regional manager happened to be standing by my desk visiting on rounds while this guy was in.

He now wants the higher end phones. He's had his current phones for 45 days. We have a 15 day exchange policy. On top of that, one of his phones looked like crap and the other had been obviously wet. He had also sent his rebates in so the barcodes were removed from the boxes. I explained to him the multitude of reasons why I wouldn't exchange his ...
(continues)
64kwireless

Jun 13, 2007, 3:16 PM
That is awesome... good for you........ those jerk businessmen always want something fixed for free. Did you ask him in his line of work if a customer broke your product, would he replace it and take a $300 hit??? he would say "hell no" exactly. they just don't understand. great compoture you had.. wish you were one of my sales reps.
Nikoletta

Jun 13, 2007, 3:27 PM
That is masterful, he needed smacked back down, after acting like a chimp. I wish we could get away with saying "Hey man, you're being a tool." more often but that would never fly around here.
BigShowJB

Jun 13, 2007, 3:50 PM
you should have told him flipping burgers is NOT considered being a businessman
blizone

Jun 13, 2007, 3:53 PM
Yeah I know the feeling which is why I chose to work at a company that offers no contracts that way the customers already know they are going to have to pay full retail for any phone they want regardless of how long they have been with us.... 😁
use_payphones

Jun 13, 2007, 3:59 PM
it's awesome that your boss had you back like that... i wish my management was like that...

but, yeah man, i don't know what else i would have responded to "i'm not just trying to be a jerk to get my way" with...
oldskooler

Jun 13, 2007, 7:27 PM
Maybe you could have said he was certainly succeeding at one but not the other. I always despised people like him. Think they can get their way if they scream or whine ong enough. What a great Rm you have.
oneday

Jun 13, 2007, 7:36 PM
I,m in awe at the fact you cam up with a witty one liner , I only think of them on the drive home 😎
kapwww

Jun 14, 2007, 8:57 AM
I'm usually in the same boat. It just kinda popped out. I was too pi$$ed to think about it.
Mr. Pickman

Jun 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
You're lucky.. our RM would've given the guy my register.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.